I was for Gay Marriage long before it was cool.
There's a difference between being pro-Gay and anti-Gay-Activist. There are many close-minded and caustic gays that give the rest a bad name.
Hit or miss is the hypocrite George Takei.
If you lie for a cause, or become an activist, it can undermine that cause to the informed. An example is the whole fake-fight over bathrooms started in Charlotte: Trans-tolerance, Charlotte and Lady's Restrooms
Something wicked, this way comes
- I love and respect my gay/trans friends and family, a lot.
- I don't care how people get their friction, and I expect God has higher priorities than where people rub their junk.
- My religious friends have as much right to express their views on others behaviors as my gay and progressive friends do.
- My LGBT Friends and Fam are proud adults that can defend themselves (they don't need condescending protection).
- Those that can't handle triggering thoughts, need to get out more, grow, and learn to cope with a society that won't always agree with them.