(D) Vice President and Presidential Candidate - claimed, "Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15, because you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door". Someone's been watching too many cowboy westerns: it isn't going through a modern solid door, and you'd be breaking the law by doing it, especially if you hit someone (like the child on the other side). He went on to repeat variants of this stupidity (showing he's slow to learn). It's not all Democrat gun opinions that are wrong, it's just the 95% that give the rest a bad name.
Biden : 7 items
Tara Reade - The FakeNews media has been actively suppressing information about Joe Biden's accuser, while the people screaming about Kavanaugh or Trump, are defending Biden despite a more serious allegation with far more evidence of wrongdoing. If Democrats didn't have double standard, they wouldn't have standards at all.
Memes-Biden - Creepy Joe Biden: gaffe-factory, has the straight-line moral compass of a dandelion seed in a tornado.The senile serial-sniffer also has an uncomfortable infatuation for children. He makes Sarah Palin look scholarly.
Biden on race - I don't think Joe Biden is a racist... but I do think Joe Biden makes Donald Trump look refined and delicate on issues of race. It demonstrates those who oppose Trump but support Biden because of "race" are likely hypocrites. Examples:
- 1970's Biden opposed forced bussing in his state (but supported it for other states), claiming "he didn't want his kids to grow up in a "racial jungle" in regards to desegregation"
- 1994 Crime Bill (and mass incarceration in the entirety of 80's and 90's) got Joe Biden's full throated support calling blacks, "super predators": which is a sore spot for blacks persecuted under the bill. Joe claims it was other things (mandatory minimums) the was the bad part of the bill. There's a lot more nuance than the media simplification -- but in hindsight Biden was on the wrong side of the issue from a black/race PoV.
- 2007 During Obama's campaign he referred to Obama's charm as, "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy,”... as if Barack was the first charming and articulate black politician in history? If a Republican had said that, the media would have crucified him.
- 2020.05.22 Biden goes on black radio host and twitter giant (Charlamagne the God's show) and replied "If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black." Activists were outraged that a white guy tried to be the arbiter of blackness. More rational people were outraged that the underlying point was that blacks couldn't have differing opinions or political leanings. Biden claimed it was just a joke... and about as funny as if he wore blackface and sang Mammy.
Biden on Guns - “150 million people have been killed since 2007,” Biden declared... or about half the U.S. population? His campaign claimed that it was a 150 thousand (not million), but that's sort of an exaggeration that misses the point. According to the CDC about 80% of those were gang violence, and since gangs smuggle drugs, they can easily smuggle guns -- thus gun control can't impact those rates in any material way. Filter out those, and we're suddenly talking about 2,100 of the 2.5 millions deaths per year in the U.S.
Biden and Ukraine - The whole Ukrainegate started because Joe Biden is caught on tape, admitting he did a criminal act, by threatening Ukraine to fire a prosecutor which stopped a criminal investigation into his son, or he'd withhold $1B in U.S. aid. Ukraine fired that prosecutor, ended that investigation, and funneled $millions to his Son's company (and ultimately his Son. Who had no prior experience, and yet was hired and paid millions in bonuses for this fortuitous coincidence or payola). Multiple media outlets at the time noted it, but had little curiosity about investigative journalism (and the conflict of interest) or pushing this further.
Joe and Hunter Biden - In 2014 Hunter Biden (Joe's son), with no prior experience in Gas, Politics or Government Policy, joined the board of Burisma Holdings (the largest natural gas producer in Ukraine) for a fat fee of $50K/month, over the concerns of conflict of interest by the Obama Administration. Joe Biden was caught on tape bragging about how he demanded Ukraine to immediately fire the country's top prosecutor, Viktor Shokin, who was overseeing an investigation into Burisma (his Sons company), or he would withhold $1B in American Aid to Ukraine, and they fired him. His Son also did the same thing in China, and got an even fatter payout, which Joe Biden was also overseeing relations with. The defenses are that while they did collude/pressure Ukraine, others were as well, and the investigation was mostly dormant and not really about Hunter... but those are all benefits of the doubt the left/media/Dems would never give the right/Trump. If interference is a crime, then this is a crime. If it isn't, then Trump is innocent. Trump asked for Ukraine to investigate whether there was any impropriety, that is all: and that's not criminal. But it was enough to start Russiagate II, with Democrats demanding impeachment for the high crime of investigating more blatant wrongdoing by Joe than Trump has ever been caught in.
Vice President Joe Biden made this statement in an interview with Field & Stream's Anthony Licata, "Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15, because you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door". Someone's been watching too many cowboy westerns: it isn't going through a modern solid door, and you'd be breaking the law by doing it.
He later repeated it as a double barrel .12 gauge, and just fire two shots in the air. Only a few problems with this
- If you shoot the 2 shots with a double barrel, you are out of ammo and you can’t shoot the intruders
- shooting randomly into the air is unsafe
- shooting a warning shot may get you arrested and jailed (illegal in most cities)
- if there are 3 or more intruders (and you only have a double-barrell), you may not have enough rounds even if you haven’t fired indiscriminately into the air
- A 12 gauge may be too powerful for the person, an AR-15 or some other gun is easier (safer) to control (what know-nothing Joe was recommending against)
At least he's got a low drama family... or not: sex, hookers, debt, cocaine, and his son was sleeping with dead brothers wife
Seal Team 6
On May 3, 2011, at an event in Washington, Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. did the unthinkable: He publicly revealed the identity of the special-operations unit responsible for bin Laden’s killing. His reckless action put at risk the lives of every member of SEAL Team 6. The Taliban and other jihadists eager to avenge bin Laden now knew which unit to target. Stunned and shocked, SEAL members immediately realized they were going to be hunted by al Qaeda sympathizers. The entire team had to tell their families to scrub all associations with their sons. By August a Chinook helicopter carrying 15 SEAL Team 6 members (30 servicemen) was ambushed and shot down. It was America’s single greatest loss of life in Afghanistan and the largest number of SEALs ever killed in one incident in history. Then the funeral services held in Afghanistan had a Muslim cleric presiding over the it, and in Arabic, he damned the “infidel” SEALs, condemning their souls “to hell.” Thanks Joe (and Barack).