- CO2 has never caused any global warming (that we can tell) in the historical record. None.
- Historically, warming causes the oceans to release more CO2, and then we saw CO2 rise as a result of the other warming.
- Some speculate that the CO2 released from this warming magnified the warming that was happening, but that doesn't explain why we cooled down again (even with higher CO2 levels).
- Remember, we had ice ages with 7,000 or 8,000 ppm of CO2, and for the last few million years the average CO2 level has been over 1,000 ppm (twice the current levels).
- We’ve gone up from 300-400 PPM in the last 200 years -- however, half of that happened before man contributed much to the CO2 cycle at all (beginning around 1950 when man first crossed the 1 gigaton/year level), and much of the rest was due to the Oceans releasing CO2.
|Climate History||CO2 is causing the climate to warm, we’re near a tipping point: 97% of scientists say so. And the earth is doomed if we don’t accept carbon taxes, green energy and stop using fossil fuels immediately. The Green New Deal would be our salvation. Even free speech shouldn't apply to Climate change deniers, with efforts to arrest those scientists and pundits that disagree with the newspeak||The climate is changing because it’s always changing, the models are inconclusive. Science isn’t consensus and the studies that claim consensus are junk-science. Since the climate models are undeniably broken, and CO2 has been proven not to be as much of a forcing factor as expected, we’re near an all time low in global temperature, warming has historically been good for humanity, and those screaming the loudest have a history of being wrong. We need to study more before overreacting: and fossil fuels have done more to decrease pollution than to harm us. And many famous scientists think this stuff is overblown. You don't win scientific arguments through suppression of facts/arguments you don't like.|
- Whether more is being captured than lost (and how much) is still in continuous debate, We aren't sure if there are positive or negative feedbacks. All we know is that the IPCC climate models are broken (we've fallen off the bottom of projections, and they failed and their predictions): the debate is over how wrong they are.
- People get confused here. Why isn't CO2 causes warming proven? They think CO2 causing our warming is a fact. Well, CO2 does catch wavelengths of light, and that's "warming", so that part is known and is what most scientists are asked about ("Q: does CO2 cause warming? A: Yes"). But there are many other things at play that cause cooling. Some other factors are:
- As the climate warms, we release more water vapor: which becomes clouds, which reflect light (albedo effect), resulting in cooling, and it causes more rain (which scrubs more CO2 out of the air)
- CO2 stimulates more plants, which absorb more CO2 (especially algae's), which sequesters CO2
- CO2 converts light to heat (in the upper atmosphere) -- but if it didn't, most would get down into the lower/denser atmosphere where it's captured by water vapor and the the ground anyways. Even the biggest alarmist admit that a doubling of CO2 is at MOST worth 1-3° of warming (not very much), and that's based on the flawed simplification that is the IPCC models.