Difference between revisions of "Whitmer on COVID"
(Created page with "Whitmer on COVID is like any other leftist asshat using one-size-fits-all policies to punish rural parts of the State, because of things happening in Detroit (her base). So sh...")
Revision as of 21:35, 13 May 2020
Whitmer on COVID is like any other leftist asshat using one-size-fits-all policies to punish rural parts of the State, because of things happening in Detroit (her base). So she arbitrarily invented laws that made no sense at all
- Because Trump quoted France's top Epidemiologist, and studies on Hydroxychloroquine showed it helped, she outlawed it for Michiganders. She'd rather kill people than allow Trump a political victory.
- You have to shut down Big Box stores (Walmart, Target, etc) had to block off their gardening and paint supplies, why? On top of that, smaller stores didn't have to.
- Liquor stores and Lottery tickets were open and considered essential.
- Power boats and Jet Skis were verboten -- but Canoes and Kayaks were allowed.
- Shutting down the Golf Courses (a $4B industry in her state), because if there's ever a sport that follows Social Distancing guidelines, it's Golf.
- Outlawing "house to house" travel for people in State, but not out of State. If you have two homes, city and up-state, you can't travel between them -- but people from other states can come in. Why? Because it's a stay-at-home order, no matter that driving in your car hurts nobody.
- Sheriffs Mike Borkovich, Ted Schendel, Ken Falk, and Kim Cole decided that they'd had enough, telling the public that they take their oath to the U.S. Constitution seriously and consider themselves the “last line of defense in protecting your civil liberties.” So they wrote an open letter explaining to their constituents, “We write today to inform the public for our respective counties of our opposition to some of Governor Whitmer’s executive orders"... in other words, they weren't going to enforce her mandates.
- When the people started protesting, she threatened to extend the lockdown to punish them... and called them racist and misogynistic for refusing her stupid rules.
It feels more like she wants to punish people and maximize COVID damage, and teach the authority of a Progressive Democrat willing to don Jack Boots... for the greater good of course.
The wokescolds can't seem to figure out that this isn't a sprint, it's a marathon. The government only governs at the consent of the governed. The objective is to keep people following the rules -- but to do that, the rules have to make sense, and not be arbitrary and specious displays of power.