2017.08.28 Ted Cruz Ambush
To give you an idea of the kind of ambush politics they play, in the middle of a Natural Disaster, where Ted Cruz is talking about disaster relief Katy Tur drops a bombshell attack, "a lot of people are pointing out that you voted against aid for Sandy" (back in 2012)... and saying, "You're asking for money now when you weren't willing to help the people in the Northeast. What do you have to say to them?” Talk about the classic, scummy, "do you beat your wife often?" kind of question.
Cruz was a lot more civil than he she deserved. After trying to get back on topic and said, "there's time for political sniping later", she pressed. And an he gutted her argument. One that she wouldn't have made if she was informed on what had really happened -- or if she knew this, and asked anyways, shows what a dishonest shrew she is.
The facts are:
- It was a $60.4B dollar bill where Democrats filled 2/3rds with unrelated pork (and Obama signed) that was nicknamed Sandy Scam
- "it's not right for politicians to exploit a disaster and people are hurting to pay for their own political wish list. Disaster relief needs to be focused on the victims of disaster relief. And I supported that for Sandy, disaster relief."
To give you an idea of why honest politicians didn't like the dishonest pork-barrelling the Democrats threw in?
- $8 million to buy cars and equipment for the Homeland Security and Justice departments
- $150 million for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration to dole out to fisheries in Alaska
- $2 million for the Smithsonian Institution to repair museum roofs in DC
- $13 billion would go to “mitigation” projects to prepare for future storms (in Democrat districts)
- $207 million for the VA Manhattan Medical Center
- $41 million to fix up eight military bases including Guantanamo Bay, Cuba
- $4 million for repairs at Kennedy Space Center in Florida
- $3.3 million for the Plum Island Animal Disease Center
- $1.1 million to repair national cemeteries.