2019.01.20 Covington Catholic High School
- There was also some racist Black Hebrew Israelites (BHI) that were hurling racist slurs at the white kids before all this started, but the media failed to pick up on that.
- Of course once the left learned that they were wrong, they tried to alter history, again, and delete all the tweets slamming the Maga-hat kids. Of course, I might do it too -- but I do question the intent. It seems easier to just apologize than purge history. But I get both.
- And to top it off, even when the longer video shows the truth, the left is saying "ignore the facts" and don't doubt the 10 second clip and look at the full context. For if you learn to think before you react, you're lost to liberalism for life, or something to that effect.  Seriously.
- With the left's usual temperament of tolerance, they started hate bullying, intimidation and death-threatening the kids, to where the school felt it had to be temporarily shut down. 
- To show you what kind of person the activist (Nathan Phillips) is, he refuses to meet with the kids, and suggest they be expelled, and lied (on video) about being a Vietnam war veteran. And of course places like CNN and NBC had him on, to give him the soft interview treatment, instead of being journalists and asking him the tough questions about his history of faux victim, why did he lie about being a Vietnam veteran, and lie about who started it and said what? Snopes said it was unproven he made the claim of being a Vietnam veteran, that is easily available on-line. 
- There was a debunked fake claim of the kids wearing blackface. Then NBC tried to spin a story about them being anti-Gay for banning a kid from speaking because his speech was submitted too late and was too political. (And the kid happened to be Gay). 
The Babylon Bee (Satire) summed it up perfectly: Press That Sicced Mob On Teenagers Based On 10-Second Video Clip Unsure Why Some People Call Them 'Fake News' 
There was also a trend of people calling to punch one (or more) of those Covington high school kids in the face, because they interpret his smile as a smirk, all in the name of love, tolerance and social justice of course. Which (with the help of a friend's reminding) brought to mind a quote from 1984:
❝ It was terribly dangerous to let your thoughts wander when you were in any public place or within range of a telescreen. The smallest thing could give you away. A nervous tic, an unconscious look of anxiety, a habit of muttering to yourself—anything that carried with it the suggestion of abnormality, of having something to hide. In any case, to wear an improper expression on your face (to look incredulous when a victory was announced, for example) was itself a punishable offence. There was even a word for it in Newspeak: FACECRIME, it was called. ❞
After 5 weeks of should have known better, and a lawsuit against them, on 03/01 WaPo finally corrects a few of the multitude of errors in their initial reporting of the Covington story, in a Friday Night News dump. This odd day/time update is a chickenshit tactic to bury a story (mistake) in the weakest day/hour of the News-cycle so they have plausible deniability without actually trying to inform the readers of their mistake. They had previously corrected (01/22) that the Native American activist (Nathan Philips) was not a Vietnam Vet.