2019.02.07 Green New Deal
🍉 The Green New Deal was a program championed by AOC, endorsed by the left, that confirms everything conservatives have been warning about the Watermelon Environmental Movement: their goal is not to save the planet, but use that to enact communism/socialism in the U.S. This $93 Trillion boondoggle admits wanting to destroy the coal, oil, airline industry, and replace planes to Hawaii with trains, and replace every building in the U.S. force everyone to go vegetarian (and eliminate cow-farts), within 10 years. Oh and complete wealth redistribution, 70%+ taxes, and so on. Politifact is of course flagging people as false for pointing this out, because they meant it, "perhaps in jest", even though there was not a scintilla of evidence of that.
Since in the looney left's mind, we have only 12 years to avoid environmental catastrophe (based on no scientific evidence, and a history of environmentalist claims being dramatically wrong), it calls for the following things:
- For the United States to be free of carbon emissions within 10 years... without the use of nuclear power.
- Replacement (or retrofit) of every building in the United States, in green fashion
- Replacement of airplanes with high-speed trains, charging stations “everywhere”
- Replacement of “every combustion-engine vehicle
- the abolition of “farting cows", everyone to go vegetarian
Then it goes full Socialist with nothing to do with the environment at all:
- Universal healthcare
- Free college education
- government-provided jobs
- family and medical leave, vacations, retirement security,
- “economic security” for anyone “unable or unwilling to work.”
And it uses brilliant economics like the following, “At the end of the day, this is an investment in our economy that should grow our wealth as a nation, so the question isn’t how we will pay for it, but what will we do with our new shared prosperity.”
While Democrat candidates lined up to be on board this crazy train to ruin, the FakeNews and Fact Checkers were claiming, "they aren't serious", when of course the special-ed division of the DNC was 100% serious about these objectives.
Patrick Moore (co-founder of Greenpeace) on AOC