They say how they claim to love America and are just trying to protect it.... so why they are chanting “No Trump! No Wall! No USA at all!“:
It's becoming so clear now why the war of words between SJWs and the new white nationalists is so intense. It isn't because they have huge ideological differences -- it's because they have so much in common.
- Both are obsessed with race - SJWs demanding white shame, the white supremacists are responding with white pride.
- Both view everyday life and culture through a highly racialised filter. SJWs can't even watch a movie without counting how many lines the black actor has in comparison with the white actor so that they can rush home and tumblr about the injustice of it all. The White Nationalists do the same back, just with their colored people.
- Both have a seemingly boundless capacity for self-pity.
- Both are convinced they're under siege, whether by patriarchy, transphobia and the Daily Mail (SJWs) or by pinkos and blacks (white nationalists).
- Both have a deep censorious strain
- Both crave recognition of their victimhood and flattery of their feelings.
This is really what they're fighting over -- not principles or visions but who should get the coveted title of the most hard-done-by identity. They're auditioning for social pity. "My life matters! My pain matters! I matter!" The increasing bitterness and even violence of their feud is not evidence of its substance, but the opposite: it's the narcissism of small differences. The white nationalists are a reflection and backlash against black supremacists (BLM), BDM, LGBTQ and the success of other pity movements.
Paraphrased from Jonah Goldberg:
Antifa : 14 items
Punch a Nazi:
Violence is always justified (or rationalized) by the far left. Remember, Antifa is celebrated by Democrat politicians and the media, this is who they support:
Who were fascists? They wore black shirts and shut down their political enemies through violence and intimidation. And what do the antifascists do? The same thing under the guise of going after the true fascists.
- Rise of the violent left (as if this is new):
Antifa was behind violence in Charlottesville:
Some people infer that if you're saying antifa is responsible for being asshats, that you're excusing the other side (who might be real nazi's, or just imagined ones). But that's not how the world works. I can think two groups of fascists fighting are both fascists, and be against them both. e.g. just because I think the Crips started a gangland war, doesn't mean I think the Bloods are innocent or good guys.
This is a pedantic look at antifa, and pretty good article, but not the complete story as it omits that they've been organizing BLM and others to come to their event. And there's many other groups that associate with Antifa -- so looking at the history of one of the groups is like looking at only one chapter of the KKK and ignoring all the others that did things that belonged to other chapters, related organizations, or came to their gatherings without being members. That's part of the story, but not the complete story.
Not sure I like the gloating tone about someone else's misery, but "experience is what you get, when you didn't get what you wanted". She learned through experience -- and the best thing we can do, is share her story to others, to try to help them avoid the pain and suffering that often afflicts the naive and stupid:
The enemy of your enemy, might not be your friend. e.g. just because fascists are bad, doesn't make anti-fascists and thugs any less bad (or their victims, any less worthy of protection under the law):
Left wing feeds the right wing:
Not sure if they're terrorists: