Australian Mass Murders
USA Today) promote the fallacy that since Australia violated everyone's civil liberties and got rid of guns, that the place is a utopia (no more mass murders). Of course we know the basics of their crime/murder rates, versus the states, and what a fallacy that is. (Their crime/murders dropped less than the U.S. over the same time, and they have more guns than ever in that country: just now all most of them are illegal). This article just focuses on Australian Mass murders -- and that things aren't all ice-cream and lollypops in the land of Oz, and those places omitting their murder-by-fire, or many shootings (or omitting that their trends have gotten worse, not better) are propagandists and not news agencies. Below is just a sampling.
- 2017 - Melbourne car attack - 6 dead, 30 injured
- 2017 - Brighton Siege - 2 dead, 3 wounded.
- 2016 - Port Lincoln shooting - 3 dead
- 2016 - Syndney - 4 shot, 2 dead, with illegal AK-47
- 2016 - Bankstown Shooting - 1 dead, 3 shot
- 2016 - Westfield Hornsby - in response to crazed knife wielder, police shoot 3 innocent bystanders: that qualifies as a mass shooting in the U.S.
- 2015 - Biddleston shooting - 3 shot dead
- 2014 - Cairns child killings - 8 children aged 18 months to 15 years were stabbed to death by Raina Mersane Ina Thaiday.
- 2014 - Wedderburn Shooting - 3 dead
- 2014 - Sydney Siege - 3 dead when Haron Monis, held 28 people hostage (with a gun) for 16 hours. He'd killed one of the hostages, the police killed him and another hostage (by mistake)
- 2014 - Hunt Murders - Geoff Hunt shot and killed 5 people (his 3 kids and wife), including himself.
- 2014 - Rozelle fire murders - 3 dead, 2 injured to arson
- 2011 - Quakers Hill Nursing Home Fire - 11 dead when Roger Kingsley Dean (a nurse) locked the doors and lit a fire that killed 11 people.
- 2011 - Hectorville - Donato Anthony Corbo killed 3 and wounded 3 others in a shooting spree.
- 2010 - Roxburgh Park murder - 4 shot dead in another Australian famlicide.
- 2010 - Melbourne Gangland Killings - 36 dead over 12 years, in many shootings (many attributed to Carl Williams).
- 2009 - Lin Murders - Lian Bin "Robert" Xie bludgeoned the 5 of the Lin family to death with a hammer, disfiguring them so bad, they were hard to identify. He was their uncle.
- 2009 - Churchill Fire - Brendan Sokaluk killed 10 people with arson, during the Black Saturday bushfires period. The larger fires killed 173, many of which were started by arson. Other studies showed that murder-by-arson was up at least 44% since banning guns.
- 2007 - Melbourne CBD shootings - 3 shot (1 died).
- 2003 - Greenacre shooting - 3 shooters fired 100 rounds with automatic weapons into a bungalow and killed 2 people.
- 2002 - cabramatta wedding shooting - 7 shot
- 2002 - Monash University Shooting - Huan Yun "Allen" Xiang killed 2, wounded 5, while on a University shooting spree. He had 6 loaded guns, so he never had to reload.
- 2001 - Childers Place Hostile Fire - Robert Long killed 15 backpackers by lighting their Hostel on fire.
- 1999 - Wright St Bikie Murders - 3 dead in biker gang shooting (Hells Angels versus Rebels. All 3 dead were rebels).
- 1997 - Tasmanian Devil - Peter Shoobridge killed 5 people: slit his 4 daughters throats, and shot himself.
- 1986 - Russell Street Bombing - this was before the gun ban, which of course would have done nothing to stop the 1 dead and 23 wounded.
- 1983 - Douglas Crabbe - drove his truck into a crowd, killing 5 and seriously injuring 16.
Hey Climate, you're doing it wrong. The truth is that it's more a consequence of Gun Control (crime control) and poor land management. more...