This is the channel that keeps " The View" after driving off the one conservative (Elizabeth Hasselbeck) amongst the 4 other catty liberal shrews, because "they were worried she was too Christian/Conservative for their audience". E.g. they were worried about the balance and likability she might bring to the show. Ratings plummeted on The View, while Hasselbeck grew the FoxNews Channel ratings (she went to immediately afterwards) by 9%. Yeah, Elizabeth was the problem.
Last Man Standing
Tim Allen was loved, they didn't appear to be getting many complaints. The show had good ratings in its time slot, the replacements fell on their face. So why would they cancel a show that wasn't costing them a ton, and getting great viewers: and more importantly, a different segment than most other shows. A competent organization could fill those advertising slots all day long.
Good wholesome cooking show, with good ratings and loyal followers: cancelled. They didn't insult people like 4 abrasive hags with low rating at The View.
Rosanne got a chance to do a revisit of her show, and it was beyond a smashing success: highest rated show in history. Turns out the show mocked both sides, and was unapologetic about both and was loved by Americans. But that kind of tolerance is conservative (not liberal), so the Liberals at ABC were looking for an excuse to kill it, like Last Man Standing. And Rosanne gave them that chance.
Rosanne was in a heated twitter batter with Valerie Jarret (an evil, ignorant, polemic bitch of a human being), and Rosanne tweeted: "Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj,” (vj = Valerie Jarrett). And of course the ignorant far-left all screamed in unison: racism. I never realized that Jarrett was part black -- she's more Iranian, French and others. And Rosanne said, "Muslims r NOT a race." <- she was attacking the Muslimist views of Jarrett -- not any racial ones. But that kind of nuanced thinking is beyond most lefties, and certainly the far-lefties at ABC.
So despite Rosanne clarifying, apologizing, cancelling her twitter her account, the wonks at cancelled her show, because the entire cast should suffer for Rosanne and the American public not being as politically correct as the producers at ABC. (Nor are they dimwitted virtue signalers either).
This is the network that hosts the View, which regularly insults and denigrates conservatives, and throws racist/sexist claims against all whites or males (there seem to be no red lines there). But what's really important? Moral consistency or showing the evil conservatives whose the boss? ABC responded power matters more that truth or contrition. The other thing is the ignorant trolls that call this racism, don't know what racism is. It isn't insulting an individual you don't like, even if it was a racist slur (and there's some ambiguity that this was) -- it is saying something can never be a reasonable human because of their race. As Rosanne mentioned, this was meant as a jab at her Islamic sympathies, not at her skin color. But alas, that kind of common sense is beyond the smartest minds in Hollywood.
FakeNews (Junk News or yellow journalism) is when legitimate stories or facts are suppressed, journalistic standards aren't adhered to, half truths are told, or a narrative spun to where the story becomes misleading or false. Think: manufactured crises, hoaxes, clickbait (sensational teasers/headlines with buried facts), bias or selective fact-checking, anonymous or paid sources, minor stories obscuring more significant news, delaying or ignoring newsworthy events, are all forms of FakeNews. Most retractions or corrections are evidence of shoddy standards and/or editorial bias creating FakeNews. Here's a few of ABC News's greatest hits:
- Pizza man - There's a few examples of the media referring to Herman Cain as "Pizza Man". He got an MS in Computer Science, worked at Pillsbury, managing 400 Burger King's, where he did so well they promoted him to CEO of a restaurant chain (Godfather's Pizza: 1986-1996). He was also chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City: 1989-1991 and 1995-1996, with Deputy Chair from 1992-1994. After that he was CEO of the National Restaurant Association (1996-1999). He was on the board of directors for: Aquila, Nabisco, Whirlpool, Reader's Digest, and AGCO. He won the Horatio Alger Award, and got honorary degrees from Creighton, Johnson & Wales, Morehouse, U of Nebraska, NYC College of Technology, Purdue, Suffolk, and Tougaloo. But sure, “Pizza Man” sounds like a credible unbiased News summary of his accomplishments.
- Medicare-for-all popularity - FakeNews, "Medicare-for-all is popular", even in red states. RealNews: Medicare-for-all is popular amongst the uninformed. Support drops below 37 percent (58% opposed) if survey takers are told that the bill would eliminate private insurance companies. Instead of informing viewers/readers of that fact, or what it would mean, FakeNews outlets love to popularize that Medicare-for-all myth. That's not news, it's propaganda.
- 2019.03.20 FOIA Requests - Biased News is Fake News, as is having different standards based on party. So a real Journalist (Brent Scher at Free Beacon), just did a simple thing: compared FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) requests to the EPA to see how many times media outlets fact checked or investigated Obama versus Trump. NYT did 4x as many request in Trump's first year, as Obama's entire last term. WaPo: went from 1 request for Obama's last term to 43 in Trump's first 2 years. Politico: 15 to 198. CNN 25 to 47. Buzzfeed: 18 to 38. ABC: 4 to 32. This is evidence of a double-standard that the observant have known about for decades.
- 2019.03.08 AOC Campaign Finance Scandal - 👮 Ocasio-Cortez and Saikat Chakrabarti (Chief of staff, former campaign chair), appear to have obtained majority control of Justice Democrats PAC in December 2017, raised more than $1.8M (and was responsible for her win), and illegally diverted more than $1M of those funds. If AOC and Chakrabarti withheld their control of that organization from the FEC to divert funds around campaign limits, they could face jail time. Either way, this is the Dark Money that AOC ran on curtailing. All the FakeNews misrepresented or omitted context on what happened: CNN, ABC, NBC, WaPo, BI, MarketWatch and Snopes.
- 2018.06.29 Democratic Socialist - ABC's the View gave Crazy-eyes Cortez the softest of softball interviews, that asked her things like what's the difference between Democrats, Socialism and Democratic Socialism. You'd think this would be easy since she claims she's a Democratic Socialist (just like Hitler and Mussolini), but she couldn't answer. A: It's the same as the difference between a gang rape, and a Democrat gang rape -- in the latter they vote to rape you first.
- 2018.06.19 Space Force - In response to China's increased militarization of space, and Russia creating a Space Force, Donald Trump announced that he wanted to split the Air Force Space efforts into a separate agency. The Democrats and their media attacked the idea, because Orange Man Bad! ABC news spun it as racist because he used the phrase it would be a "separate but equal" agency to the Air Force (so they talked about civil rights and Plessy v. Ferguson). MSNBC and other outlets just mocked the idea and omitted context and balance in the discussion. The real news was suppressed: whether this was a good response to our frenemies actions or not.
- 2018.05 Cagegate - This FakeNews fiasco was the fallacy that Trump's new immigration policy was breaking up families and putting kids in cages. The omitted reality was criminals (border jumpers) have always had the kids separated from the adults, as you aren't sure who are parents, and detaining both in the same place risks harm to children. The media even used faked propaganda images from Obama era to sell it.
- 2017.12.01 Flynn Fiasco - ABC (Brian Ross) falsely reported that former national security adviser Michael Flynn was prepared to testify that then-candidate Donald Trump ordered him to make contact with the Russians. The stock market dropped a few hundred points immediately, and ABC scapegoated (Suspended) Brian Ross for their failure of quality control.
- 2017.05.25 NATO - Trump criticized NATO (as he has during his campaign) for bearing the brunt of NATO costs (true), and intimidates them into living up to their obligations and coming up with more money. The leftists, their Press and their fact checkers all pretend this is end of days and proof that:
- Demanding more defense spending (against Russia) makes him a puppet of Russia.
- That him claiming the U.S. pays 70-90% of NATO is a lie. It's true... depending on what you mean.
- He "shoved" Montenegro Prime Minister.
- That he's alienating our allies and going to break up NATO.
- A year+ later, the head of NATO admits that his tough talk got NATO contributions up by over $100B, and it is stronger than ever, thanks to Trump.
- 2016.11.15 Six Communists arrested for assaulting Trump supporters - The "peaceful" protestors (according to FakeNews) and members of Red Guards Austin, were arrested for felony aggravated assault on Trump supporters while wearing masks, also resisting and evading arrest.
- 2016.11.01 Greenville, Mississippi black church fire - Right before the election, a Greenville, Mississippi church (Hopewell Missionary Baptist Church) was set on fire and spray painted with the words “Vote Trump”, by Andrew McClinton. Of course all the leftist FakeNews outlets (Atlantic, NYT, CNN, SPLC) ran sensational headlines about how bad Trump and his white supremacist supporters were to foster such hate. Only it came out later that it was done by one of the churches black congregants, who hated Trump and it was a false flag effort. Many quietly updated their story, or ran a retraction a month after the damage had been done. SPLC left it on their hate map to mislead the public about how bad the problem is.
- 2016.03.10 B & L Landscape Company (Florida) - After worker (Ezequiel Soriano Lopez) shot his boss (Andrew William Little) of B & L landscape (Jacksonville, FL), a 3rd employee (Joseph Curry) drew his gun and stopped the rampage from going further, and prevented Lopez from leaving until the police arrived. Most media (and ABC) omits key context.
- 1978.06 Pinto Fraud - The Pinto never had a worse fire/fatality record that similar sized car, but ABC's 20/20 didn't offer that context, and instead used a film that had an incendiary device show that if a Ford Sedan was rear-ended at 55 MPH, it could blow up. This sensational FakeNews convinced people for generations that Pinto's were unsafe.
- ABC Bryan Ross reported Michael Flynn was going to testify that he was ordered to contact Russian Officials while he was running for office. (Ross got suspended, and is not