Good guys with guns
The news never likes to talk about GGWG's (Good Guys with Guns), and the many, many more cases, where responsible adults save lives, using guns. This is just a small sampling of the millions of DGU's (Defensive Gun Uses) that happen each year.
Examples: 25 items
- Jared Lee Loughner - FakeNews Media (CNN, NYT, etc.) and the Democrats blamed Republicans (Sarah Palin) for a political ad with crosshairs target the district, for the shooting. Something Democrats had run multiple times as well. It came out that Loughner had never seen the ad, oh and he was a fan of Karl Marx, conspiracy theories, and far left political views. Also a known drug and alcohol abuser, sent letter threatening to assassinate Gifford. Stopped by Joseph Zamudio a CCW holder. For years, the media continued to blame Republicans/Sarah Palin after admitting the facts in other places. Palin sued NYT, but lost because NYT successfully used incompetence as a defense. (Their own editors and fact checkers couldn't be expected to read their own paper and know the facts).
- 2019.03.14 Christchurch Shooting - 🇳🇿Christchurch, New Zealand: a left wing eco-nationalist (who hates Capitalism, Conservatism, and is Chinese Communist sympathizer) shot-up a couple mosques because immigrants were over-populating the planet and causing Global Warming. Because the shooter said he didn't like Donald Trump's politics or leadership, the media said he was a right wing Trump supporter. He had illegally modified guns, used guns instead of more effective bombs because he said that would turn the left into his tools in dividing nations like the U.S. over gun-control, and he was stopped/slowed at the second mosque because a good guy was able to get a gun and scare him off. (It was one the shooter had dropped). So the media does his bidding, calls for division and gun control, and ignores the role that a good-guy with a gun had in reducing the carnage. NZ threatens to punish anyone that makes the info about his true motives available.
- 2019.02.20 Granny's got a gun - 79-year-old woman fends off intruder by firing 2 shots inside her Georgia home, 911 call reveals.
- 2019.02.04 Registered Sex Offender shot breaking in - Homeowner in Elizabeth City, North Carolina woke up to find a stranger (Tyrell Johnson) coming into the home through the locked back door, so he shot him. Twice. Johnson is a registered sex offender that had been convicted of manslaughter.
- 2019.01.29 Family Dollar (Dekalb, Georgia) - Bad guy pulls gun on Family Dollar store clerk. CCW carrier pulls his own, and shoots the criminal, multiple times.
- 2019.01.19 Texan stops 5 - Texas man with AK fights off 5 home invaders with rifles: killing 3!
- 2018.05.11 Worcester man stops armed robbery - Good Samaritan and GF are driving when they see Jeremy Cintron holding a gun on his robbery victim. Good sam was a CCW holder, stop, draws, and the Cintron was arrested.
- 2017.11.25 Schlenker Automotive (Florida) - Robert Lorenzo Bailey walked into Autoshop and started shooting people (killing one, wounding another), when the manager (a CCW holder) shot back with his own pistol, hitting the shooter twice and stopping the rampage.
- 2017.11.10 Hero Dad stops kidnapper - Four teens attempted to rob a local family and kidnap the daughter, but Dad opened fire, and they were all arrested.
- 2017.11.05 Sutherland, Texas Church Massacre - Devin P. Kelley shot 46 people in a Sutherland church, until Stephen Willeford shot him with his AR-15 and Kelly fled. Ultimately, crashing into a tree, and dying.
- 2017.09.25 Caleb Engle stops Church Shooting - A masked shooter entered the Nashville church and opened fire, 22-year-old Caleb Engle was a CCW holder, and when confronted the shooter shot himself in the face.
- 2017.09.24 Burnett Chapel (Tennessee) - Skimask wearing shooter (Emanuel Kidega Samson), bursts into a church and shoots 7 people (1 died), before the usher (Robert "Caleb" Engle) subdued him with his personal weapon.
- 2017.05.04 Zona Caliente Shooting - James Jones walks into a bar (Zona Caliente Sports Bar) heavily armed, shoots one employee (Cesar Perez), and a customer with a CCW draws and ends Jones's shooting spree.
- 2016.06.26 CCW Stops Mass Shooting in South Carolina Nightclub - Jody Ray Thompson opened fire and shot 3 victims outside a South Carolina Playoffz nightclub, before a 4th patron shot back, and hit and stopped the shooting spree.
- 2016.03.10 B & L Landscape Company (Florida) - After worker (Ezequiel Soriano Lopez) shot his boss (Andrew William Little) of B & L landscape (Jacksonville, FL), a 3rd employee (Joseph Curry) drew his gun and stopped the rampage from going further, and prevented Lopez from leaving until the police arrived. Most media (and ABC) omits key context.
- 2016.02.10 Hamilton, Alabama - Jimmy Cooper (mentally disturbed individual) shot two people, but was stopped by an anonymous armed civilian shot at and distract Cooper. His role was downplayed by the media, but appears to be a critical factor in reducing loss of life.
- 2015.06.01 Conyers, Georgia (Bottle Shop) - Mass Shooter (Jeffrey Pitts) opens fire with assault style rifle, kills two, until open-carry bystander (Todd Scott) shoots back. Pitts flees, shoots his parents and gets killed by cops. Police called Scott a hero that saved lives.
- 2015.05.08 Los Altos Skate Park (Albuquerque) - 17 year old Jaquise Lewis killed one, injured 6, when a bystander shot him in self defense. It was a bit of a clusterfuck as many people were shot (and multiple people shot back). But in the end, the person that shot first was stopped by someone with a gun. (Which is better than the alternative).
- 2015.04.20 Chicago Uber Driver - Everardo Custodio began shooting into a crowd in Logan Square, Chicago -- when an uber driver with a CCW pulled his gun and dropped Everardo.
- 2015.03.22 Falah Barbershop shooting - 40 year old guy gets into altercation, pulls gun, opens fire. Passerby with CCW, runs in, and shoots the shooter dead, then runs away. (Later surrendered and was let go on self-defense).
- 2014.09.26 Muslim beheads woman, stabs another, and gets shot - Alton Nolan (Muslim) entered Vaughan Foods (Oklahoma City) and stabbed Traci Johnson after beheading Colleen Hufford, when Mark Vaughan shot him.
- 2014.06.25 Doctor shoots armed patient in Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital - Richard Plotts shot his caseworker (dead), and wounded Dr. Silverman, who pulled his own a gun (in a gun free zone) and shot Plotts 3 times (survived). Plotts had 30 more rounds in his pocket, and was a likely rampage killer. Silverman was not punished for having a gun against Hospital policy, but the Press disapproved of his actions.
- 2012.08.15 Family Research Council Shooting - 🇺🇲 Washington, DC: Floyd Lee Corkins was a gay activist who was triggered by the SPLC list of hate groups. So he went to the one: the near-by Family Research Council. He took a handgun, two extra magazines of ammo, and sandwiches from Chick-fil-A to smear in the faces of his victims and opened fire at the local FRC office: fortunately he only hit one security guard who disarmed and apprehended him. If a conservative had done that after a sermon at a church or based on anything a conservative group said, that group would be listed as a domestic terrorist organization by SPLC, and the media would trash that organization. Since it was the SPLC, the story was buried and the tone was, "you can't use a fanatic to misrepresent a whole cause", a standard never applied to the right.
- 1946.08.01 Battle of Athens - A particularly ignorant anti-2A argument goes, "the military has tanks and nukes, what do you think you would do against that?" It's moronic on several levels, as armed rebellion is rare, but the military often defects as well. But if they had a clue and remembered things like the Civil War, or various rebellions to change policies (even civil rights was a bit of a rebellion). Most of all was an example of when armed rebellion by civilians has been used in America as recently as 1946 and the Battle of Athens, to overthrow a corrupt local government (Democrat E. H. Crump's political machine). Which is why Democrats want gun-control so badly, so that people can't rise up against their tyranny.
- 1915.03.06 Brunswick, Ga - To show this is nothing new. Monroe Phillips killed 5-7 and wounded 20-32 (Newspaper accounts vary widely) with a shotgun before a local man grabbed a gun from a local hardware store and shot Monroe dead, ending the spree.
Not only are there lots of Good guys with guns (many more than I listed here), but there is the subcategory of good guys with guns that stopped mass shootings:
Here are dozens of examples of Mass shootings stopped by armed civilians. Those claiming that civilians don’t stop school shootings are either either ignorant, liars, or both. So if you hear or read that claim, you can immediately consider the source discredited by their own dishonesty, bias or incompetence. 16 items