Communism is just Revolutionary or Radical Socialism. Fascism is just Socialism with indirect control over the means of production. (E.g. businesses are proxies for the party, as long as they remain compliant). There's a bunch of debate about irrelevant nuances between Communism versus Socialism -- but the major ideas, and outcome is the same. (By using businesses as proxy for the state, there's a little bit more variances in fascism). Communism and Fascism seem more likely to coalesce around a single central authority figure (Leader) to enforce equality and Socialistic policies.
- Philosophy: From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs
- Structure: Economic planning through a command economy (top down rule) -- with the illusions of voting. But votes are manipulated though information and education. Re-education required for those that don't follow hard enough. (Education is compulsory and controlled by the state). Socialism allows a bit more decentralization (for small stuff), but over time, more will be consumed by central authority.
- Politics: Dictatorship of the "proletariat" - one party rule. They can have many factions within the party, but they will kill, expel or re-educate non-conformists
- Property: collective ownership, common ownership of the means of production, no private property, redistribute wealth.
- Equality: forced sameness for non politicos so upper/lower classes are no longer divided by accomplishments/wealth, but by political versus proles instead. Gender equality (through force)
- People: Karl Marx, Friedrich Engels, Peter Kropotkin, Rosa Luxemburg, Vladimir Lenin, Emma Goldman, Leon Trotsky, Joseph Stalin, Ho Chi Minh, Mao Zedong, Josip Broz Tito, Enver Hoxha, Che Guevara, Fidel Castro, Mikhail Bukinin
- Religion: The state above the individual - other religion is usually abolished. (Socialists a little more tolerant)
- Literature: The Communist Manifesto, “Das Kapital”,The Jungle, Capital (Vol I: A Critical Analysis of Capitalist Production), the Grapes of Wrath.
Socialism has been the most tried, and most failed government system, next to it's older brother (Tyranny). There have been many, many communes (cults, utopias). Some were small (like Zoar, Ohio), others were large (USSR, China, Nazi Germany, etc). Virtually all of them ended poorly. more...