Feinstein at a press conference photo is infamous in Gun-Advocate circles. Dimwit Diane was doing something that everyone who has any training on a gun, knows is bad, "Never put your finger on the trigger until you're ready to shoot". If she had no training, then how did she get her Conceal and Carry permit?
You see this in Hollywood movies, and by people that have never used guns in real life (or have poor training or a lack of respect for those around them) -- they put their finger on the triggers. So Diane is blathering about how dangerous guns are, while behaving without callous disregard for those around her, and failing to follow the first rule of gun safety ("Trigger Discipline"). And if you know her background (about getting a Conceal and carry permit, while being an opponent of them for everyone else), it just makes it worse.
During a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on gun control, basically claiming her proposed semi-automatic weapons ban would finally make it illegal to hunt people. I think I know what she was trying to say, but that was a polemics lie that was even worse. So she's not just an insulting liar, but she's to dumb to do that right.
Feinstein was arguing with Ted Cruz and she got destroyed:
Cruz asked, "would she consider it constitutional for Congress to specify that the First Amendment shall apply only to the following books and shall not apply to the books that Congress has deemed outside the protection of the Bill of Rights?"
She went off tantrumed back:
- that he was being condescending, and while she wasn't a lawyer she'd been on this committee for 20 years - that didn't answer the question, and she was still wrong on the point.
- She said, "I've seen the bullets that implode" - physics don't allow them to do that
- She said, "youngsters were dismembered" (at Sandyhook) - they were not, and a AR-15 is not capable of doing that
- She says. "weapons of war," (fully automatics) - but those have been illegal since the 1930's
- She used fallacies like "Bazookas" - no one was discussing those
- She ranted on about what the Heller decision meant.
- Her followers and the media all cheered her on saying she really told Cruz off...only what she and her followers forgot was Ted Cruz, is not only a Lawyer, and a Constitutional Lawyer (unlike her), but he was the one that drafted the Amicus Brief that was used to argue in the Heller decision, that his argument won.
There's two views to that exchange, the ignorant folks that thought her visceral emotional rant carried the day. And the logical and informed folks that saw Cruz's point go unanswered, and an outclassed dimwit argue with a constitutional lawyer and the author of the very ruling she was trying to tell him supported her view, while he was patiently trying to explain that it most definitely did not.
During 1994 Feinstein authored the Clinton-Era Assault Weapons Ban and claimed it didn't go far enough in restricting firearms:
Feinstein explaining how when she dealt with threats on her life, how she was scared so she got a concealed permit and she carried all the time because she was going to shoot them before they shot her. But she wants to make sure we never have that same sense of security. 
Hypocrisy on Immigration
She's old-school nasty hyper-partisan far-lefty, that reduces the quality of any place she visits. And those are her best qualities.
- Arguing with Cruz about guns: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzb9Hs2SmfQ
- Conceal and Carry:
- Immigration: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/06/22/wilcox-feinsteins-2014-memo-shows-trump-save-central-america/