There's a subcategory of Fake Hate, and Fake Crimes that's Fake Rape. The left likes to spread lies (myths) and then use as an excuse for more government or oppression of the white male patriarchy. Like their fantastical claims that we have a "rape culture", that sexual assault is everywhere (especially on campus) with exaggerated claims, and that Women never use their sexuality to get ahead, have regrets and/or lie about being sexually assaulted or raped. While facts show that fake sexual accusations happens between 2-10% of the time (from multiple studies), which is actually about 5x more common than other crimes that are faked. The reason is pretty obvious, it's an easy crime to claim, and a hard crime to disprove, and it garners more attention and sympathy. You get what you incentivize, and this has great pity rewards. This is magnified in high profile cases.
| Rape Culture
|We have a rape culture, with 1 in 5 women raped in college, then the system rapes the victim again! Women deserve to always be believed: they never lie, or have political agendas. Men deserve to have their lives ruined without evidence. Two drunk people having sex, means the man is guilty, since neither was sober enough to consent.||One rape is too many, but the actual number of all sexual assaults in the general population (or rape in college) is about 0.14% (or 1/150th as large as claimed). About 2-10% of all rapes are later classified as false accusations (5x the norm for false crimes). The media loves to sensationalize these salacious stories, and colleges have a guilty-until-proven-innocent attitude, as evidenced Duke Lacrosse and other cases. And you get what you incentivize: and right now, Women are rewarded with intersectional victimhood status for making these claims (true or not).|
Here's some high profile examples: 8 items
- Munro-Leighton - One of Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh’s Fake Rape accusers (a left-wing activist Ms. Munro-Leighton) admitted that she made up her lurid tale of a backseat car rape, admitting it “was a tactic” to try to derail the judge’s confirmation to the Supreme Court. Of course the left denies this ever happens, despite evidence to the contrary. The Democrats and the media have remained mostly silent on this, probably because it makes them look bad for facilitating it in the first place.
- Julie Swetnick Rape Train - A Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh’s Fake Rape accuser (a left-wing activist named Julie Swetnick, with a history of false allegations) claimed that Brett and buddies had rape train parties that she and others repeatedly frequented. It was an absurd allegation that only the absurd Democrats would entertain. Her witnesses contradicted her. Her scummy lawyer (Avenatti) was put up on embezzlement charges. Of course remember, according to the left, Fake Rape charges never happen and all women should be believed.
- E. Jean Carroll Rape - An Elle advice columnist (E. Jean Carroll) wrote a book, and decided to include tales of how in the mid 90's, President Trump raped her in a high end department store (Bergdorf Goodman) lingerie dressing room. However: (a) she's a non-credible witness (b) she claims he didn't rape her (c) she's got an absurd story full of incongruities (d) she'd fantasized about the same thing, in the same place, in print, a few years before the incident (e) suspicious timing and ulterior motives (f) she claims to have evidence (a soiled dress) but doesn't want an investigation or to press charges (g) Bergdorf Goodman claims they have no video evidence supporting her claims. This whole things smells funkier than the summer dumpster behind the fish market.
- Christine Cromer - In 2017 a woman (Christine Cromer, 38) was following on with the leftist mobs #metoo movement, and falsely accused two State Police troopers of rape. Fortunately, our justice system isn't always a bunch of leftist snowflakes who believe every woman should be believed, and she was convicted of the false allegation. Her defense? Everyone else was doing it. Of course she didn't serve the full 23 months, after trying to ruin two officers lives.
- 2006 Duke Lacrosse case - 💩Three men at Duke University (on the lacrosse team) were falsely accused of rape, while the media led Lynch-mob called for their heads (and claimed it was part of a systemic campus rape problem), the school suspended them and cancelled the season. It later turned out that the stripper/escort (Crystal Gail Mangum) had made the whole thing up.
- 1987.11.28 Tawana Brawley - A 15yo girl, who had been missing for four days from her home in Wappingers Falls, New York, was found seemingly unconscious and unresponsive in a garbage bag, with her clothing torn and body smeared with feces. She was taken to the emergency room, where the words "KKK", "nigger", and "bitch" were discovered written on her torso with charcoal. In a dazed police interview, she indicated she had been raped repeatedly in a wooded area by six white men, at least one of whom, she said, was a police officer. (All triggers for the black community). Al Sharpton and other black "leaders/press" got involved and claimed that the KKK, Mafia and U.S. Government were colluding to hide evidence and the media of not caring because "racism". Forensic tests found no evidence that a sexual assault, or exposure to elements (in a place with sub freezing temperatures at night), the words had been written upside down (like she did it herself), her Mom evaded subpoena to avoid testifying, the feces was from her neighbors dog, and a witness claimed to have observed Brawley's climbing into the garbage bag herself. Her Mom (Glenda Brawley) and her abusive Step-Dad (Ralph King) were overhead on multiple occasions admitting it was all a hoax and arguing about the money. And her Boyfriend (Daryl Rodriguez) published claims that she made it up to avoid the wrath of the step-Dad (a year or so later). Brawley named a New York prosecutor as one of the men, he sued her and her three advisers for defamation, and won. Yet it is still a case of strong division between those that believe everything is racism (and the implausible), versus those that believe the evidence and most likely explanation.
The point of this is not to claim that sexual harassment, assault or rape never happens. Of course it does, and we should take it seriously. But to take it seriously, you have to be honest about the real problems and complexities. Yes, society often unfairly discounts Women as being over-dramatic, "asking for it", and making shit up... because infrequently they do. But BOTH are wrong: ignoring/discouting real claims, and not accepting that there are fake claims (and starting witch hunts without evidence).
The same way there are different kinds of rape. Violent assault and imprisonment with a sexual component, versus drunk sex -- and conflating the two doesn't empower the latter, it weakens the former. A guy and a girl get drunk, and have sex. He was as impaired, or more so, that she was... and they have sex, and she has any regrets, she gets to make claims that ruins his life? You never hear the "feminists" claiming that she should be charged with rape for taking advantage of him while he was impaired: and that's what sexual parity/fairness would look like. Both sides made stupid decisions, but only one side wins stupid prizes? That's not what real Social Justice would look like: but the SJW's aren't out for social justice, they're out to invert power bases. I don't want to see injustice served to either side, to make up for anything.