Feinstein on Guns
- A famous picture at a press conference, breaking the first rule of gun safety, "Never put your finger on the trigger, until you're ready to shoot". This became a mockery for 20 years of what not to do. Many other famous Democrats have followed in her footsteps with guns as props, doing the same stupid thing.
- This wouldn't be so bad except Madam Hypocrite got herself a Conceal and Carry permit (the required training tells you never to put your finger on the trigger), so she was supposed to know better. She's a hypocrite because she's advocated to block Conceal and Carry for everyone else, but answered that politicians and celebrities are special, so should be exceptions to the law. (They're more important).
- During a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on gun control, she claimed her proposed semi-automatic weapons ban would finally make it illegal to hunt people. (As if it wasn't already).
- Ted Cruz asked her a loaded question about whether her contemptuous arguments agains the 2nd Amendment also applied to the First, and she had a hissy fit and ranted about what she knew about guns (and made a half dozen lies/errors about guns), then lectured Ted Cruz on the Heller ruling and the Constitution. Ted Cruz, is not only a Constitutional Lawyer (unlike her), but he was the one that drafted the Amicus Brief that was used to argue and win the Heller decision she was erroneously lecturing him on. Since her base doesn't know much, it didn't cost her much with her voters -- but anyone with a clue groaned and laughed at her ignorance.
- During 1994 Feinstein authored the Clinton-Era Assault Weapons Ban and claimed it didn't go far enough in restricting firearms, "If I could have banned them all -- 'Mr. and Mrs. America turn in your guns' -- I would have!" -- then she argues that, "nobody wants to take your guns, we just want REASONABLE gun-control". And wonders why people don't trust her?
| Diane During a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on gun control - The claimed her proposed semi-automatic weapons ban would finally make it illegal to hunt people. I think I know what she was trying to say, but that was a polemics lie that was even worse. So she's not just an insulting liar, but she's to dumb to do that right.
At a press conference photo is infamous in Gun-Advocate circles. Dimwit Diane was doing something that everyone who has any training on a gun, knows is bad, "Never put your finger on the trigger until you're ready to shoot".
You see this in Hollywood movies, and by people that have never used guns in real life (or have poor training or a lack of respect for those around them) -- they put their finger on the triggers. So Diane is blathering about how dangerous guns are, while behaving without callous disregard for those around her, and failing to follow the first rule of gun safety ("Trigger Discipline"). And if you know her background (about getting a Conceal and carry permit, while being an opponent of them for everyone else), it just makes it worse. If she had no training, then how did she get her Conceal and Carry permit?
Feinstein was arguing with Ted Cruz and she got destroyed:
Cruz asked, "would she consider it constitutional for Congress to specify that the First Amendment shall apply only to the following books and shall not apply to the books that Congress has deemed outside the protection of the Bill of Rights?"
She went off tantrumed back:
There's two views to that exchange, the ignorant folks that thought her visceral emotional rant carried the day. And the logical and informed folks that saw Cruz's point go unanswered, and an outclassed dimwit argue with a constitutional lawyer and the author of the very ruling she was trying to tell him supported her view, while he was patiently trying to explain that it most definitely did not.
During 1994 Feinstein authored the Clinton-Era Assault Weapons Ban and claimed it didn't go far enough in restricting firearms:
"If I could have banned them all -- 'Mr. and Mrs. America turn in your guns' -- I would have!"
Feinstein explained how when she dealt with threats on her life, how she was scared so she got a concealed permit and she carried all the time because she was going to shoot them before they shot her. But she wants to make sure we never have that same sense of security.