|2019.03.04 Google's pay-discrimination, against men - Google investigates pay equality, and finds it is underpaying men. (Kinda like James Damore warned about).
|Apple and the Google/Facebook fight - The short version is that Apple Enterprise agreement allows you to install apps directly (without using the store or the store rules), but the requirements are that this is only for internal employees (and can not be used to install on other users machines). As I setup the policy and some enforcement for my company, I'm 100% aware of this and warned internal employees extensively to NOT use this program license to subvert Apple's normal developer or beta program (TestFlight). (Don't side load customers like FB and Google were doing). Facebook and Google both broke those rules, willfully, and had their hand slapped (Apple turned their certificate off) as a warning: breaking all their corporate iOS Apps.
|Break up Google? - |
|Google & Russia - Google made a deal with Russia to manipulate search results in Russia. (aka delete links to banned sites).
|Google Bias - |
|Google Censorship - |
|Google Cult - |
Sloganeering and their own "in" lingo, hiring and work practices that they thought skimmed the very best, was actually a filter against intellectual diversity, and seems more in home in Jonestown, Guyana than in Silicon Valley. Even their unofficial motto, "Don't be Evil", begs the question, "what is Evil?" -- and to them it was a college marxists view of the world to hate everything they were going to become. So in order to be a good employee you had to put your corporations evolving ethics above your own, or you left (or were driven out). And the stock growth was enough to keep most people in place, becoming more evil, while seeing everyone that disagreed with them as outsiders (and thus Evil). They became their parents.
|Google History - |
|Google Privacy - |
|Google Project Maven - |
|Google Sexual Harassment - |
|Google TGIF video - |
To put the cherry on top, we find out that the NYT had this video since March, but squashed the story like it was a Harvey Weinstein or John Edwards scandal. The New York Times, all the news that's fit to suppress.
|Google and China - |
Look, Google can do what they want and admit the all-mighty dollar (or Yuan) outweighs ethical concerns, just don't pretend you follow the, "Do No Evil" credo, and whine about lesser evils like Trump, after helping to facilitate what has been one of the most murderous and oppressive regimes in History. Just pick one standard.
|James Damore - |
|Nestgate - 🎤 Google (Nest Division) sort of fucked up -- they had microphones in their Nest line of security products, and didn't really tell people (or call it out). Some people were creeped out by having a microphone in their bedrooms, etc., and Google not being clear about it (keeping it "secret"). Worst of all is that there is one in the Smoke Detectors, that wasn't completely disclosed. Failure to communicate.
|The Creepy Line - This is a documentary on how Facebook and Google turn your data into their profit, and manipulate you in the process. It was a bit sensational in parts, but did a worthy job in letting people know who and why their data was captured, and what they did to manipulate you. Generally, it was liked by viewers -- but far lefties didn't like that it attacked leftist icons, or showed how these organizations colluded with the Hillary (and Obama) campaigns to rig elections.
|Unplanned (2019) - Gosnell last year and Unlplanned this year are probably the most important movies of the year, not because I agree with everything in them (I'm pro-choice), or they're the best production (they aren't), but they tell powerful, mostly true stories that the rich, powerful and intolerant want to suppress. And if you hate bullies, you want to see the little guy succeed, even if you're not 100% in agreement with their message. That and it's a pretty good story, and I want to see the best arguments the other side can make to challenge myself/my beliefs -- so whichever side you're on, you should see it to be informed. But of course, that view is not for everyone.
|YouTube - |
Every company has a right to decide who they support or not. But the problem is Google/YouTube PRETENDS to be an open platform (and community service). Yet, they're not doing what they advertise. If they openly admitted in their policies that they're a left-of-center advocacy site that will censor center/right positions at will, then at least that would be honest.
Free market icon, Milton Friedman singled out “deception or fraud” as unacceptable free market behavior. In Capitalism and Freedom Friedman clearly said: “there is one and only one social responsibility of business to use its resources and engage in activities designed to increase profits so long as it stays within the rules of the game, which is to say, engages in open and free competition without deception or fraud.”
I'll leave it to the reader to decide whether they think acquiring customers based on one set of rules, then changing the rules after they've already vested in the platform or technologies is fraud or not.
- NYT: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/20/magazine/the-case-against-google.html?mtrref=undefined&gwh=349E36D091359ACE5CDA96B0D80B20DA&gwt=pay
- Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/30/nationalise-google-facebook-amazon-data-monopoly-platform-public-interest
- USAToday: https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2017/08/14/sundar-pichai-decison-to-fire-james-damore-over-google-memo-raises-trust-question-reynolds-column/564400001/
- Boston Globe: http://apps.bostonglobe.com/opinion/graphics/2018/06/break-google/?p1=Article_Trending_Most_Viewed
- Hillary revolving door:
- Climate: https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/09/08/a-method-of-google-search-bias-quantification-and-its-application-in-climate-debate-and-general-political-discourse/
- 400 Links: http://www.govtslaves.com/2017-08-29-bookmark-this-over-400-links-google-doesnt-want-you-to-visit.html
- New America Foundation:
- Google Funding left wing hate groups:
- Steve Yegge: https://email@example.com/why-i-left-google-to-join-grab-86dfffc0be84
- Attacking Epstein:
- Salil Mahta:
- Neo Nazi's:
- Fuck Christians:
- Demonetizing Breitbart: https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/02/13/exclusive-google-employees-are-trying-to-pull-ad-revenue-from-breitbart-news/
- Filter Bubbles:
- Fake News:
- The Selfish Ledger: https://www.theverge.com/2018/5/17/17344250/google-x-selfish-ledger-video-data-privacy
- Privacy Fails:
- More Data than FB: https://www.wsj.com/articles/who-has-more-of-your-personal-data-than-facebook-try-google-1524398401
- Lokman Tsui: https://theintercept.com/2018/08/10/google-censorship-plan-is-not-right-and-stupid-says-former-google-head-of-free-expression/
- Jack Poulson: https://theintercept.com/2018/09/13/google-china-search-engine-employee-resigns/