- They banned what they consider Neo-Nazi sites like Daily Stormer. I think those sites are detestable, but I'd rather them in clear site than working in the dark where I can't see them. And Google's hypocrisy about banishing White Separatists while tolerating Black (BLM, Nation of Islam, Black Panthers), Latino (La Raza, etc), or anti-semitic (BDS, PLO, etc), is dangerously hypocritical and inconsistent. 
- Even their Advertising is biased. They did things like rejected Christian publisher for too religious of ads. . They got caught trying to demonetize Breitbart News from its AdSense platform when Google ad account manager Aidan Wilks was advising another company that advertising on Breitbart may impact their “brand safety.” (how it gets shown).  I'm sorry, I thought you were an ad platform, not a paid for advocacy group that suppresses freedom of expression/religion, or attack conservative websites. If it was an anti-semitic pro-palestine (BDS), or pro-Islam piece, or Marxist propaganda, they would have no problem with it.
- For the first 8 years, Google App Store has virtually no controls on anything, anything goes... unless you support smoking cigarettes or guns. Sergey Brin doesn't like those, so there was a block on Apps that add value in either of those legal areas, but plenty of illegal activities including drugs or smoking pot, prostitution, hooking up, communications or asset transfers which helped criminal enterprises, and so on -- those were helped by Applications that weren't things Sergey cared about. This doesn't make Google good or bad, but it shatters the illusion that they're anything other than a billionaire's plaything: if you're a hard working American in an industry/sector that Google Management doesn't like, they'll screw you over. And if you're a pedophile or human trafficker, they might help you (as long as there's no liability back to them). That's what "Do no Evil" means to them.
- Google is working on things like "Jigsaw", which is way to auto-censor/filter out "toxicity" that they don't like, under the false flag of making us safer (from ideas we don't like). But even left of center folks recognize that the rules being applied equally might not play out well for them (in the face of things like their side's "racism", "impeachment", or "Hitler" Tourettes). . Or Filter Bubbles, where they try to pool up like minded thinkers and filter out things that offend/stretch them and make them grow/mature as humans. 
- Google isn't quite as aggressive with FakeNews management as Facebook is, but they're trying both in filtering their searches and creating their own curated News for Android, not based on intelligence but on artificial intelligence and consensus. It's an impossible task: try to explain satire to a computer algorithm, or to a politically correct snowflake or SJW. Combine that with herd think and filter bubbles, and you're not filtering on FakeNews you're creating doublethink truthspeaking cult that Orwell warned us about. 
Yes, they gave us services like "Free Email" in exchange for them getting to snoop our behaviors and sell those analytics or ads -- but the consumers invested time and money. And you don't get to destroy that value because of some clause in a term that they had no idea they were violating and no idea how to correct. When you think about how many people's lives are impacted by stuff like this, some have their entire livelihoods based on it, these are pretty dramatic disruptions.
When Google said, "Don't do evil", it helps to remember that making people (or their work product/livelihood) disappear, without explaining to them or anyone else why, no appeals, just ruination because some bureaucratic fascist (real or Digital script) deemed they were no longer worthy of existence, that's very progressive. And exactly what evil looks like.
- Salil Mahta:
- Neo Nazi's:
- Fuck Christians:
- Demonetizing Breitbart: https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/02/13/exclusive-google-employees-are-trying-to-pull-ad-revenue-from-breitbart-news/
- Filter Bubbles:
- Fake News:
- Google won't answer questions about what they're doing in some areas of information suppression. While it might not be nefarious, it certainly doesn't look good/open: https://dailycaller.com/2018/12/03/questions-google-conservative-search-results/