Is Trump a racist?
- Racism - ray•se•zem. noun: the belief that ALL members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
- Not-racism: Racism isn't dating, employing and marrying foreigners, or being a loudmouthed douche, it's not insulting an individual because you don't like them (even based on race, or something they said/did): that's just a personal attack. Those might be insensitive, but words have actual meanings. Mexicans aren't a race. Islam is not a race. The border wall or getting tough on illegal immigration isn't racism. It certainly wasn't labelled that when Bill and Hillary were for it. It's not winning awards for racial inclusiveness, hugging and hanging out with celebrities of other races, nor celebrating other races with monuments. So there's actually no real evidence of his Trump's racism, but lots of evidence of the self-deluded bias of his detractors, and the gullibility of their followers who repeat accusations without understanding them..
People that confuse Not-racism for Racism either:
- (a) don't know what they're talking about, and are conforming what they've been mis-educated on (media, school, cliques)
- (b) they know better and are using one of the most vile accusations in American culture to shut down an honest discussion or argument that they're losing
So to me, the false charge of racism shows either the dishonesty, gullibility or bigotry of those making the charge, unless they can back it up with firm and clear examples, that don't fall apart under the slightest scrutiny.
So now that we are reminded what the words actually mean, let's review examples of what the FakeNews and #NeverTrump'ers have called racism:
- Building a wall - of course it depends on the the motives. When FDR started it, or Bill/Hillary Clinton's campaigned on it (calling it a fence), Or Obama demanded better border security, the Democrats didn't call it racism. In order to show it is racism, you'd need to show that Mexicans are a race, and that Trump doesn't like the entire Mexican people. But racists don't usually hire, hug Mexican voters, and celebrate lowering latino unemployment. Anyone who cares, knows that Trump is fine with legal immigrants (though probably less so than I am), just not illegal immigration.
- Cohen v. Trump - while in a lawsuit against a law-firm whose principals maxed out their donations to Hillary Clinton, and paid the Clinton’s hundreds of thousands more in speaking fees, Trump's lawyers proved a point that should have ended the case right there. But an Obama Appointee Judge (Gonzalo Curiel), who is involved with many latino advocacy groups/causes, and was involved with the opposing lawyer in the past (and refused to recuse himself), decided the lawsuit should go-on anyways. Trump's lawyers are livid over the, "manifest disregard for the law", and Trump is later forced to settle (to eliminate the campaign distraction). While this is still ongoing, Trump was asked about it by Jake Tapper (CNN), and Trump mentioned the judges latino/background as possible motivation for the bias, and the left goes nuts. To the left, your heritage has nothing to do with it... unless it was Obama lawyers arguing against Judge A. Ashley Tabaddor (and they forced her to recuse herself from all Iranian immigration cases, because she was Iranian), or when Obama and the left are using race as an excuse for ignoring questionable rulings of Sonia Sotomayor. Back then they argued that of course heritage / cultural bias exists, but it is necessary to get that balance on the Supreme Court. So once again the left wants to play it both ways -- when their side is saying there's cultural bias, it's fine -- but when the other side does it for more cause, why it's racism.
- Tired, Poor, Huddled Masses - isn't all this new? Didn't we used to say, "give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free". Nope. That's a fictional history invented by progressives to cover up for their past. An oversimplification of our history is that Democrats/Progressives/Left have tried to exclude people unlike them, outlawed Asian immigration (100/country), created our quota system, interned people unlike us (Japanese, Italians, Germans) -- going back to 1790. But it was the Republicans that have both loosened the restrictions (while also demanding enforcement) of the laws we do have.
- Trump vs refugees - Don't even get started on this canard, it doesn't end well for Democrats. Immigration is a highly complex issue, and not everyone against more of it, is racist or a xenophobe. Being anti-refugee isn't racist. While Trump's position is too extreme for me, protecting Americans of all races against mass immigration (which hurts the people on the bottom of the economy), or reduces migrants from places where they've stated they want to kill us (and we can't properly vet them), isn't racism. You don't have to agree with the policy, but at least admit Americanism/Nationalism isn't racism -- and if it is, the Dems are a lot worse than Trump on this one.
- NBC FakeNews: Robert E. Lee story - Trump does a speech in Ohio on how great Ohio Native Ulysses S. Grant was and in passing mentions the greatness of the foes he overcame: Robert E. Lee. NBC spun that sentence fragment into a meme where Trump was praising Lee instead of Grant and the leftists spent the weekend News Cycle claiming, "Trump the racist praised the Confederate General". NBC retracted on Monday after the News Cycle was over. Oh, and Lee was a great general and American that denounced and gave up slavery before Grant did, but facts like that won't stop the snowflakes from their outrage.
- Trade rhetoric - Even if I'm more free trade than Trump, anti-trade rhetoric isn't racism, even if it is insensitive. Yes, Trump's, "tough on trade" positions with Mexico or China are sometimes abrasive. But it's not materially any different that the rhetoric that Bernie or Hillary has said, just he's more blustering in his solutions. If you throw Bernie, Hillary or other Democrat quotes out on Trade, and ask about them, Democrats will say, "that's racists", then you point out that it wasn't Trump but one of the others, and you see how firm their ethics really are.
- Trump Rally Violence - There's claims that Trump advocated violence at his rally's -- but that's not the whole context. Hillary and the Democrats paid violent protestors to go to Trump Rally's and make scenes or beat people up. Trump said in his sloppy ways that if one of his protestors punched a guy in the face (who had first assaulted other people) or roughed them up on the way out (after they had assaulted other people) that he'd pay their legal bills. Fake News and Fake Fact Checkers omitted the context and claimed that Trump urged violence at his rally's. No, he urged defense and counter-violence against paid violent thugs that the Democrats put in his rally's, and omitting that context is a lie of omission. But defense against paid antifa thugs, isn't advocating for violence, and it isn't racist since the majority of them are white.
- Mexicans are all rapists - Trump never said it, the media said he said it. So it is often repeated and thoroughly debunked, and if anyone repeats it, they discredit themselves as either ignorant or a polemic. Even far left Politifact admits he didn't say it -- he said some illegal immigrant "are good people" and some are not their best and brightest (drug dealers and rapists). We know this by incarceration records and how many illegal aliens are in prison.  The fundamental truth is that Mexico has like 5x our murder rate, and the Age of consent is 12. If you allow large swaths of unvetted Mexicans in, then assuming immigrants are no worse than their national average (which is false, as illegals are more likely to be on the bottom), that would still mean they would be much more murderous and rapey than our general population. The solution to that is to make them go through a vetting process, so we're only taking the above average, or else we're lowering our own. Those are facts and math isn't racist.
- Child Separations - this is another fallacy of the left. First, it's not racist to separate children from adults that broke the law. Every imprisoned criminal has the same thing, regardless of race. Second, child separations are down under Trump over Obama, and the left had no problem. Now Obama changed to catch and release at the end of his administration, and they're up over that, but not over the average -- and it's not racist to enforce immigration law. If you tell coyote's and immigrants that if they come with their children (or someone else's) that they'll be allowed in, then you'll increase human trafficking. The Open-Borders fanatics are fine with that, but the truth is you either enforce immigration laws, or you have defacto Open-Borders. And it's not racists to realize that you can't have a country and Open-Borders.
- Muslim Ban - This was another delusional lie, that Trump was a racist because of a muslim ban. Ignoring that Muslim is not a race so it can't be racism, the facts are that the most populous Muslim Countries (like the Philippines) were not included: so it wasn't even a Muslim ban. It named a few middle easter countries, flagged during the Obama administration as places where we could not vet the people coming in, and their governments were either hostile, corrupt or non-existent -- and thus not trustworthy to do any responsible vetting. Trump said, moratorium until we could figure out better vetting. That's not racism, that's called common sense. (My Dad is muslim, and in one of those countries. It still makes sense to vet people coming from places where people want to kill you).
- Everyone says so - not everyone, just democrat Fake News outlets like NYT, WaPo, MSNBC or CNN) that keep making the unsupported and false allegations. But if you watch closely when rarely asked to prove it, they don't back it up with specific claims, more with a vague "pattern" that you can't nail them down on. The infamous dog whistle that only the left can hear and can't support with hard data but fuzzy things like he once had a lawsuit (that every real estate developer in NYC). Then they forget to mention that they are under more supported allegations of racism themselves -- so by their standards, they are worse. And unsupported allegations, and failure to disclose, are breaking journalistic ethics standards and would get you flunked out of J-school. . Trump makes fun of a disabled person is an example of how dishonest the media is. People who know the whole story, know that Trump may be a loudmouth who overstates things, but that's not the same as being a racist (or someone that mocks the disabled). Those claiming otherwise are uninformed or liars.
Before you call someone a racist, you should be able to prove the claim, and Democrats haven't come close to doing that. They (dems and their media) use a beg the question fallacy: presume Trump is a racist, then see everything he does through their bias, even when there's much better explanations. The distortions are page one, the retractions (if ever) are page 20, and the people that don't know better remember the former.
Every one of their claims is based on an exaggeration or distortion, then they use that Gish Gallop of bullshit (sheer quantity) to convince the gullible -- "look at all those cases where we've falsely accused him of being racist! That wouldn't have happened if he wasn't racist". It only proves the dishonesty of the accusers, not the guilt of the accused. Hitler called that the big lie: a lie so audacious and so often repeated that the people believed it anyway. But they know their followers won't care about the facts, or looking deeper -- they are looking for something/someone/some reason to hate... and so a false charge is proof of guilt in leftist countries and kangaroo courts the world over.
So the whole racism charge is bullshit: there's zero evidence from these things that Trump is a racist, just because he questioned the judges objectivity in one case, or he believes in a border wall, or because he wants a ban from countries that have a lot of terrorists fanatics and we can't vet from, or that he admits illegal aliens commit more crimes than the average American, and so on. That doesn’t mean he is a racist -- it just means the people that call him a racist because of that are idiots that don't know what the word actually means.
The media and progressives were titilated when an elementary school librarian in Massachusetts tried to reject Melania Trump's gift of several Dr Suess books with a condescending letter claiming it was, "racist propaganda".
Of course, this hypocrite made no such complaints when both President and Michelle Obama read these books to children on multiple occasions, or when Jesse Jackson and others did the same, nor did any of the other schools that Melania think it was racist. And the librarian had no authority to reject donations (and has been 'straightened out' by the school district to cease using her position for political grandstanding and reminding her of her lack of authority to return donations to the school).
While the rejection was national news, the corrections weren't considered newsworthy. And that tells you all that you need to know about the Media's credibility on Trump being a racist. 
- Hillary on China: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/04/06/hillary-clinton-rages-china-afl-cio-speech/
- Rapists: https://www.politifact.com/virginia/statements/2016/aug/08/tim-kaine/tim-kaine-falsely-says-trump-said-all-mexicans-are/
- NYT worse than Trump: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/jeffrey-lord/2016/06/10/nyts-kristof-trump-racist-no-mention-bias-lawsuit-against-paper
- The Librarian, Dr. Seuss and the lying media:
- Hillary v. Donald Trump on Immigration: https://www.facebook.com/numbersusa/videos/1135342756522418/
- This Puerto Rican soldiers video sums up the falsehoods spread by the media: https://www.facebook.com/muggamark/videos/10208966102369036/
- Crying wolf: http://slatestarcodex.com/2016/11/16/you-are-still-crying-wolf/
- The big flip — Trump was better than all the other candidates in the primary, then was worse in the general: http://thefederalist.com/2016/10/24/liberals-adored-trump-winning-gop-primary/
- BET founder: Trump isn’t a racist. http://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/29/bet-founder-says-trump-is-not-a-racist-and-stocks-are-right-to-rally-post-election.html
- Of course he was offered a cabinet position, but not something http://www.politico.com/media/story/2016/11/bet-founder-says-trump-offered-him-a-cabinet-position-004868
- There’s what Trump said, what people claim he said, and then what the media claims he said. They’re not necessarily the same thing. There’s a lot of attributions according to what http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/18-real-things-donald-trump-has-said-about-women_us_55d356a8e4b07addcb442023