Vice President Joe Biden made this statement in an interview with Field & Stream's Anthony Licata, "Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15, because you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door". Someone's been watching too many cowboy westerns: it isn't going through a modern solid door, and you'd be breaking the law by doing it.
He later repeated it as a double barrel .12 gauge, and just fire two shots in the air. Only a few problems with this
- If you shoot the 2 shots with a double barrel, you are out of ammo and you can’t shoot the intruders
- shooting randomly into the air is unsafe
- shooting a warning shot may get you arrested and jailed (illegal in most cities)
- if there are 3 or more intruders (and you only have a double-barrell), you may not have enough rounds even if you haven’t fired indiscriminately into the air
- A 12 gauge may be too powerful for the person, an AR-15 or some other gun is easier (safer) to control (what know-nothing Joe was recommending against)
At least he's got a low drama family... or not: sex, hookers, debt, cocaine, and his son was sleeping with dead brothers wife
Seal Team 6
On May 3, 2011, at an event in Washington, Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. did the unthinkable: He publicly revealed the identity of the special-operations unit responsible for bin Laden’s killing. His reckless action put at risk the lives of every member of SEAL Team 6. The Taliban and other jihadists eager to avenge bin Laden now knew which unit to target. Stunned and shocked, SEAL members immediately realized they were going to be hunted by al Qaeda sympathizers. The entire team had to tell their families to scrub all associations with their sons. By August a Chinook helicopter carrying 15 SEAL Team 6 members (30 servicemen) was ambushed and shot down. It was America’s single greatest loss of life in Afghanistan and the largest number of SEALs ever killed in one incident in history. Then the funeral services held in Afghanistan had a Muslim cleric presiding over the it, and in Arabic, he damned the “infidel” SEALs, condemning their souls “to hell.” Thanks Joe (and Barack).