Mika Brzezinski embarrassed herself and journalism by revealing her gossip on what someone said off-camera in a private conversation (when they weren't there to defend themselves). If Mika isn't fired, it shows how low of standards that MSNBC, NBC has. You destroy your credibility as a journalist by revealing private gossip as news. And who honestly believes Mika as the paragon of truth and non-exaggeration? Tucker Carlson eviscerated her for that.
Rachel Maddow lowlights -- again, this isn't to be a fair and balanced piece about her career and achievements, you can listen to her or MSNBC, CNN or any progressive if you want to hear that claptrap. This is more about some of the many of reasons her detractors are not fans.
I'd never heard of Stephanie Ruhle, but then I don't usually pay much attention to the trolls and MSDNC because they so rarely get anything right, but are often drawn to my attention when they get something wrong. She talked about guns, on MSNBC, you know that's an "Oh shit, this is going to be funny" sort of thing. I wasn't disappointed.
MSDNC talking head Joy Reid, is a dimwitted partisan polemic, that gets as much wrong as right. But she made a fatal flaw for her culture.... she got caught being a bigot. Well, that's not a problem if you're bigoted against conservatives, libertarians, religious folks, pro-lifers, fiscally responsible people, Jews, taxpayers, asians, or one of the groups that you're allowed to be bigots against. She did that a lot. She got caught being a bigot to one of the minority groups that you're not allowed to be bigoted towards: LGBTQ's. And when caught she claimed she was hacked.
To give you an idea of the kind of ambush politics they play, in the middle of a Natural Disaster, where Ted Cruz is talking about disaster relief Katy Tur drops a bombshell attack, "a lot of people are pointing out that you voted against aid for Sandy... back in 2012... and saying, 'You're asking for money now when you weren't willing to help the people in the Northeast.' What do you have to say to them?” Talk about the classic, scummy, "do you beat your wife often?" kind of question.
Cruz was a lot more civil than he she deserved. After trying to get back on topic and said, "there's time for political sniping later", she pressed. And an he gutted her argument. One that she wouldn't have made if she was informed on what had really happened -- or if she knew this, and asked anyways, shows what a dishonest shrew she is. But the facts were:
- It was a $60.4B dollar bill where Democrats filled 2/3rds with unrelated pork (and Obama signed) that was nicknamed Sandy Scam
- "it's not right for politicians to exploit a disaster and people are hurting to pay for their own political wish list. Disaster relief needs to be focused on the victims of disaster relief. And I supported that for Sandy, disaster relief."
To give you an idea of why honest politicians didn't like the dishonest pork-barrelling the Democrats threw in?
- $8 million to buy cars and equipment for the Homeland Security and Justice departments
- $150 million for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration to dole out to fisheries in Alaska
- $2 million for the Smithsonian Institution to repair museum roofs in DC
- $13 billion would go to “mitigation” projects to prepare for future storms (in Democrat districts)
- $207 million for the VA Manhattan Medical Center
- $41 million to fix up eight military bases including Guantanamo Bay, Cuba
- $4 million for repairs at Kennedy Space Center in Florida
- $3.3 million for the Plum Island Animal Disease Center
- $1.1 million to repair national cemeteries.
Conflating charges/conviction with criminal activities is the perfect example of the kind of propagandized FakeNews they do.
- The quality of the sourcing is such that they can't spell Geroge W. Bush's name right
- or know enough to be consistent with middle initials shows a certain sloppiness
- Using the Daily Kos as a source, where there are so many better places to get this info...
But all that pales compared to the point itself.
Rather than actual number of criminal activities, convictions and indictments only proves that Republicans let their side be convicted, or that they aren't a sloppy with spurious allegations, or the Democrats obstruct justice better. And since some of the people served in both administrations, just that Republicans aren't willing to let the same people get away with the same activities once they're in office. And there's a whole lot of slop in how you account for stuff. (One person on 9 charges, or 9 people with one charge each). It doesn't even show what they think it shows.
To have any depth of understanding, you'd have to count number and severity of scandals. There are no indictments on things like Hillary's pay-for-play deals, or email scandals, but they were felonies far more severe than some of the lying to congress charges they got some others on. So you actively get dumber (less informed) by listening to MSNBC.