Once-reputable Newsweek started making supermarket tabloids embarassed with articles like:
- The Man 'Newsweek' Said Invented Bitcoin Denies Inventing Bitcoin. That's kinda a big one.
- They tried to imply that Ivanka, by repeating parts of her own speech was plagiarizing (herself). Really.
- They said Bush lost 22 Million Emails
Lies of omission:
- Email was in its infancy
- The government and the rules had not yet been developed
- The Bush administration did nothing wrong (they did a transfer from one email system to another, and all were archived and eventually recovered and made available).
- Short term unavailability is not the same as Hillary's deleting them, destroying the drives with a hammer, after running bleachbit and other digital scrubbers over the data.
- They're just trying to make the Republicans look like hypocrites using the "you did it too", by running articles written for it by Clinton or the Democratic Party.
Then there's the errors that are just screwups, or Newsweek behaving as a shill for DNC:
Why Are Obama's Critics So Dumb? Read
To Obama’s Gotta Go Read
Their famous Dewey beats Truman moment with "Madam President" Read
To comparing President Trump to Charles Manson? Read