At the 2020 Golden Globes, Ricky Gervais did a monologue that finally told the self-important Hollywood elites how the rest of the country (and world) see them and their sanctimonious speeches at masturbatory award shows. It was the best award monologue ever. He trashed Apple, Amazon, Disney (perhaps unfairly), and the Hollywood elites sanctimony (completely deserved). It took a while to get to the punchline, but the whole thing had its moments, especially watching the Hollywood elites being uncomfortable with finally seeing themselves in the mirror. It almost made me regret not watching the rest of the show.
- "Let’s go out with a bang, let’s have a laugh at your expense. Remember, they’re just jokes. We’re all gonna die soon and there’s no sequel, so remember that."
- "Seriously, most films are awful. Lazy. Remakes, sequels... Hollywood movies now do fantasy-adventure nonsense. They wear masks and capes and really tight costumes. Their job isn’t acting anymore. It’s going to the gym twice a day and taking steroids, really. Have we got an award for most ripped junky?"
- "[Discussing show Afterlife] Spoiler alert, season two is on the way so in the end he obviously didn’t kill himself. Just like Jeffrey Epstein."
- "The world got to see James Corden as a fat pussy. He was also in the movie Cats"... “This is the worst thing to happen to cats since dogs.”
- "You're in no position to lecture the public about anything. You know nothing about the real world. Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg."
- "Apple roared into the TV game with The Morning Show, a superb drama about the importance of dignity and doing the right thing, made by a company that runs sweatshops in China."
- "You say you’re woke but the companies you work for—Apple, Amazon, Disney. If ISIS started a streaming service you’d call your agent, wouldn’t you?"
- "Come up, accept your little award, thank your agent and your god, and fuck off."
Of course Hollywood didn't listen and Patricia Arquette and Michelle Williams spent their allotted time on politics, making themselves and Hollywood look like idiots anyways. But at least they can't say nobody warned them.
Award shows are the participation trophies for the left. It's where insecure people award themselves prizes for doing their jobs, and then have sanctimonious speeches where high school drop-outs and insular and spoiled rich divas try to tell the rest of us what we're doing wrong and how great they all are. more...
To show what reactionary and tone-deaf idiots they are, the left is outraged at Ricky Gervais. They're calling him "right wing", and stuff like that. He responded with the obvious, "How the fuck can teasing huge corporations and the richest, most privileged people in the world, be considered "right wing". Those with a clue responded with the obvious: 
- The worst part - he didn’t actually say anything against the left - it was about pedophiles, serial rapists, & hypocrisy with a few specific jokes about old school actors. I’m raising my eyebrows over why the far left is taking so much offense.
- You’re sane and the Left equates sanity with being right wing.
- Because anything they dislike or disagree with is automatically labeled right wing hate speech
- If you say anything against the left then you are automatically a far right wing racist fascist xenophobic bigot.
- You know you’re fully woke when you think mocking the richest & most powerful ‘punching down’.
- Its simple Ricky The "left wing" is being taken over by wealthy corporations and elites