- Congress takes a vote on whether to impeach, and it loses 364-58 (+2 Democrats hid and voted "present"). Since voting on it would make Democrats accountable, Pelosi sets up a system to go around that and not have another vote, they invented the unprecedented idea of an impeachment "inquiry", which is impeachment without the process of impeachment (presumption of guilt, and no rules/norms).
- This is similar to the scam of making Nixon an unnamed co-conspirator, so that the Democrats could slander him and he couldn't cross examine witnesses or mount any defense against the slurs against his name.
- Prior impeachment hearings you had a special counsel that was appointed by the department of justice who oversaw this phase of the impeachment, since the Democrats have refused to name a crime/scope the President is guilty of, or even vote on an impeachment, the DOJ can't/won't create a special counsel. (You are barred by law and oath of office from just fishing for crimes).
- The problem is that when the Democrats put their "witnesses" up, they get eviscerated as the partisan deep-state frauds that they are (like happened with Mueller), and they don't hold to scrutiny. So Pelosi played politics, as she always does, and created this process so they would have no accountability for slandering the President in a non-impeachment impeachment (e.g. scampeachment).
- While others impeachments had a defined scope in writing, this does not.
- The others had established rules and procedures, named in advance, this does not.
- The others tried to have credible process, people running it, and look non-partisan. This was the antithesis of that with partisan hacks like Schiff running part of it after he was caught lying a few dozen times about having irrefutable evidence on Russia that he was did not.
- In the past subpoena power was granted to both parties, not in this case.
- In the past, counsel could cross examine witnesses and present evidence, or hear what was being said. Not in this case.
So this is about never trumpers making a mockery of the prior process (and looking for excuses why the rules don't apply to them), because the constitution doesn't specifically stop them. So they are going to rape the spirit of the law, and all precedent, because they can. It's a scam that violates all prior norms, and something that we should not tolerate from elected officials.
Scampeachment : 4 items
Ignoring these facts is called a lie of omission at best. Or partisan hackery at worst. And a few excuses for why it's OK to violate our system of justice, doesn't change that. Anyone that defends this process is defending making our nation ungorvernable, divisive, and rooting for civil war. The informed will ignore any outcome from this scam... and they are killing their ability to