Social Justice Warriors
Of course there is inequality and injustice in the world, and even in our nation. But by and large, we're in the top handful of countries in the world as far as tolerance and diversity, in every dimension. But the progressive left is addicted "progress" (change), not balance, or knowing when to stop/slow/moderate. So no matter what progress is made, they have to ignore it, exaggerate the wrongs and the potential for government to fix society with a few laws and a little more intolerance towards that with which they disagree -- until they get to the point where their views are a caricature of reality, and a delusion. That only they are virtuous, and those who disagree in any degree, are not (and thus are enemies). Here's a list of silly or abusive things the Social Justice Warriors (Snowflakes) demand.
| Social Justice Warriors
Virtue: only one side has it.
|We are in an age of unprecedented injustice: racism, sexism, transphobia, oppression are everywhere! As demonstrated by college rape culture, the war on women, rampant police abuse of minorities, poverty and various inequalities that we need the SJW’s to guide government to force us to be better. Without them, the minorities would be oppressed, and we'd collapse into a corporate racist slave state.||While there is injustice, we are one of (if not the) freest, wealthiest, and least discriminatory countries in the world, with the most opportunities for people (even minorities that come from countries where they were the majority), and our government and laws are a reflection of that, not the cause of it. Government is the wrong tool to fix injustice (in most cases), but a great tool to create it. And the left is addicted to change, not balance, so they're often on the wrong side of issues (in degrees). Acknowledging any of those truths would end the far left as a movement, and replace them with mature moderates: so they must live in an alternate reality where the exception is the norm, and the norm is the exception -- and demand it of everyone else.|
Examples of taking both bad and good ideas too far, include: 30 items
- 2017.09.01 Amazon, Confederacy and Antifa - Bezos doesn't seem to mind selling hate on Amazon. Well, left wing hate. They blocked history and the confederate flag as "too controversial" (a historical event that happened) -- but antifa stuff was sold well after they proved themselves to be a domestic terrorist organization.
- 2018.02.28 Dick's Sporting Goods - How to shoot yourself in the dick? Be a Sporting Goods store named Dick's, then alienate a large swath of your customer base and suppliers who are hunters and gun owners, by replacing the Constitution with your hypocritical corporate ethics. This move left a mark, in the short and long term. (To the tune of about $150M or 1.7% of annual revenue, in the first year alone... more to come).
- 2019.01.31 Captain of Nothing - In another flacid attempt to ruin everything, the SJW's (Ta-Nehisi Coates) was able to change Captain America to Captain of Nothing -- because America is so bad, jingoistic and nationalistic. The storyline is a leftists dream, Cap decides to surrender to the authorities and renounces America.
- Baizuo -
- Berkeley - List of riots and antifa attacks on free speech and other stupid and intolerant things that Berkeley does in the name of tolerance. You are what you do, and when you assault people because you don't like what they think or say, your actions are intolerant -- and that means far more than the flower prose about how you're beating them up out of love for your fellow man. When actions and deed conflict, trust the deed.
- Cultural Appropriation -
While it's retarded to get mad at old cultures, that have thousand year old traditions, and still borrow from their minority neighbors, because that's how cultures grow/evolve. It's even more retarded to use the term or idea in a country like America, where virtually everything came from somewhere else, just a couple hundred years ago (or much less), and all our food, culture, songs, fashion, traditions are an amalgam of all the others. Those screaming for it to stop, and actually arguing against tolerance and evolution: they're cultural luddites that deserve to be mocked.
- Eric McCormack - Will, of Will and Grace, the once mildly entertaining, later obnoxiously sanctimonious show about a Gay Lawyer (Modern Ricky, er Will) and his incompetent/bumbling friend (Lucy... er, Grace), and how they do stupid things together. It was considered groundbreaking for having a the straightest Gay semi-Lead character in a TV show, played by a straight actor. At some point in his life, Eric decided that pretending to be interesting wasn't enough meaning, so he had to conservative hating asshat, and said that he didn't want any intellectual diversity on his show. (No Conservatives). And also that anyone that donates to conservatives should be outted/doxxed and harassed. Basically, he wants to bring back Hollywood blacklists. (Debrah Messing, his co-star also took the fascist side).
- Facebook -
- FactCheck - Facebook is completely non-partisan and has no biases or agendas, right? LOL. History proves that FactCheck.org was partisan and bias, but since their acquisition by Facebook, it seems that they won't have even the false front of being a "J-School", which are all partisan, it's just Zuckerberg's sock-puppet.
- Google -
- Incel -
As usual, there's the media/FakeNews/Alt-Left definition, and the truth which has a lot more nuance than you'll hear from them. While incel might have been coined by a Women, the men that use it use the term for themselves feel that many promiscuous women ("Stacy's") are shallow, vicious to nice guys, and either hate men, or prefer pretty alpha-males ("Chads") that treat them like shit. And the incels are bitter about that decay of values/status and vent/commiserate online to other incels and trolls that incite them. The alt-left version as told by Vox, BBC, and others is: men united by their inept inability to get laid (hence they're celibate, but not by choice), and only blame women for it: they're all racist/sexist/misogynists. I don't think those are mutually exclusive truths as both sides have a point -- but I know that being completely contemptuous of the other side is the norm for the far-left, in the name of tolerance, and is a great way to make the problem worse.
- Intuit - Intuit makes the bad choice to punish companies for selling products they don't like. It backfires. I worked for Intuit and used their products before -- but if I have a choice, I never ever will again. It is certainly in a private companies purview to choose their customers -- but there's a responsible or douchey way to do it. And it's also within the customers purview to choose the companies they do business with. So the lash gets the backlash.
- Linda Sarsour -
- She defends sharia law and Saudi Arabia’s legal system — which, as CNN explains, denies women basic rights, such as the freedom to “marry, divorce, travel, get a job or have elective surgery without permission from their male guardians”?
- Sarsour is pals with many terrorist sympathizers and organizations: if it's radical Islam, she supports it (with all the sexism in tact)
- Her "Mentor" (her words), was Imam Wahhaj - an unindicted co-conspirator of the 1993 World Trade Center bombings and a prominent leader of the Muslim Alliance in North America. (Never enough evidence to bring charges).
- Imam Wahhaj's son (Siraj Ibn Wahhaj) was found creating a terrorist training camp in Taos, New Mexico. His radical islamic school for teaching kids how to do school shootings had 11 pupils and the body of his "missing" son.
- She tweeted that female-genital-mutilation survivor and activist Ayaan Hirsi Ali is asking “4 an a$$whippin’ ” and “I wish I could take their vaginas away — they don’t deserve to be women.”
- MIT -
- NPR -
- Nextdoor - Nextdoor is a Social Platform, that felt that removing anonymity, keeping it local, and better policing/community standards would make a different type of Social Media platform. While the created might have been well intentioned leftist activists, they failed to understand that wokescolds will ruin everything you give them a voice in. So it has all the maturity and depth of a Twitter, wrapped in false civility and double standards of leftist PC thought-police, moderating anything.
- Nike -
- Occupy Democrats - Propagandaministerium of America. They exist to take things out of context, lie, distort, and feel that any means to their ends (of furthering the power of government over the people) is justified. At least based on their actions. If you can't look at anything they post, and find at least 10 things wrong with it, then you're not qualified to have a discussion.
- PBS - PBS news has two solutions to every problem: (1) "government failed to solve this, or made it worse: the solution is more government", or (2) "I know, let's pass a law/regulation/tax to fix it". When your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail. And when you're subsidized by the Government, you're going to promote more Government.
- SPLC -
- Sean Penn - Fast Times at Ridgemont High. FasHugo Chavez fanboy, interviewed El Chapo, never met a latin despot he didn't like (like the Dennis Rodman of Latin America), now amazingly silent on what's going on in Venezuela. Oh, and author of one of the worst books ever published.
- Snopes -
- Twitter -
- Woke Corporate Slacktivism - Woke Corporate Slacktivism is the idea that corporations should stop trying to maximize shareholder value by meeting their customers needs, but start becoming political/religious organizations that preach their agendas to others. It seems to fail more than it works, because most people are wise enough to recognize that they're insincere. And even those gullible enough to believe otherwise just find some other hypocrisy by the company to feed their need for moral outrage. So their short term allies will always turn on them, and they alienate everyone else.