Super Size Me
- He must fully eat three McDonald's meals per day: breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- He must consume every item on the McDonald's menu at least once over the course of the 30 days (he managed this in nine days).
- He must only ingest items that are offered on the McDonald's menu, including bottled water. All outside consumption of food is prohibited.
- He must only Super Size the meal when offered; he may not request to Super Size items.
- He will attempt to walk about as much as a typical United States citizen, based on a suggested figure of 5,000 standardized distance steps per day
In other words, abnormal diet, stop exercising as much, up his calorie intake not based on needs but based on offer, and blame the fast food restaurant for his bad choices. This is the moral equivalent of saying you'll eat everything you see advertised on TV in a day, and blame the TV channel for him getting sick.
Ignoring that Morgan was a repeat sex offender (so a typical representation of the far left in Hollywood), one of the key takeaways (that came out a decade later) was Morgan had, in his words, "Not sober for a week since age 13".
In a reply documentary "Fat Head", Tom Naughton refuted the Spurlock's findings and claims -- and of course Spurlock wouldn't provide a food log or anything to back up his absurdities. During the film, Naughton goes on an all-fast-food diet, mainly eating food from McDonald's, but he keep his calories to around 2,000 and his carbohydrates to around 100 grams per day, and after a month eating that way he loses 12 pounds and his total cholesterol goes down. Basically, the exact opposite by still eating only at McD's, but being intelligent about it. (e.g. "it's not the restaurant it's your food choices you dolt").
Soso Whaley also copied the all McD's diet for a month and, "I lost 10 pounds (going from 175 to 165) and lowered my cholesterol from 237 to 197, a drop of 40 points." Of course she maintained her caloric intake at around 2,000 per day, exercised regularly and did not insist on consuming more food than she otherwise would.
John Cisna, a high school science teacher, lost 60 pounds while eating exclusively at McDonald's for 180 days.
If you listen to liberal documentaries, you get dumber and think the world is out to get you. The truth is, some people lie for publicity. And the easiest lies to tell are against those who believe in collectivism (following the herd), and who are young, un-skeptical, and think all corporations are evil, and individuals are mindless victims of whatever dogma they see on TV (like they are).
But we learn through the counter-points, that if you take personal responsibility, you become a better person, even if you only eat at McDonalds.
- Tom Naughton - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_Head
- Soso Whaley - https://www.nationalreview.com/2005/06/soso-so-good-interview/
- John Cisna - https://www.al.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2015/08/meet_the_science_teacher_who_l.html