Obviously, this isn't intended as a dictionary. But we can't communicate if we don't agree on the foundation of the language. What does a word or term mean?
There is this trend by some that if you can't win by honesty, facts, intellect, that you can just reinvent what things mean in popular culture, and stand logic on it's head. This gaslighting, is more than annoying, it's subversive to society, tolerance and liberty, under the guise and guile of doing the exact opposite.
This area is to get communication on common ground, and to remember what terms actually mean (not what activists are trying to invent them into meaning). And if necessary, to try to correct the record.
- Antifascism #Antifa - Fascism by another name is called fascism, even if it's fascism to attack fascism.
- Attacking the Source - Ad hominem: if you don't have anything intelligent to say, change the topic (distract) by questioning the source.
- BDS (Bush Derangement Syndrome)
- Gender Wage Gap - This isn't a term so much as a myth
- Gini Coefficient :
The Gini Coefficient (or Gini Index) came about when Corrado Gini (and Italian Sociologist) wrote the book: The Scientific Basic of Fascism. His idea was that you could make systems stronger than the individuals, if you just weeded out the threats to the collective and accepted fascism (democratic socialism combined with crony capitalism).
His book, and the infamous “Gini Coefficient” he created, said that income should be evenly distributed, and if it wasn’t, then government should use that imbalance as an excuse to seize wealth and liberty, and redistribute it (fascism) to make things “more fair”. His coefficient is basically just that: a measure of how economically fascists (socialist) your country is.
- Progressive Choice - given the choice of Envy or Happiness, choose happiness.
- TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) - a serious affliction that can turn the otherwise rational into a puddle of emotions (made by melting snowflakes and the tears of losers)
- Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
- White Privilege - an imaginary concept, used by racists to attack people for the color of their skin.
- You probably think... - Starting with this straw man fallacy is the fastest way to set the bozo bit.