The Intercept is a far left brainchild of Glenn Greenwald. But he's not a partisan (he is independent), he will attack both Republicans and Democrats for not being left enough (or any support of national security or foreign involvements), and at least a few of the stories are pretty good and independent. However, the ones that are bad/wrong, are all going to skew in one direction. So they have an ideological bias, but not a purely political one.
Examples: 6 items
- 2019.03.02 Lies about Sanders' Speech - While MSNBC has always been the propaganda arm of the DNC, when they get caught making mistakes (like claims about Bernie Sanders), will they correct them? The answer would be "no", like most mistakes. Bernie is a threat to the DNC establishment, so the truth takes a backseat to the agenda. And the Intercept earns a gold star for doing actual journalism and calling them out on it.
- 2018.07.27 ICE detainee with Schozophrenia - Far-left Intercept has an article about an ICE detainee with Schozophrenia that complains about his suicide in custody. Misses the bigger point of whether the U.S. should have to be the worlds mental institution. They were offended that Trump complained that some of these folks aren't the best and brightest that Mexico has to offer.
- 2017.06 Exposure and arrest of a confidential source - The Intercept published a story that asserted Russian intelligence successfully hacked an American voter registration/polling company, and had used that information to phish state election officials, based on NSA documents they had. The Intercept reporter (Matthew Cole) had shared these documents with another government contractor, seeking to validate them... but the documents had microdots (a digital footprint), which outted their source.One hour after publication, Reality Winner (NSA employee) was arrested by the FBI and charged with Espionage. Two other convicted NSA sources (in other cases), claimed that Cole's actions had lead to their arrests as well. Oh, and the documents showed that the Russians had tried and largely failed to hack the institution, and was irrelevant to the Trump-Russia collusion claims: so was really just a nothing-burger.
- 2017.03 Over 2,000 Bomb Threats - In the first few months of 2017, many Jewish centers in the U.S. (UK, Oz, NZ, and Norway) were receiving Bomb threats and far left organizations like the ADL and various media outlets said it was like the work of "right wing Christians in the United States", or on CNN Congressman Jerrold Nadler (D) said, "Donald Trump Supporters". Remember, each event was counted as an individual hate crime according to the Fear-Industrial-Complex. Finally, in March a 19-year-old Jewish Israeli-American named Michael Ron David Kadar was arrested. He had been perpetrating many of them because he was rejected from the Israeli Defense Forces over mental health issues and a brain tumor. And Juan M. Thompson (a former journalist for The Intercept) was also arrested for many more: he was trying frame a woman he'd dated.
- 2016 Juan M. Thompson scandal - Juan M. Thompson is a former journalist (usually around race issues) for the Intercept who got fired for "fabricated several quotes in his stories" and creating fake email accounts that he used to impersonate others. The Intercept had to offer lengthy corrections to five stories and retract a sixth. Reed apologized to readers and to those misquoted. A year after Juan exited The Intercept he was convicted for cyberstalking and making several bomb threats to Jewish Community Centers in the U.S.