The Master Baiter
The far-left and their media keeps going with "anything Trump says is wrong".... so he keeps saying, "the sun is bright" and they keep saying, "no it is NOT, that's racist!" And the sane public remembers the abrasive truth of Trump, and the foolish dishonesty of the media/left. And the Democrats think they're winning? Either he’s intentionally baiting them, as part of his plan, or they’re so incompetent that they can’t beat a bumbling buffoon and his shit tweets. So if Trump's an idiot, they are dumber. Or he's been using the left's constant under-estimation of him, to bait them into shooting themselves in the foot. (They win the little fight, by losing the bigger one). And the #resistance can't stop falling for it. Either doesn’t bode well for the left.
The left has two fatal conceits:
- They have decayed into the cult of form over function. What you say doesn't matter -- but how you say it, and which party says it, is all that matters. (And they'll eat their own if it gives them victimhood points).
- They are provincial because everyone they know thinks like they do. (They've driven everyone else out). So they are easily led astray as they can't fathom how anyone not like them might think/react to what they're saying/doing.
So if you want to beat them, just throw out some bait that they can't resist, and the #resistors will reflexively over-react or align themselves to dumb people or causes. Whether it's OpenBorders, or the bimbo squad of America haters. He baits, and they bite -- and become aligned to the fringe.
Trump was always an in-artful and blunt communicator (at best), that says things that are usually materially true in function and NY blunt or inaccurate in the micro. But people tend to remember the macro! Everyone with a clue instinctively knows this. The left is still eternally surprised by everything he says, and thus feels compelled to over-react to him. So:
- Trump says he's going to build a wall, and he is doing his damnedest to do that. The fact that Mexico isn't paying for it in pesos doesn't matter to his base. Mexico is using their military to help us against immigration. But what matters to his base and the independents is that the Democrats have set themselves up as the party of open borders and obstructing our immigration law. The left/media at best, looks like they want open borders, they attack our law enforcement and nation. They pretend we are running death camps on our borders... and people are fighting to get in them.
- Trump says materially correct things like, "the cult of 4 has a lot of anti-American rhetoric, and if they hate America, they should leave like all the radical lefties promised to do if Trump won".... and the Press goes apoplectic over a sloppily worded NORMAL turn of phrase, "If you don't like it, go fix the countries you seem to idolize" and everything they don't like is racism. So they become the party that throws out racism over everything, thus you can ignore them. And the DNC and the media aligned themselves with these 4 America hating fanatics -- and everything they say will splatter back on them.
- Trump, at worst, looks like a bit of a bombast, that defends America and wants to protect our borders. Those that voted for him (and against him) already knew that. It's not going to move the needle.
- Dems/Media have bound their brand to these 4 anti-semitic anti-American bigots. They have to defend everything they say and look like they agree with that fanaticism -- or if they attack them, it looks like they flipped -- and the public remembers the hypocrisy of the left to attack Trump for criticizing them, now they are. Either way, the Democrats look good in the daily polls, and looks worse in the monthly/yearly ones. They win the little victories with all their friends (the love and adoration of their perpetually outraged grievance warriors)... and lose the big victory with the rest of the nation.
Trump's poll numbers are rising nationally. They're being outplayed.
That's not defending Trump, it's defending common sense. The more extreme the left looks, the fewer people outside a few coastal cities they'll appeal to. And they branded themselves as the party of those 4 anti-semitic fanatics.
I'd said the same thing to the left/media that I said when Trump won the election. If you think he's bad/dangerous, then you need to keep your powder dry. Save the outrage for the really big things you keep warning us is coming. If the worst that is, is that he rounds up a few criminal illegal aliens, or he insulted some anti-American idiots, then the people are thinking, "that's not really that bad, those folks are nut jobs".
But the media/left needs to freak out over everything because it gives them short term outrage credibility with their friends, and bumps in polls and clicks.... and long term it keeps playing to his advantage as the majority of the nation gets the hypocrisy of the left, and the loose grained accuracy of what Trump said. And the Democrats keep falling for it. It's not a tough choice between a free-market America loving asshole and America-hating hypocrites that want a Socialist country with open borders.
So these million micro outrages over nothing burgers with whiney sauce, may play to the left's base in the short term. But they are immunizing the Tangerine Trumpet against the histrionics of the left/media. And as long as you have the likes of the Fab 4 slamming America with their approval rate at 8%... Trump is winning by getting the left/media to defend them.
A list of articles on Trump, his scandals (real and imagined). My goal isn't to cheerlead or slam, but I am anti-establishment and have the most interest in the parts of the story that the media/left has omitted, and giggle at cry-bullies getting their comeuppance. That's probably too much nuance for many, as anything but rabid attacks make many think I'm a Trump lover. While I wish he was a better behaved champion and didn't get in the mud with the pigs, but if he didn't, he'd be Mitt Romney and he'd likely lose. So they despise him for doing what they do back to them. I don't like either of them, but I like the one fighting for individuals more than the ones fighting to oppress them. more...