Trump vs refugees
- We have Carter blocking Muslim immigrants during the Iran Hostage Crisis
- Clinton whining about Cuban refugees
- FDR's blocked Jewish refugees during the holocaust (knowing what turning them back meant to their life-expectancy)
- Democrats like Jerry Brown were against Vietnamese refugees, after they created them by surrendering Vietnam to the communists and reversing the war from victory to defeat.
I actually support the risks of taking more refugees, but only if the Democrats will be honest to the American people, and do it eyes-wide-open. We will accept them, knowing that many Americans will die because of it, because that's who we are. But we will not lie to the public and pretend it's safe, that we can vet them adequately, or pretend that those who don't want to accept the resultant deaths are all racists. They aren't. We also will not lie that there are no consequences for allowing them in. We must admit that you can't adequately tell the good ones from the bad ones, so we're really debating about the balances between security and compassion (isolationism, or accepting the mass murders and terrorism that will come with accepting those refugees), not racism.
Trump and supporters just value their friends and families lives more than symbolic gestures, and have seen muslims ruin their own countries, and don't want to bring that here. If you call them racist for those reasonable positions, you immediately turn me off to your arguments as a fool or fraud.
- Carter blocking Muslim immigrants: http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/261062/carter-banned-iranians-coming-us-during-hostage-daniel-greenfield
- Clinton on Cuban Refugees: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/11/17/the-forgotten-story-of-how-refugees-almost-ended-bill-clintons-career/
- FDR blocking Jews during the Holocaust: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/us-government-turned-away-thousands-jewish-refugees-fearing-they-were-nazi-spies-180957324/?no-ist
- Lack of vetting quality: http://dailycaller.com/2015/10/21/fbi-director-admits-us-cant-vet-all-syrian-refugees-for-terror-ties-video/