While voter suppression is real, and infrequently happens on both sides of the aisle -- it's usually done by not having enough polling places in the right areas, not by checking ID. And you can tell how seriously the Democrats care about it, because in cases where goons in Philadelphia are standing outside a polling station with clubs, presumably to intimidate away anyone not voting how they might prefer, the Obama Administration's DOJ (Democrats), just dropped open-and-closed case, to prevent sending a signal that such voter intimidation/suppression will not be tolerated. It would only be a problem for them if white folks did that.
Their argument is not that photo ID being required to do any of the following is suppressing our freedoms — only voterID would do that. These others things are all OK and even encouraged by them (for those that don’t know what hypocrisy or double-standards looks like, that is the perfect example):
- buy alcohol, cigarettes, gun, video game, cellphone, car or house (or rent the same)
- apply for unemployment, foodstamps, welfare, medicare, Social Security, a loan or mortgage
- open a bank account, get married, adopt a pet (or child), get a fishing or camping license
- get a job, on an airplane, or drive a car, visit a casino, fill a prescription, get healthcare, donate blood
- to enter many government buildings to meet with public officials
On top of it, that fallacy is disproven by places that have VoterID (no evidence of suppression).
- Tennessee recently enacted a voterID: there were 645,775 votes cast in the Tennessee primary, and only 266 persons did not show a photo ID at the polls (including liberal activists protesting the law by appearing at the polls without a photo ID just to be dicks). Those 266 individuals were allowed to vote provisionally and if they returned with their photo ID, their ballots were counted. 112 of them did so, leaving only 154 voters who did not return with a photo ID. That represents .023% of the total primary voters, and is less than the number of questionable voters each year.
Their best argument to counter that, is a distraction. Of the people that didn't vote, most were of other races. Which just shows that the idiot rate is higher amongst Democrat minorities than amongst the general population.
All over the world, poor countries (including in Latin America, Afghanistan and India) have voterID laws. With 400M people earning less than $1.25/day, and every since voter has a photoID -- but in America, where you need an ID to apply for foodstamps, it's intimidation to require an ID? Are you really buying that?
- Places like Afghanistan can require voterID: http://allenbwest.com/2014/04/photo-ids-fail-suppress-afghan-vote-never-mind-suicide-bombs/
- India has 1.27 billion people, with 400M earning less than $1.25/day — every single voter has a photoID.
- Obama admin ignoring real voter intimidation/suppression, because it favored Democrats: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Black_Panther_Party_voter_intimidation_case
- 2018.11.02 What attempted voter suppression really looks like is this DNC ad trying to warn hunters that if they vote, they'll lose their licenses to hunt in other states - https://www.foxnews.com/politics/north-dakota-democratic-party-discourages-hunts-from-voting-claims-they-could-lose-out-of-state-licenses?fbclid=IwAR24IY5Xl4R_oGKGMMvCgCDt43mSbQZ4w9AGhvLrKeLBVYOCKBSlLihIJRg