The smartest Gun-Controllers in the room
The purpose of this article isn't to malign everyone who supports gun control: I'm sure there's some sincere and intelligent folks out there. Maybe even a few that know the basics of guns. I hope to meet one. If I find more than one, I'll dedicate an article to them. But this article is about the majority of gun-controllers, and how it's the 99% that give the rest a bad name. And this isn't about "gotcha" type gaffes, this is fundamental failure to understand what they're talking about. If you don't know how to hold a gun, what the parts are, proper terms, usage, history, or function, then they sure don't know how to make legislation to make things better. The results are what you'd expect if a primitive Melanesian tribe member (of the cargo cult fame), was elected to congress and put in charge of Airline Safety. But that's not really fair for Melanesian's, as at least they would be advocates for more cargo, and the congressional anti-gun folks are luddites preying on an even dumber constituency.
Now that's not to say they can't be intelligent and functioning human beings in other aspects of their lives. They might be quite smart and accomplished, as long as you don't touch the emotional hot-button topic of boomsticks (then their brains turn off). These are just a few of the many examples that cause informed gun owners such frustration.
- 1 Arthur Acevedo (D), John Marshall Law School, Chicago tribune
- 2 Jennifer Barringer (forensic expert)
- 3 Joe Biden (D) Vice President
- 4 Michael Bloomberg (D) NYC Mayor
- 5 CNN
- 6 Diana DeGette (D) Colorado Congresswoman
- 7 Kevin De Leon (D) - California Senator
- 8 Patricia Eddington (D) NY Assemblywoman
- 9 Diane Feinstein (D) Senator California
- 10 Whoopi Goldberg (D)
- 11 Jesse Jackson (D)
- 12 Gersh Kuntzman (D)
- 13 @Jennifer4130
- 14 Carolyn McCarthy (D) - NY Congresswoman
- 15 Terry McAuliffe (D) Governor of Virginia
- 16 Barack Obama (D) Ex-President
- 17 Nancy Pelosi (D) California Congresswoman
- 18 Bonnie Schaefer (D) DNC Platform Committee member
- 19 Louise Slaughter (D) - NY Congresswoman
- 20 Joe Salazar (D) Colorado State Representative
- 21 Sandy Sheedy (D) California councilwoman
- 22 Shannon Watts (D) Activist "Moms Demand Action"
- 23 Leland Yee (D) California State Senator
- 24 References
Arthur Acevedo (D), John Marshall Law School, Chicago tribune
Arthur Acevedo made a statement that any fact checker would have caught as moronic, if only the Chicago Tribune had any. And the school this activist professes for, should be shamed in proxy for not demanding a public apology for saying something so insultingly stupid. What did he say that was so dumb? "For safety: the first bullet in every cops gun should be a blank"
Um, a blank can not operate a semi-automatic weapon.
So ignoring that the guy doesn't understand how a gun works, we still get to the point where there are cases where the cop would have to shoot twice, while the criminal would only have to shoot once. This would end up with many cops dead. He may be willing to sacrifice cops lives, but I suspect they might disagree.
Plus, all cops would just learn to double-tap (shoot twice really quickly), because they know they can't trust the first round. That habit would transfer to other shots. Once that skill (muscle-memory) is burned in, you'd have MORE bullets fired, not fewer.
This does nothing to help public safety, the safety of cops, and you get dumber by just listening to the proposal.
Jennifer Barringer (forensic expert)
2016.07.09 ~ the smartest democrat they could find, "forensic expert Jennifer Lee Barringer" embarrassed herself on multiple places (Tru TV, Fox News, HLN, CBS and CNN) with absurd gun claims:
Fake claims included:
- You can guns at grocery stores in Texas - you can't
- Ban scopes, hunting rifles, and adapters - why?
- "Can add adapters to make the rifle shoot faster" - where can I get one?
- "rifle has a clip" - proper terminology is "removable magazine"
- "where your bullet doesn't have to be ejected between, like a single action rifle" - this is too dumb to explain. All bullets have to be ejected, almost all rifles are single action (single action means the trigger can't cock itself, then fire, it can only fire if the spring for the hammer is already cocked).
Joe Biden (D) Vice President
Vice President Joe Biden made this statement in an interview with Field & Stream's Anthony Licata, "Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15, because you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door". Someone's been watching too many cowboy westerns: it isn't going through a modern solid door, and you'd be breaking the law by doing it.
He later repeated it as a double barrel .12 gauge, and just fire two shots in the air. Only a few problems with this
- If you shoot the 2 shots with a double barrel, you are out of ammo and you can’t shoot the intruders
- shooting randomly into the air is unsafe
- shooting a warning shot may get you arrested and jailed (illegal in most cities)
- if there are 3 or more intruders (and you only have a double-barrell), you may not have enough rounds even if you haven’t fired indiscriminately into the air
- A 12 gauge may be too powerful for the person, an AR-15 or some other gun is easier (safer) to control (what know-nothing Joe was recommending against)
Michael Bloomberg (D) NYC Mayor
Michael Bloomberg, Mayor, Billionaire, Gun-Moron, who always has 5 armed bodyguards around him, shows he doesn't know the difference between Assault Weapon (invented term by gun controllers to confuse people (basically a regular semi-auto rifle that looks like an assault rifle) and Assault Rifle (fully automatic banned military hardware since 1930's). He goes on to show he doesn't know anything about rifles, pistols, or hunting. This is only one of hundreds of times he's demonstrated complete lack of understanding on the topic of guns, how they work, human nature, laws, the Constitution, and so on. I'm sometimes amazed he can operate dining room utensils without hurting himself.
CNN explains to us about guns for ants -- a .223mm is mighty small. (about 1/128th of an inch) -- it's either a .223 Caliber (how much of an inch across it is), or it's a 5.56mm. They also got wrong .9mm (9mm) and .22mm long rifle (22LR).
I think they only tried to add the "long rifle" to the slide because it sounded "scary". In truth, the 22LR is the weakest common rifle (or pistol) round you can use, though it sometimes comes in a 22-short variant for targets (that was popular decades ago), which is the only reason why they differentiate. But again, if CNN had fact checkers, they would have caught that.
To give you a sense of scale -- boxes of ammo may be 50-100 rounds (take someone else shooting, and you're probably going to go through 300 rounds), but many shooters buy cans (or bags) that come in 500 or 1,000 rounds bulk. So this maniac had enough ammo to go shooting 3 or 4 times with each gun. And dynamite fishing only once. Or as they'd say in Texas or Arkansas upon hearing of that stockpile, "Bubba's running a little low on ammo".
Diana DeGette (D) Colorado Congresswoman
Rep. Diana DeGette (D-Colorado) made this comment during an April 2 gun control forum in Denver confirming what gun owners already suspected: She doesn't know what she's talking about. Bullets go in magazines, they don't magically come from them. This wasn't just a gaffe, this is totally misunderstanding how everything works.
Kevin De Leon (D) - California Senator
California Senator Kevin De Leon rambles on about Ghost Guns, and rambles on all sorts of stuff he gets wrong:
- A rate of fire no gun has: 3o round magazine that can be shot within half a second
- 30 caliber clip: actually, it's .223 caliber
- 30 magazine clip: actually, it's a 30 round magazine, that gun doesn't have a clip, and no gun holds 30 of them at the same time. Videos mocking him.:
Patricia Eddington (D) NY Assemblywoman
Former Assemblywoman Patricia Eddington (D-NY), "Come on. This is crazy. … But some of these bullets have an incendiary device on the tip of it, … which is a heat seeking device. So you don’t shoot deer with a bullet that size. If you do, you could cook it at the same time"
Diane Feinstein (D) Senator California
Feinstein at a press conference. This photo is infamous in Gun-Advocate circles. Here's dimwit Diane, doing something that everyone who has any training on a gun, knows is bad, "Never put your finger on the trigger until you're ready to shoot".
You see this in Hollywood movies, and by people that have never used guns in real life (or have poor training or a lack of respect for those around them) -- they put their finger on the triggers. So Diane is blathering about how dangerous guns are, while behaving without callous disregard for those around her, and failing to follow the first rule of gun safety ("Trigger Discipline"). And if you know her background (about getting a Conceal and carry permit, while being an opponent of them for everyone else), it just makes it worse.
During a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on gun control, basically claiming her proposed semi-automatic weapons ban would finally make it illegal to hunt people. I think I know what she was trying to say, but that was a polemics lie that was even worse. So she's not just an insulting liar, but she's to dumb to do that right.
Feinstein was arguing with Ted Cruz and she got destroyed:
Cruz asked, "would she consider it constitutional for Congress to specify that the First Amendment shall apply only to the following books and shall not apply to the books that Congress has deemed outside the protection of the Bill of Rights?"
She went off tantrumed back:
- that he was being condescending, and while she wasn't a lawyer she'd been on this committee for 20 years - that didn't answer the question, and she was still wrong on the point.
- She said, "I've seen the bullets that implode" - physics don't allow them to do that
- She said, "youngsters were dismembered" (at Sandyhook) - they were not, and a AR-15 is not capable of doing that
- She says. "weapons of war," (fully automatics) - but those have been illegal since the 1930's
- She used fallacies like "Bazookas" - no one was discussing those
- She ranted on about what the Heller decision meant.
- Her followers and the media all cheered her on saying she really told Cruz off...only what she and her followers forgot was Ted Cruz, is not only a Lawyer, and a Constitutional Lawyer (unlike her), but he was the one that drafted the Amicus Brief that was used to argue in the Heller decision, that his argument won.
There's two views to that exchange, the ignorant folks that thought her visceral emotional rant carried the day. And the logical and informed folks that saw Cruz's point go unanswered, and an outclassed dimwit argue with a constitutional lawyer and the author of the very ruling she was trying to tell him supported her view, while he was patiently trying to explain that it most definitely did not.
During 1994 Feinstein authored the Clinton-Era Assault Weapons Ban and claimed it didn't go far enough in restricting firearms:
Feinstein explaining how when she dealt with threats on her life, how she was scared so she got a concealed permit and she carried all the time because she was going to shoot them before they shot her. But she wants to make sure we never have that same sense of security.
Whoopi Goldberg (D)
Don't get me started on these klatch of dim-wits on The View. But they're a good example of people in NY and Hollywood talking about shit they don't know the first thing about. Things like Whoopi saying "She Wants Automatic Weapons Banned"... only fully-automatic weapons have been banned since 1934. And if you don't know the difference between fully-automatic and semi-automatic guns, you shouldn't talk about either. Just avoid guns in general, since you'll just demonstrate a strong opinion based on complete ignorance of the topic.
Jesse Jackson (D)
2016.07.10 ~ Jesse Jackson: AK-47’s in Texas, ‘can bring down airplanes'
The dumb is strong with this one. Box cutters brought down 4 airplanes, should we outlaw them? While it might be theoretically possible if it was landing, and you got an impossibly lucky shot, to date, no commercial airplane in the U.S. has ever been brought down by small arms fire. Ever. The only practical way that’s happening is if you got one on-board, and used it to shoot the pilot, and that is already a few kinds of illegal.
Gersh Kuntzman (D)
2016.07.14 ~ Gersh Kuntzman fired a weapon and had a literary meltdown about how scary it was, and exaggerates (to comical levels) everything to do with the gun and his experience. Here’s the serious piece (that reads like satire to the informed) that shows everything wrong with gun controllers and scare-mongers:
- It felt to me like a bazooka, the recoil bruised my shoulder
- it sounded like a cannon. The explosions — loud like a bomb — gave me a temporary form of PTSD
- The brass shell casings disoriented me as they flew past my face
- The smell of sulfur and destruction made me sick
- Forty nine people can be gone in 60 seconds
- you can get a military-styled weapon in seven minutes in this country
Every one of those claims is laughably false. Here's counter-points to his delusion:
- Children fire the AR-15 because it has a spring loaded slide weight that absorbs the energy and makes it easier to shoot than many pistols.
- People fire it off their nose or genitals, and 9 and 10 year old girls can fire the gun with giggles and smirks.
- There is no such thing as “temporary PTSD” and you don’t get PTSD from firing a gun in a controlled environment
- These guns intentionally direct shells away from your face (not near them)
- And the reason 49 people died in Orlando wasn’t because it took 60 seconds, but because the police waited 3 hours to go in while 30-40 of those folks bled to death
- These are not military styled weapons (they aren’t fully automatic), they’re hunting rifles made in plastic to look/oerate like military weapons with accessory rails
So this guy became the butt of jokes and meme’s by anyone with a clue who has ever shot the most popular sport and hunting rifle in the U.S. (the AR variants).
When Kuntzman was shown that he was stupidly lying, instead of being mature and apologizing for his ridiculously embellished story that would have embarrassed Bryan Williams, Kuntzman doubled-down and claimed he was justified , and anyone that disagreed was just a gun-nut, and that he was the victim (instead of the perpetrator of an absurd set of lies).
This is an Internet (Twitter) celebrity "Jennifer Mom" who became popular in 2014 with #GunSense #NotOneMore hashtag campaigns. She's so dumb, it's hard to tell if she's a troll or not -- but her followers seem to take her seriously -- so even if she's not dumb, her followers appear to be buying it.
Her tweet about filing down the firing pin to make a gun fully automatic is classic Jennifer. All that would really do, is mean is that your gun can't fire at all. So either she's be trolled and is repeating something she heard or found (and is "uninformed"), or she's trolling people who are buying it (and are "easily led astray"). But the fact that so many people believe that she could be a sincere gun-control advocate sort of proves the point -- her lack of information both amuses and infuriates the gun-rights folks, while her followers dutifully retweet her drivel.
Carolyn McCarthy (D) - NY Congresswoman
Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY) has no clue what a “barrel shroud” is, although she wants to regulate it and the term is in her legislation. She was questioned about it, and the hest she can do is “it’s a shoulder thing that goes up.” It isn't (I think she's talking about a folding stock). A barrel shroud is a small plastic/wood/metal cover that surrounds the barrel to prevent burns when it heats-up under high rates of fire).
Terry McAuliffe (D) Governor of Virginia
The day after the Virginia Baseball shooting of Steve Scalise (et al), Terry McAuliffe got out there and made a plea about the "93 million Americans every day to gun violence". He repeated it. Then when challenged, he corrected it. Sorta. His numbers are out of date, and he's throwing in gun suicides (despite guns have no noticeable effect on suicides), defensive uses, legitimate police shootings, and so on.
Barack Obama (D) Ex-President
Obama says utterly retarded things like, "And then there’s a reality that there are neighborhoods around the country where it is easier for a 12 or 13-year-old to purchase a gun, and cheaper, than it is for them to get a book"
Has he ever heard of Amazon.com? How do you download a gun off the Internet?
Of course if it was true, it would only show the failure of gun control, since those neighborhoods would most likely be ones in Chicago and Detroit, where they have strict gun control. He's arguing against gun control, and isn't bright enough to realize he's saying, "It's not working, we need more of it!".
There's a whole Obama Gun Quotes section devoted to dumb things he's said.
I decomposed just one of his speeches at Obama fact-check on Guns, and frankly, got bored correcting all the lies, errors and a fraction of the omissions, just 1/4th of the way through it. If their best speaker, with the entire resources of the President, can't do better than this crap, then it's no wonder the informed ignore the gun-control advocates.
Nancy Pelosi (D) California Congresswoman
Nancy Pelosi, when asked about gun rights, Nancy Pelosi explained,
Ignoring that she confuses the 1st and 2nd Amendment and seems confused as to what the term "avow" actually means, the statement just gets dumber and more offensive:
- She says background checkers are popular among gun owners and hunters, they're not. And if they are, let's have them for voting or getting social services
- She wants to outlaw Assault Weapons... something that's already illegal
- She meant to say "Assault Rifles" (a made up term by progressives that means low powered rifles that look like Assault Weapons) -- but you can't outlaw assault rifles according to prior Supreme Court rulings, because those are the exact kind of arms that the 2nd was written to protect. She wouldn't be "avowing" the 2nd, she wants to violate it.
- And her blather about increased capacity doesn't make sense -- magazines are cheap to make and buy. You can print plans for your 3D printer. So what does outlawing them do?
In the end, everyone that listens to Pelosi gets dumber by proxy. And this wasn't in the top-10 of dumbest things said on the topic.
Bonnie Schaefer (D) DNC Platform Committee member
A Democratic National Platform Committee member (Bonnie Schaefer) said that no one should own a gun, “I really don’t personally think anyone should have a gun, I mean that’s just my own — you know — philosophy. Nothing is ever solved when you have a gun in your hand, except the worst possible scenario”. Yup, the worst possible scenario is you weren't raped, murdered or assaulted while waiting for the cops to arrive.
Louise Slaughter (D) - NY Congresswoman
13-term congresswoman Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-New York) blamed the Second Amendment for violent crime, saying "Americans aren't safe anywhere" and gun control "has to be done" to protect citizens from themselves and their constitutionally guaranteed individual right to own a firearm.
Then she made one of the dumbest quotes since Maxine Waters learned to speak:
Joe Salazar (D) Colorado State Representative
Rep. Joe Salazar with regards to why women on campus shouldn't use a gun to stop rape:
I'm OK with a woman shooting someone trying to rape her. In fact, I'm sort of a fan of it. It would likely cut down on rapes more than whistles and call boxes.
Sandy Sheedy (D) California councilwoman
Sandy Sheedy, a city councilwoman from Sacramento, seems to believe that you can be shot by an unloaded gun.
Shannon Watts (D) Activist "Moms Demand Action"
Head of Moms Demand Action (Shannon Watts) explains: https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/statuses/396363030277414912
There were guns in the 1600's that exceeded that rate of fire, by a lot.
Leland Yee (D) California State Senator
Democrat State Senator from California, Leland Yee Talks about not having Assault Weapons in the Hands of the People, right before he gets arrested for illegal arms trafficking (selling both illegal guns and rocket launchers, from an Islamic Terrorist organization).
- Trigger warning — sarcastic example of what gun controllers sound like to the informed: https://www.facebook.com/MattWalshBlog/videos/1388304541202652/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED
- Clips of famous gun-controllers blabbing about things that are unintelligible to gun owners, "Assault ammunition clips": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNjdlJxanmQ&app=desktop