2020 Biden Win Upsides
Trump won, but I'm calling it for Biden/Harris. Trump didn't win by enough that the left won't steal the election from him (or at least undermine America), like they did to Nixon and tried to with Bush, and don't get me started on Tammany Hall, JFK, Johnson and FDR. But a Biden Win isn't all bad - the democrats win the little victories but lose the war:
- We've survived horrible Democrat administrations before (FDR, Jackson, Johnson, JFK, Wilson, Obama, Carter), and we will again. Democrats they always fed backlashes against themselves. If you want Republicans to win in the future, just give Democrats what they asked for today. So this isn't the end, but it could be the end of the Democrats at least for a generation that is exposed to what Democrats have to offer.
- Nobody informed will buy the mainstream media again. Any right-wing blog or News source offered more accurate predictions than NYT, CNN or WaPo. Citizen journalism thrives as the Mainstream Media keeps shooting their credibility in the face. Nate Silver is once again shown as the sports-clown, well out of his league in politics, that he's always been. Polls will never be trusted by anyone but rubes and democrats. That means people will have to think for themselves, instead of trusting the media/polls to tell them what to think.
- Big Tech may have pushed too far, and are starting to get the retaliation they have earned.
- If Republicans hold the Senate, closed in the house, gained in states, this will be a relatively minor victory and they just aren't going to get much done. (They can't stack the Supreme Court, or add DC and Puerto Rico as a way to stack the Senate, as long as Republicans hold the Senate). And there's some serious downsides for the left
- Trump won bigly with intelligent Blacks and Latinos, not to mention blue collar working stiffs. I don't know if Trump comes back in 2024, or he just goes on to be like Obama the heckler -- only with his own TV Station. But some of his recipe will remain. Take on the media head-on! Don't cave to cancel culture and the left. His coalition shows that conservatives are willing to put up with some of the same coarseness from their side as the left has always tolerated. And he was more diverse in 2020 than in 2016 -- more blacks, latinos, asians and women. That shows that even the disenfranchised are waking up to how bad the dems are. Over time, that's going to leave a mark.
- The DNC has alienated all but coastal elites and urban/suburban rubes who want free shit and identity politics. But their coalition is so fractured, that it can't survive for long -- their interests beyond undermining American interests are just too misaligned to hold for long. Joe and Kamala in the same administration divides them further. If Joe is the progressive puppet, they alienate the sane Democrats to avoid the 25th Amendment coup. But if he has a backbone and pretends to be a moderate, then the Kamala faction will be outraged. They want both extremes and they can't have them both at the same time.
- What Democrats pass won't be enough for their progressive wing, and what they do pass will be a disaster, so either way they earn resentment. If the economy doesn't do gang busters under the Senile Joe and Comrade Kamala's dictates (and odds are it won't), we may see a bigger shift that dissolves the DNC as a working organization. Democrats can't hide from what they own. So the odds of Republicans taking the house in 2022 and Presidency in 2024 are high. The odds that this burns down the Marxist Sex-worker as the future of the DNC is high. And that burns down the AOC faction as they rip the mask off the Democratic Fascist wing of the progressive party. I don't know how the Democrats survive in middle America with a fake African American Marxist as the best they have to offer.