The CDC's main goal is to protect public health and safety through the control and prevention of disease, injury, and disability in the US and internationally. You know, like pandemics (COVID), from depression and death caused by over-reactions to it (shutdowns), and things like that?
COVID CDC & FDA - The CDC's main goal is to protect public health from things like Global Pandemics (COVID). The FDA's is around drugs, treatments and medical instruments. Both screwed up epically around COVID:
- They trusted/repeated the WHO and China's numbers, which overstated deaths and understated cases -- as an agency they aren't there to rubber stamp what Communists tell them, but to validate them. By believing those numbers -- the CDC assumed the death rate was high and the contagion was low of SARS-COV-2, which meant they failed to respond in a competent way.
- They repeated the WHO in saying that we shouldn't be wearing masks, which let the contagion spread faster/further than it would have, and FDA blocked "non-authorized" masks from being made/distributed until overridden.
- When testing started, they added a 3rd component to the test, which was tainted and gave false positives. The FDA refused to let private labs produce without that 3rd tainted component -- and it delayed American testing scale up.
- They encouraged "Shelter-in-place" to cause economic ruination (depression and loss of life) without evidence that it was materially better than Social Distancing or more moderate and less harmful measures.
- The CDC encourage (and the Government incentivizes) Hospitals to overstate COVID cases.