COVID Study - Diamond Princess
One of the first pieces of data we had was on the cruise ship Diamond Princess (2020.02.01). 20% (712) of the people on board (3,711) caught COVID, and 14 died. Despite cruisers being way more elderly than average population, 18% were asymptomatic, and it had a 1.1% CFR (Case Fatality rate), not the 3.8% that China, WHO and CDC was telling people. 2 months later Fauci was still telling people the CFR was likely about 2%, when we knew it was half that for high-risk elderly people.
There were other cruise ships too: Wikipedia: 2020 coronavirus pandemic on cruise ships
- Ruby Princess: 852 cases: 21 dead
- Celebrity Apex: 224 cases: 0 dead
- Costa Atlantica: 148 cases: 0 dead
- Greg Mortimer: 128 cases: 1 dead
- Grand Princess: 122 cases: 7 dead