Look, I watch HBO for Game of thrones, and that's it. I only turn it on for that 6-8 weeks, then it's gone. The reason is while they do a few shows that I liked (Sopranos, Game of Thrones, Silicon Valley), I've always felt it's a bit overpriced for the usage.... but more than that, their obnoxious politicization of TV isn't worth my time. I watch TV for either entertainment or education (information) -- HBO spends way too much time funding liberal disinformation or advocacy shows. So even when they run a good one, I'm reluctant to subsidize all the shit they produce: they've destroyed their brand with many libertarians, moderates or conservatives by being so blatantly one-sided.
HBO : 3 items
The Newsroom -
The Final Year - HBO propaganda film on how great Obama was, called "The Final Year" and was total puffery. You probably shouldn't do many documentaries on people while they're still alive. (Too many people are more biased when they can be help accountable, and all the truths haven't leaked out). But this is especially true when done by water carriers like anyone at HBO. It's like watching a Reagan Documentary done by Breitbart: I'm sure there's some interesting parts (and some truths), but it certainly wouldn't be the whole truth -- and I find Brietbart a lot more intellectually honest than HBO. Crap like this is why I give HBO as little of my money as possible.
Biased Programming (HBO) - Some names of far-left view of the world on HBO include:
- Sex and the City aka feminists behaving badly
- Girls aka a ruder/younger version of Sex and the City
- Last Week Tonight with John Oliver a rip off of The Daily Show, for lower IQ slackers than the Comedy Central crowd
- Looking - pro-gay propaganda
- The Newsroom - anti-conservative propaganda
- Real Time with Bill Maher - anti-conservative propaganda
- Big Love - anti-Mormon/Polygamy propaganda
- Game Change - anti-conservative and anti-Sarah Palin hit piece
- Recount - propaganda about the Bush election recount
- Entourage - celebrating black hip-hop culture that has decimated the inner city
- K Street, The Fence, When the Levees Broke, By the People: The Election of Barack Obama, and so on
- every obnoxious far-left Comedian gets an HBO special... few of the conservative ones.
- Then there's the fact that HBO started Comedy Central and the Comedy Channel, which turned out to be far left propaganda mills.
It might be coincidence that Hillary and Barack Obama initials are their call letters, but it's no coincidence that 90% of what they runs caters to the young and far left: it's a programming decision. If they were 60/40 or even a modicum closer to the center, I could plug my nose and watch -- but they aren't. So while there are worse outlets out there (Brave New Films is an example of all far-left disinformation production house), HBO still puts their money and support behind way too many bad far-left flicks for me to support them more than I have to.