The Media and the FBI completely misled the public on what happened with Pulse Nightclub shooting (50 deaths) and Omar Mateen. Virtually everything the media lead the public to believe was wrong.
- Media narrative: Didn't mention islamic terrorism, Mateen did a hate crime when he chose a gay nightclub because of either homosexual or homophobic tendencies. He went with an AR-15 and was just another right wing intolerant radical.
- Facts: the FBI lied to the court and pressured his low-IQ wife (Salman) to sign a false confession. Mateen was a registered democrat, his dad was an FBI informant for 15 years, the FBI had investigated him twice for making terrorist threats, but they didn't want to jeopardize their relationship with his dad. He Pulse based on low security (it being a gun-free zone), not anti-Gay agenda. While on the phone with the FBI he said multiple times this was about Islamic Extremism and the U.S. policy against Islam (wars in Iraq and Syria). He didn't use an AR-15 but a MCX (totally different gun). And one of the reasons why so many people died, was because it took the police 2 hours and 30 minutes to take him out, while people bled to death.
If you don't think gun-control advocates are politicizing things and standing on the graves of the victims for political gain, look at the facts with regards to the latest shooting (Omar Mateen and Pulse shooting):
- The FBI got in trouble for suppressing evidence
- Mateen publicly claimed to be part of ISIL or Al Queda and repeatedly railed against U.S.'s actions in Iraq and Syria.
- Mateen had looked at other clubs first (not Pulse) but their security was too high, so he picked Pulse (at random, from a google search that was, "nightclubs in Orlando"), and selected it based on low security (it being a gun-free zone) -- not based on any anti-Gay agenda.
- After an initial 10 minute volley, the cops arrived and Mateen barricaded himself in a bathroom with hostages. The police didn't go in, treating it as hostage situation instead of active shooter (while people were bleeding to death). Another 20 minutes later SWAT arrived and they got some of the dying people (not in the bathroom) out and medical help. But it was 2 hours and 30 minutes before they took out Mateen while many more went from living to dead. At least 5 are credited as dead because of the slow police response.
- Mateen had called 911 multiple times as well as News 13 of Orlando, texted his wife, and in all of this explained his motives: which was Islamic extremism.
- after multiple warnings to take domestic threats seriously, we have a series of escalating attacks and warnings and Obama does the only thing he can, he tells us that Climate Change is a bigger threat to our safety than terrorism, 23 different times, and wants to pay $55B to resettle 10,000 Syrian Refugees that the FBI admits we can't adequately vet, and calls anyone that disagrees 'racists'
- after Mateen openly makes threatening remarks and claims ties to terrorist (based on his Afghan heritage and hate for America's bombings over there), a few times, so multiple coworkers report him to the FBI. He also had ties to Moner Abu-Salha who becomes the first American suicide bomber in Syria: the FBI investigates and interviews him and finds nothing
- A few days before the attack a Gun store won't sell ammo and body armor to Mateen, and calls and warns the FBI directly, nothing happened
- Mateen's wife drives him to case places for his mass murder and doesn't call and report it
- Mateen belongs to Fundamental Islamic Knowledge Seminary that openly preaches against the gay community
- Moments before the attack Mateen Facebooks "You kill innocent women and children by doing us airstrikes... now taste the Islamic state vengeance",
- During the attack he goes outside, calls 911, gives his full name, pledges allegiance to ISIS, references Boston Marathon bombers Dzhokhar and Tamerlan Tsarnaev (may have gotten more ammo), and goes back inside to kill more people
- ISIS takes credit and claims responsibility for the shooting
- Cops let this rampaging fanatic run wild for 3 hours, while victims are bleeding out (easily doubling the death toll)
- The foreign media immediately calls it what it is, "America's Paris Attacks", "Terrorism hits America" and so on
- The President the Democrats and the media (but I repeat myself), can't figure out what his motives could possible be. To them, the obvious problem, and only failure, was of the NRA and Republicans blocking gun control -- they focus on that, and the gay angle (or Mateen's sexuality), instead of the failures of the President's polices or the FBI and Cops that turned this sad event into a catastrophe.
- The Press reports this as the biggest mass murder in American history -- it isn't close, in fact nearly as many die and more are wounded every month in strict gun-control and Democrat controlled Chicago. If you want a list of bigger mass murders that our illustrious Press forget about and has no competent fact checkers or editorial staff to remind them of. Of course since many of these were done by the Government guns, they don't count :
* Wounded Knee Massacre in 1890 (250). * Mountain Meadows Massacre in 1857 (120) * Tulsa Massacre in 1921 (150) * The Bath School disaster in 1918 (45 kids dead and 58 injured) long before assault rifles (explosives and fire) * Waco in 1993 (86) - fire and guns * Oklahoma City Bombing retaliation to Waco/Ruby Ridge (168) * 3,500 in NYC/World Trade Center (with box-cutters and planes