Pronounced “par-lay” (not parlor) was set up in 2018 as another free speech alternative to Twitter.
- In 2019 it was tiny with 100K users. But after getting some high profile celebrities kicked off Twitter for not being Marxist enough, and landing there, it started to build a real audience -- going from a few thousand downloads to hundreds of thousands a month (#1 in the App Stores and stayed there) and 500K active users in mid 2020. Growth Curve.
- Social Networks are the sum of their audience, and they're mostly attracting those kicked off other platforms: so a bit heavy on the anti-PC stuff labelled as Hate Speech (Anti-Semitism, anti-feminist or anti-Trans/LGBTQ), but as FB and Twitter got more hostile to conservatives, Parler was getting a more diverse audience and getting much better.
- After Digital Kristallnacht in 2021 where the fascist left tech companies de-platformed tens of thousands of conservatives; they were flocking to Parler and activity, accounts and downloads exploded. They had reached a critical mass.
- Since fascists aren't happy with people having anywhere to disagree with them -- the Tech Oligarchs attacked in unison to destroy any outlet that conservatives might have to find a voice (kicking them off Google Play, Apple's App Store, Amazon's AWS service pulled their hosting, and any other service they used yanked them as well, using the made-up pretense that they were uniquely dangerous because virtually all of the threats and coordination around the Capitol Hill Violence (basically a protest that got out of hand) was done on Twitter and FB (not Parler).
- Non-fascists are flocking to MeWe and Gab instead.
- 2021.01.07 Digital Kristallnacht -- the tech companies united to attack the President of the United States, and the Constitutional Freedoms (First Amendment) by kicking Donald Trump (President) off of Twitter, Facebook, and denying him access to public services, because they don't like him or conservative politics. The Parler attack was phase two of their diabolical plan to control what Americans can see or share, by trying to take out the most viable alternative to their information/Social Media hegemony.
- 2021.01.08 Google booted Parler (the #1 Social Media App) from Google Play, based on it having less to do with the Capitol Hill Violence than Twitter, Facebook or Android Phones 
- 2021.01.08 Apple gives 24 hour warning that they're going to do the same from the Apple App Store, based on similar dirty rationalization, and 01.09 they remove them from the App Store.
- 2021.01.08 Amazon (AWS) is the #1 web hosting service -- and they give Parler 24 hours to move petabytes of data to another cloud. And on midnight of 01.09 they shut the company down. 
- 2021.01.10 Virtually all their vendors (and their Lawyers) notify Parler, on the same day, that they're being dropped from being allowed to use them as a service, on equally shoddy justifications beyond the Woketolitarians demanded it, or they fear the Biden administration if they don't. 
- This was a coordinated attack. It doesn't really matter if they conspired to do this in advance, or they all copied the leader -- that's still an anti-competitive attack
- Amazon (AWS) is especially evil in this. They are in the business of providing data services. To attack a customer/client with the most brutal timing (after a serious hit by others), no good justification, give them the minimum grace period, and to intentionally try to inflict the most damage possible? No sane business should ever rely on Amazon AWS for their cloud services: run, don't walk away -- it is just a matter of time before some shoddy excuse to destroy you might percolate to the top.
- IAAS (Infrastructure as a Service) took a major hit. Library/technology and even legal providers all either colluded with or cow-towed to the fascists, which completely undermined trust in the entire segment of the business. No company that can afford to develop their own, can afford to trust their business to such back-handed dirty dealers. I hope we get a list of each and every vendor as a huge blacklist of whose services should never, ever be relied on.
Capitol Violence as Justification
While "they started it", or conning the rubes into giving up their rights for an existential threat is the norm for Progressives/Fascists throughout history, we know better. This protest was a yawner. The threat was a nothingburger -- and the riots demanders were just the outragious idea that an election be audited (something Democrats have done for every Republican election for the last two decades. This was a political hit job that used a protest as an excuse to silence the millions of users that wanted to be out from Big Tech (Google, Apple, Twitter, Facebooks) control. 
Was the Capitol Hill Violence exceptional threat to justify a fascist overreaction? Nope.
The histrionics about this being a coup or insurrection is just prestidigitation by radical left. Sure, there was a a smaller handful that wanted that (or to have Pence tried for treason) than the average city council meeting in a Democrat controlled city. But the point of the march was about getting illegal votes audited, and revolution/overthrow of the government was never happening. And if this is the standard for treason/insurrection, that makes every Antifa/BLM rally worse -- and they were often funded and bailed out by prominent Democrats (like Kamala Harris).
Proof that it's bullshit is that they went on to claim this was a racist/white supremacist march -- the left's go-to attempt to silence the other side. Again, while I don't doubt a couple douchebags were in a crowd of ≈800,000 -- the ratio was lower than in BLM, or on the cast/crew at an MSNBC show. Democrats and their media are using that to distract their useful idiots from the reality that this was a nothing-burger -- and they're trying to use this as an opportunity to purge the other side under the excuse of an insurrection that they encouraged, every step of the way. (By defrauding an election, refusing to give them standing, removing security before a protest they knew was coming, etc).
The Democrats/left and their media is cheering on the idea of eliminating conservatives (and their organizations) from participating in work, sports, technology, Universities, and so on.
They are trying to drive intolerant woke activism into every aspect of American life, and to drive out and polarize us into ever different Americas: one for the right and another for the left. How they imagine this doesn't lead to civil war is beyond me. So this is either intent or incompetence.