Q: Why do I do this?
A: Because it’s there
Life is too short to cave in to ignorance or misinformation. Writing gives me peace. It gives me an excuse to research and question and refine. Teaching others, can teach yourself (if you’re open to questioning everything, and being your own devil’s advocate).
My beliefs stem from trying to balancing conflicting truths:
- Confucianism believes that we have philosophical obligation to contribute to (and fit in with) our society.
- George Bernard Shaw said, “The reasonable man adapts to society. The unreasonable man expects society to adapt to him. Therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men.”
- Taoism is the idea of harmony and balances in life; that there are many tradeoffs, and that you should work with nature and not against it.
I believe in trying to fit in to society, while improving and challenging what’s wrong, and finding the balances. It doesn’t matter if I can change the world; the important thing is to try to improve it, without disrupting to revolution or imprisonment. To pull towards truth. To tolerate everything but the intolerable. To leave the world a better place than when I came into it. Not just by successes, but by the effort and influences.
|Elephants in the room
Why do I talk sex, politics, religion, ethics, race, and so on? Because it's there! It makes us better as individuals and society, to rub against each other, abrade each other, smooth off the rough edges, and learn to tolerate each other and grow. Two rocks in the tumbler, that don't necessarily like the experience, but come out smoother and more polished because of it.
|History of this site
This is the history of how this website evolved -- from simple origins in hand-coded HTML in 1995, to my own content managers, to workpress and now Wikipedia's engine. As well as how this went from a MacAdvocacy page, to the jumble of articles and politics that it had become.
Watch me cover my butt.
(1) Entire site is © Copyright 1997 - 2018 iGeek.
(2) For non commercial use, you can quote me or use snippets and articles, if you link back to the source (here).
(3) For commercial use, get permission.
(4) All companies own their respective names, logos, (tm), (c), (r), and other stuff mentioned.
(5) If you hurt yourself while reading my pages, or attempting any of the stunts mentioned therein, then that is your own damn fault.
(6) Any resemblances to people or sites living, dead or undead, are simply by accident.
- A short summary of experiences I've had, that makes me who I am. Understanding through anecdotes.