2019.02.15 MAGA hat Illegal
Woman (Rosiane Santos) assaults man (Bryton Turner) at a Mexican Restaurant (Casa Vallarta) for wearing a MAGA hat... is asked to leave by cops, refuses, gets arrested. Turns out once fingerprinted, she's an illegal immigrant from Brazil, who also committed a DUI (on a prior occasion) and is now on the path to deportation.
Turner told the Howie Carr Show:
- Turner, “The minute I walked in and sat down, the woman [Santos] said, ‘What does your hat say, what does your hat say?’"
- He showed her.
- She goes, ‘Why would you wear that here?’
- Turner said, 'It’s America and I can wear this hat wherever I want.'”
- Santos knocked his hat off several times, instructed the bartender to poison his drink. The bartender phoned 911; police arrested Santos when she defied their order to leave.
- Santos told Boston25 that she was the victim, saying: “I had a little bit to drink maybe that’s the reason that I couldn’t walk away but being discriminated for so many times in my life, I just had to stand up for myself. He’s not a victim. I am the victim. I have been bullied, OK?”
A good point in the HotAir article was that since a man was attacked for his ideological beliefs, where is the ACLU on this, defending against this hate crime? Silence is a signal: not all ideological beliefs are equal any more for far left organizations like the ACLU.