Dems on Foreign Pressure
To hear Democrats tell it, by Trump asking Ukraine to investigate abuse of power by an America, is the same as pressuring them to do so. They would never do that. Other than: FDR (1940), Carter (1976), Carter (1980), Kennedy (1980), Kennedy (1983), Tip O'Neill (1984), Bill Clinton and Boris Yeltsin (1996), Hillary and Uranium One (2005-2016), Obama & Medvedev (2012), Joe and Hunter Biden (2014-), Obama Iran (2015), Obama Ukraine (2016), Obama, Hillary & the Steele Dossier (2016), Biden/Kerry pressured no Snowden asylum, just to name a few of the more public times. But other than that, they would never do it.
Examples: DNCCollusion : 14 items
1940 FDR Collusion - In 1940 FDR conspired with British Intelligence to create disinformation campaigns about Republican opponents to help get himself re-elected.
1976 Carter Russian Collusion - During the 1976 election, the Soviets suggested, "they could... affect the outcome of the election so as to favor Carter."
1980 Carter Russian Collusion - During the 1980 election against Ronald Reagan, Carter lobbied for the Soviet Union to let "Jewish 'refuseniks' emigrate to Israel" in order to strengthen his standing in important states, but the Soviets rebuffed him.
1980 Ted Kennedy - In 1980 Sen. John Tunney (D-CA), at the behest of his friend Ted Kennedy, lobbied the Soviet Union "to sabotage Jimmy Carter's foreign policy efforts," as this was during Kennedy's primary challenge against Carter in 1980. One 1980 document stated that Kennedy offered to condemn President Carter’s policy toward the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan in exchange for KGB help. News accounts of that period prove that Kennedy did, in fact, openly criticize Carter's Afghanistan policy.
1983 Ted Kennedy - Since the first time he colluded with Russia didn't work, in 1983, his campaign tried again. Kennedy directly reached out to the Soviet Union and asked the Russians to help weaken Ronald Reagan's foreign policy (and undermine him in 1984 election), even going as far as offering to set up television interviews in America in order to make the Soviets come across as more "peaceful."
1984 Tip O'Neill - O’Neill told the Soviet Union’s ambassador to the United States (Anatoly Dobrynin), “that it was in everyone’s best interests if the Soviets would help the Democrats keep ‘that demagogue Reagan’ from being re-elected.”
1996 Bill Clinton quid pro quo - Bill tried to quid pro quo deal with Russian President Boris Yeltsin by sending a memo that he would give Yeltsin "positive" U.S. policies toward Russia, *if* Yeltsin's cleared up the poultry dispute... since 40% of chicken comes from Arkansas (and would help him with donors and the election).
2005 Hillary and Uranium One - Starting in 2005, Hillary was involved in Uranium One: where she and her Husband got fat payouts after Hillary was involved in selling Uranium rights to Russia. The defenders claim, "oh, she was only one of many on the panel". But that doesn't change she was an influential advocate for the Russians, and benefitted greatly and personally from them: complete quid pro quo.
2012 Obama and Russia - Obama was allied with Russia and colluded with them against American interests on many occasions:
- There was the Uranium One, Reset Button, the Steele Pee Pee Dossier, spying on the Trump campaign, and other Hillary fiascos starting in 2009
- In an infamous hot-mic incident (2012), Barack Obama said to Dmitry Medvedev, the Russian president at the time: "After my election I have more flexibility". Medvedev told Obama, "I will transmit this information to Vladimir, and I stand with you." Putin proceeded to take advantage of Obama's "flexibility" with his invasion of Crimea and calling the shots in Syria. Obama's flexibility seems to be in bending over.
- Despite hard evidence of hacking on many other occasions, on weaker evidence and after 7 years and 11 months of Obama carrying Russia's water and not having any interest in Russian hacking of elections (and in fact sent out directives trying to cool the investigation until after the election), then in his last month in office, Obama suddenly got tough on Russia and Hacking. It's almost like he wanted to sabotage relations for the next guy.
2014 Joe and Hunter Biden - In 2014 Hunter Biden (Joe's son), with no prior experience in Gas, Politics or Government Policy, joined the board of Burisma Holdings (the largest natural gas producer in Ukraine) for a fat fee of $50K/month, over the concerns of conflict of interest by the Obama Administration. Joe Biden was caught on tape bragging about how he demanded Ukraine to immediately fire the country's top prosecutor, Viktor Shokin, who was overseeing an investigation into Burisma (his Sons company), or he would withhold $1B in American Aid to Ukraine, and they fired him. His Son also did the same thing in China, and got an even fatter payout, which Joe Biden was also overseeing relations with. The defenses are that while they did collude/pressure Ukraine, others were as well, and the investigation was mostly dormant and not really about Hunter... but those are all benefits of the doubt the left/media/Dems would never give the right/Trump. If interference is a crime, then this is a crime. If it isn't, then Trump is innocent. Trump asked for Ukraine to investigate whether there was any impropriety, that is all: and that's not criminal. But it was enough to start Russiagate II, with Democrats demanding impeachment for the high crime of investigating more blatant wrongdoing by Joe than Trump has ever been caught in.
2015 Obama and Iran - Nobody worked with against our interests more than Obama. He wanted the Iran Nuclear Deal to offer some credence of success so:
- His Treasury Department secretly issued a special license allowing Tehran to convert $6 billion in Omani rials to dollars — a violation of still-in-force US sanctions. The deal fell apart only because US banks, with “better legal and moral sense than the Obama Treasury” refused to participate. Still, this was “subterfuge and secrecy objectively aimed at enriching an enemy of the United States” — in other words, “collusion.”
- Project Cassandra was tracked cocaine trafficking to the U.S. to Hezbolla's financing, and was ready to make arrests. But the Obama Justice Department got wind, obstructed the investigation, then tore the whole effort down, because it might interfere with the 2015 Iran nuclear deal that Obama wanted. That's covertly helping enemies of the U.S. and Israel, against our interests, AKA “collusion.”
2016 Obama Asked Ukraine to investigate Manifort - Way back in 2016 Obama asked Ukraine to investigate Paul Manifort. (This is what they're trying to impeach Trump for doing in Ukrainegate)
2016 Obama, Hillary and the Russian "pee-pee" Dossier - James Comey, John McCain, etc.) leaked it to the Press. The Obama administration intelligence agencies, then used that discredited dossier (and the FakeNews) to lie to the FISA Courts, to get illegal warrants, to spy on Trump administration officials, illegally unmasking Americans (leaking their names, details), and then obstructing justice when investigating what happened. Then when Trump legally fired James Comey, at the recommendation of the FBI's ethics investigation for gross incompetence, leaking documents and perjuring himself, the DNC and their media used that to call for investigation into Trump for collusion and obstruction, and for denying he did anything wrong. After winning a Pulitzer Prize for perpetuating the lie, it took FakeNews outlets like NYT over 3 years to quietly admit their mistake in perpetuating this fraud, all along. (The Prize was not rescinded since the truth takes a back seat to the agenda). Everything the Democrats accused the Trump Administration of, Hillary actually did.
Foreign Countries Pressured to not give Snowden Asylum -