The purpose of this article isn't to malign everyone who supports gun control: I'm sure there's some sincere folks who know the basics of guns. Someday I'll meet one. But this article is about the other: the ones with strong opinions made well before basic understanding of what they have an opinion on, and to help understand why some gun advocates have learned complete and utter contempt for gun controllers: it's the 99% that give the rest a bad name.
The is the best and brightest of the gun controllers. Gun Control : 50 items
Battle of Athens - A particularly ignorant anti-2A argument goes, "the military has tanks and nukes, what do you think you would do against that?" It's moronic on several levels, as armed rebellion is rare, but the military often defects as well. But if they had a clue and remembered things like the Civil War, or various rebellions to change policies (even civil rights was a bit of a rebellion). Most of all was an example of when armed rebellion by civilians has been used in America as recently as 1946 and the Battle of Athens, to overthrow a corrupt local government (Democrat E. H. Crump's political machine). Which is why Democrats want gun-control so badly, so that people can't rise up against their tyranny.
Newsweak blows Gun Control argument - Newsweek's Asher Stockler quotes a University of Michigan study on gun-death rates and misrepresents the facts that, the only two states that saw decrease in firearm mortality rates, were strict gun control, California, New York, and DC. Unfortunately for them, Nevada, Arizona, Hawaii, Rhode Island, and Connecticut all saw decreases as well. And NV, AZ both have constitutional carry and very 2A-friendly laws. Also Massachusetts, New Jersey and Illinois are strict gun control states and they saw a big increases in the gun death rates (>20%), far more than other gun friendly states. And if you glance beyond the surface, in most of the states that saw increases, that increase is due to an uptrend in suicides (not murder or crimes), and suicide rates went up faster than gun suicide rates. So the point is enact gun control and have your suicide and gun deaths go up? Or is it just that leftist outlets like Newsweek lie to their readers.
@Jennifer4130 - Internet/Twitter Celebrity (Jennifer Mom) - became popular in 2014 with #GunSense #NotOneMore hashtag campaigns. She's so dumb, it's hard to tell if she's a troll or not -- but her followers seem to take her seriously -- so even if she's not dumb, her followers appear to be buying it. Her tweet about filing down the firing pin to make a gun fully automatic is classic Jennifer. Along with AR stands for assault rifle (it means Armalite), and a dozen other things. All that would really do, is mean is that your gun can't fire. Gun owners link her stuff: to mock her and her audience. But the fact that so many people follow her both amuses and infuriates the gun-cluefull folks, while her followers dutifully retweet her drivel.
Arthur Acevedo -
A blank can not operate a semi-automatic weapon. It's not that Acevedo made a bone-headed mistake that a few 9 year olds would know better. It's that we have University professors and Chicago Tribune writers, who don't know the first thing about the basic operations of a weapon, or impacts of a policy, and that qualifies them in their minds (and the publications) to comment as an expert, and forgo the fact checking.
Australian Fires -
- The latest 50 years are wetter than the prior 50.
- 40% of fires are deliberately lit and 47% accidental: thus 87% are not Climate but manmade.
- 183 people have been arrested for lighting 103 of the bushfires over the last few months.
- Australia's firebug problem scaled up after gun confiscation (or in spite of gun control) and new poor land management polices.
Hey Climate, you're doing it wrong. The truth is that it's more a consequence of Gun Control (crime control) and poor land management.
Bernie on Gun Control - Bernie Sanders is ipecac to high IQ voters, especially on economics or guns. His latest Gun ideas come straight from Bloombergs everytownUSA or moms demand inaccuracy. His 4 point plan of the illiterate is: (1) We have Universal background checks and they don't work. (2) gun show loophole is an imaginary thing being used as an excuse to violate the right to privacy (3) Assault weapons are a made-up term over banning cosmetic features that don't impact rate or power (4) His imagined "Straw-man" provision, which is already against the law.
Biden on Guns - “150 million people have been killed since 2007,” Biden declared... or about half the U.S. population? His campaign claimed that it was a 150 thousand (not million), but that's sort of an exaggeration that misses the point. According to the CDC about 80% of those were gang violence, and since gangs smuggle drugs, they can easily smuggle guns -- thus gun control can't impact those rates in any material way. Filter out those, and we're suddenly talking about 2,100 of the 2.5 millions deaths per year in the U.S.
Bonnie Schaefer - DGU (Defensive Gun Use) where they stopped a crime or saved a life with a gun. That's the worst possible scenario she can imagine.
Booker on Gun Laws - Cory isn't just ignorant about everything else, he's profoundly ignorant on Guns and Gun Laws. So much so, that he doesn't even recognize how little he knows. He claims there are loopholes like, no fly lists, gun show loophole, and so on. Those aren't loopholes, those are called rights that he wants to violate like due process, free commerce and so on.
British Media and 5 inch guns -
CBS on Guns - AR-15 Bullets and how they were more dangerous than other bullets: they aren't. If they had a fact checker on staff, they'd know that.
CNN Gun Control - CNN Gun Control - CNN's anti-liberty (Anti-2A) biases, and their lack of competent fact checkers. Piers Morgan deserves special mention as a gun-incompetent expert for CNN, regularly getting schooled by guests. Everyone makes mistakes. But the example image shows a screen cap with the kind of consistently bad slop that comes to define CNN when it comes to guns. I have yet to see CNN gun-reporting that wasn't mockworthy. Some examples:
- They don't even know the difference between caliber and millimeter (pretty basic stuff).
- 0.223mm is about 1/128th of an inch. It is either a .223 Caliber (how much of an inch across it is), or it's a 5.56mm.
- They also got wrong 0.9mm (9mm) and .22mm long rifle (22LR).
- I think they only tried to add the "long rifle" because it sounded "scary". In truth, the 22LR is the weakest common rifle or pistol round you can get. (Though the .22 short was first created in 1857 for kids to learn to shoot paper with).
- To give you a sense of scale on 2,000 rounds: boxes are 50-100 rounds, bulk is 500-1,000 rounds (5-10 boxes). The average person shoots a few boxes every time they practice. So this maniac had enough ammo to go shooting 3 or 4 times with each gun. In Texas or Arkansas upon hearing of that stockpile, their first thought would be, "Bubba's running bone dry on ammo".
That isn't the first time they've been stupid or dishonest about guns. Including:
- 2018.05.18 Jim Sciutto and Sara Murray both tweeted how we had 22 school shootings so far this year, using Everytown for Gun Safety's long discredited fake methodology.
- 2018.02.27 In a FakeNews story trying to sensationalize how dangerous an AR-15 is, they got some dingleberry General to do/say everything wrong in firing it, and totally fuck up the "facts", like "Full Semi-Automatic". Their "report" became a meme mocked by anyone who knows the basics of guns.
- 2018.03.21 They invite every far left anti-Gun parkland teen to pontificate on ideas beyond their intellectual carry capacity, but refuse to invite a single conservative teen on (they're too informed). They finally, invite one, to preserve the sham of being a news site, but quickly disinvite him for a retweet about one of their sports commentators. It's almost like they were looking for an excuse to avoid letting the other side on.
- 2018.02.21 A story CNN was pumping about a school shooting survivor, just happens to have a mom who was a CNN VIP (and they never disclosed that).
- 2018.02.21 CNN's Chris Cuomo posts false story about being able to buy a gun without proper ID or background check. Lies about it. Refuses to apologize. None demanded by CNN.
- 2018.02.06 - Parkland Lies: after Parkland shooting, CNN media reporter Brian Stelter attacked Republicans for being "scared" to come on CNN and debate gun control. Chris Cuomo specifically called out Ted Cruz for not rising to the challenge. Ted Cruz had done a 15 minute interview earlier that day, and they aired none of it, because he made them look stupid. (Which isn't hard).
So we have an example of CNN tarting up their slides (Click-bait), being obviously biased, getting fundamental facts wrong, not doing quality work or having competent fact checkers with a basic clue about guns. So this little example sums up CNN on Guns for the last 38 years: you get dumber watching them.
Carolyn McCarthy -
Chris Matthews on Guns -
- Uses Everytown for Gun Safety debunked fraudulent numbers
- Didn't know about NRA gun safety programs
- Doesn't know the basics of the gun control laws we have (or that the NRA and others support)
There are 3 faces of Chris on Guns: Ignorant, Liar, or both.
DNC on Gun Control - It's not just one Democrat that says stupid things about gun control, it seems to be the majority who either say stupid things when the party tells them to bark, or at best, they don't resist their side when they say stupid things. So until the party at least has some conflicts and disagreements when their most vocal members saying the most stupid things, then the whole party does deserve to be judged by their leadership and their most popular voices. While republicans are allowed to disagree with each other, and there's few 100% consensus issues, the Democrats seem to tow-the-line and have anti-gun morons and liars, and the silent. Little diversity of though on this or most issues.
David Hogg -
Diana DeGette -
Eric Swalwell -
Everytown for Gun Safety - Michael Bloomberg financed propaganda outfit dedicated to undermining and eradicating the 2A (and NRA) through the use of Fake Studies in order to misinform the public on guns, crime and gun safety. Or just get their facts wrong by 4x exaggerations. It was created by merging two prior failed and discredited outfits of Bloomberg's, 'Mayors Against Illegal Guns' and 'Moms Demand Action'. The board of advisors is a veritable who's who of those who are far left and don't know what's what (wrt Guns). When they had one of their propaganda photos showing a guy loading bullets backwards, Twitter naturally blocked the guy that mocked them for it.
Feinstein on Guns -
- A famous picture at a press conference, breaking the first rule of gun safety, "Never put your finger on the trigger, until you're ready to shoot". This became a mockery for 20 years of what not to do. Many other famous Democrats have followed in her footsteps with guns as props, doing the same stupid thing.
- This wouldn't be so bad except Madam Hypocrite got herself a Conceal and Carry permit (the required training tells you never to put your finger on the trigger), so she was supposed to know better. She's a hypocrite because she's advocated to block Conceal and Carry for everyone else, but answered that politicians and celebrities are special, so should be exceptions to the law. (They're more important).
- During a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on gun control, she claimed her proposed semi-automatic weapons ban would finally make it illegal to hunt people. (As if it wasn't already).
- Ted Cruz asked her a loaded question about whether her contemptuous arguments agains the 2nd Amendment also applied to the First, and she had a hissy fit and ranted about what she knew about guns (and made a half dozen lies/errors about guns), then lectured Ted Cruz on the Heller ruling and the Constitution. Ted Cruz, is not only a Constitutional Lawyer (unlike her), but he was the one that drafted the Amicus Brief that was used to argue and win the Heller decision she was erroneously lecturing him on. Since her base doesn't know much, it didn't cost her much with her voters -- but anyone with a clue groaned and laughed at her ignorance.
- During 1994 Feinstein authored the Clinton-Era Assault Weapons Ban and claimed it didn't go far enough in restricting firearms, "If I could have banned them all -- 'Mr. and Mrs. America turn in your guns' -- I would have!" -- then she argues that, "nobody wants to take your guns, we just want REASONABLE gun-control". And wonders why people don't trust her?
Gersh Kuntzman - NYDailyNews reads like satire (to the informed) and shows everything wrong with gun controllers and scare-mongers. The AR-15 is one of the lightest hunting rifles and has a recoil spring to make it even easier for 9 year old girls to fire (or guys fire it off their nose and testicles). To him it was a canon or bazooka that bruised his shoulder and threw sulfurous shells whizzing past his face. Then he got wrong rate of fire, that it was a military weapon, or that you can get PTSD from firing a gun at a range. The first syllable of Gersh's last name certainly fits him to a T. He single handedly proved to the gun-aware what lying douchebags leftist writers are.
Gun Buybacks - One of the dumbest things in America (symbolism over substance)
Gun Control and Genocide -
Gun show loophole - The gun show loophole is a lie perpetuated by the liars for the ignorant. Most of the sellers at gun shows are Federal Firearms Licensees (FFLs). By law, they're required to perform background checks on all sales, regardless of where the sale takes place (either at a gun show or at their brick and mortar store). The loophole is that in theory, two parties can meet at the show, and make a deal to go to the parking lot and make a sale (trade). However, that is against the rules of all the gun shows I've been at. And that can happen anywhere -- online, at a gun store or range, or at a McDonald's. Even there, if the seller believes the buyer is prohibited to buy, or is on any kind of controlled substance, the sale is actually deemed illegal. So the imaginary "loophole" is that it is not a crime to sell or give a gun to someone else who has a legal right to have it, without the government involved?!
Jennifer Barringer -
Jesse Jackson -
- 2016.07.10 - While in Texas, he said for the cameras that AK-47, ‘can bring down airplanes'. The dumb is strong with this one. Unlike boxcutters or radical Islam, to date, no commercial airplane in the U.S. has ever been brought down by small arms fire. While it might be theoretically possible while the plane is landing, and you got an impossibly lucky shot, the only practical way that’s happening is if you got one on-board, and shot the pilot.
- 2012.06.06 - While trying to start a march against Gun Stores in Texas, he tried to create the march mantra that gun control creates jobs, "guns out, jobs in." I have no idea where he was going with that, but it went about as well as expected in Texas.
Joe Biden -
Joe Salazar -
John Kerry on Guns - In support of Joe Biden, the former Secretary of State John Kerry decided to show his gun wisdom with the idiocy, "I’m a hunter. I’m a gun owner. I’ve been one all my life. There’s not a veteran here who would take an AR-16 with a long clip to go out and shoot a deer or shoot anything.” -- sigh. He got the gun wrong (AR-15, not 16), and the concept wrong, since it's the most popular sporting rifle out there (and that includes popular for hunting), though technically, its more for smaller game/varmints, when you go after deer/elk, they tend to use the AR-10 (.30 and larger caliber variants). Kerry being one of the more experienced gun controllers is still an idiot or a liar.
Katy Tur -
Kevin De Leon -
Kirsten Gillibrand -
Lawrence O'Donnel - Aaron Sorkin's show, The West Wing, which won an Emmy award. And has a history of being a contentious host... for conservatives. But he saves his best idiocy for his views on Gun Control, like not knowing that pistols and rifles have the same rate of fire, or claiming that because an AR-15's bullets are faster, that you can't kill them with a pistol's slower bullets?
Leland Yee -
Louise Slaughter - Maxine Waters learned to speak. "The Second Amendment only protects the people who want all the guns they can have. The rest of us, we've got no Second Amendment. What are we supposed to do?"... I don't know, respect other people's choices, rights and liberty? You could try that.
Media Matters on Guns - Media Matters is gloriously ignorant on just about every topic they touch, but on guns? Especially so. Here's their Deputy Director of Rapid Response arguing that the AR-15 stands for Assault Rifle 15th revision. For the record, it stands for Armalite (the company that first made it) and it would take about 30 seconds to verify that). But this guy has quadruple down claiming he knows what he's talking about. Yeah, about as much as his readers do, which isn't much
Michael Bloomberg (D) NYC Mayor, Billionaire - video he demonstrated he doesn't know the difference between fully and semi-automatic (what defines a real Assault Rifle banned since the 1930's, and the invented term Assault Weapon that he wants to ban, because it has plastic parts that make it looks like an Assault Rifle). He says you pull the trigger once and "pap...pap...pap...pap". Nope, those are illegal. He goes on to show he doesn't know rifles, pistols, or hunting. Hey Mikey, if you don't know what you're talking about, put down the megaphone. I'm sometimes amazed he can operate dining utensils without hurting himself.
NBC on Guns - NBC doesn't understand the differences between an AR-15, and a pump action shotgun, as demonstrated in this YouTube video. Not only wasn't a fact checker used, but not a single person in their editorial staff knew the basics enough to recognize their own gaffe.
National March on NRA - BFG popped up on their lists. I'd joke that we should go through GTA (Grand Theft Auto) and other car games than sensationalize speeding, and ban all the vehicles listed there as well, but these sock-puppets would probably agree and try. To top it all off, their leader (David Hogg), showed up to a gun control rally, with Armed Security. When he's old enough to get irony, he'll laugh at himself.
Obama on Gun Control - One of the great dividers biggest accomplishments was in taking a dead issue (gun control) and re-igniting it, getting many more mass shootings by drawing attention to them, and getting both sides enraged at each other: the left over not being able to violate the second amendment with impunity, and the right over the ignorance and dishonesty of the gun controllers. Examples:
- Fast and Furious / Gunrwalking scandal - this is where the Obama administration (BATF under Holder) was selling guns to Mexican drug cartels, failing to track them, until some Americans (including Brian Terry) were shot with them. It was done to fluff up a DNC narrative that Mexico's gun problems were because of the U.S. So they got caught trying to plant evidence to have an excuse for pushing for more gun control. The Republicans wanted an investigation, but "the most transparent administration, ever" used executive privilege to obstruct the investigation into Holder and Obama's participation, denied the President had pushed it, and blamed Bush because Bush had found out about a smaller ATF effort (called Wide Receiver) and had shut down the effort and recommended it never be tried again (which the Obama admin ignored and restarted).
- Obama said utterly dishonest and retarded things like, "And then there’s a reality that there are neighborhoods around the country where it is easier for a 12 or 13-year-old to purchase a gun, and cheaper, than it is for them to get a book" As if he's never heard of Amazon.com? How do you download a gun off the Internet? If it was true, it would only show the failure of gun control, since those neighborhoods he's most likely talking about would be in strict gun-controlled and Democrat controlled places like Chicago, D.C. and Detroit. He's exposing the failures of gun control, and isn't bright enough to realize he's saying, "It's not working, we need more of it!".
- Obama Gun Quotes - he was the most anti-Gun President in our lifetime, after campaigning to be the opposite.
- Obama fact-check on Guns - his speeches were littered with errors, mistruths, distortions and outright lies about guns. We know that sensationalizing mass shootings gets copy-cats, so he and the media sensationalized every one to the max, and tried to "never let an opportunity go to waste", to attack legal gun owners, with legislation that they called "reasonable gun control", even though not one of the laws offered would have stopped the shootings that had happened.
- Obama's gun truths and consequences - the results are he was the gun salesman in History. Gun sales hit record highs because rational people felt he was trying to undermine their inalienable right to self defense.
Patricia Eddington (D) NY Assemblywoman -
- incendiary tips are likely "tracer rounds" - people don't use them because of the fire hazard
- they aren't heat seeking, they cast light so you can see them travel
- they could be used for hunting (it's no more/less lethal)
- they might cauterize the hole they make, but they're not "cooking" the animal
Pelosi on Gun Control -
Sandy Sheedy (D) California councilwoman -
Shannon Watts -
Shanon founded "Moms Demand Action" to spread lies about guns and shooting to further her anti-2A agenda. Another ignorant loudmouth with a cause. I don't like ignorant know-it-alls, especially the sanctimonious hypocrite and willing-to-lie-for-their-cause kind. She talked about rate of fire, and fucked it up (10 rounds per minute was exceeded in the 1600's). Then she rants about a scary assault gun, that's actually a bolt-action .22 LR rifle (it just has some cosmetics that confuse the clueless like Shannon into thinking it's an assault rifle). Then she told an author who lost both parents before 20 that she's privileged because she's white. She's the perfect figurehead for the gun-control movement: loud, stupid, and thinks she's smart.
Sheila Jackson Lee - AR-15 bullet is .223 caliber, a very small hunting round. And .50 caliber bullets don't require licensing, nor should they.
Stephanie Ruhle - What is an assault rifle?, Why banning then won't work, and Who needs an AR15? for starters. But if she did that, she wouldn't look like a clueless ditz on TV.
Terry McAuliffe -
WaPo on Guns - WaPo. Which is fine if they were honest about their agenda. Instead, they do things like claim misleading report about child shootings, they including a bullshit statistic that said how 1 in 24 kids (4.2%) witnessed a shooting last year. Really? That doesn't sound high to you? The facts were the CDC study they were referencing (and didn't link/source to) had a glaring error: the question was, 'have your kid ever seen anyone being shot, bombs going off, or street riots'. Ever. And there were more flaws than that. Any critical thinking fact checker or writer, should have done their job. But they didn't, because confirmation bias. No correction offered. "Democracy Dies in Darkness:", is more warning than slogan: but If they cared about the light, they would be shining it on both sides of the argument and letting their readers make up their own minds.
Whoopi Goldberg - The View, with Whoopi Goldberg (D) ex-comedian and TV Host always reminding us of her High School drop out's wit and wisdom. They're a good example of people in NY and Hollywood talking about shit they don't know the first thing about. Things like Whoopi saying "She wants Automatic Weapons banned"... good for you, only fully-automatic weapons have been banned since 1934. And if you don't know the difference between fully-automatic and semi-automatic guns, then you shouldn't talk about either. Just avoid guns in general, since you'll just demonstrate a strong opinion based on complete ignorance of the topic. What's worse, she's an NRA Member, Gun Owner, and someone that should have a clue. I used to be a fan when she played a fake Nun instead of now playing a fake TV host -- the more she talks, the less there is to like.
Those were just a few of the many examples that cause informed gun owners such frustration. And this isn't about "gotcha" type gaffes, this is fundamental failure to understand what they're talking about, write laws on, campaign against, or worse -- intentionally misleading others for their agenda.
If you don't know how to hold a gun, what the parts are, proper terms, usage, history, or function, or you have no functioning bullshit detector on statistics that confirm your political views, then you're not up for being a journalists, legislator or commenter on the topic of guns, as it will only make you look stupid or a lair, and polarize the informed against you.
Now that's not to say these gun-idiots can't be intelligent and functioning human beings in other aspects of their lives. They might be quite smart and accomplished, as long as you don't touch the emotional hot-button topic of boomsticks. But whenever you tug at their heart-strings, their brain-strings break or disengage.
What is reasonable when it comes to gun laws? I explain what it takes to be compliant with a few gun laws so that readers can decide how reasonable these laws are. Now I'm not a lawyer, and I don't play one on TV, so don't take this as legal advice. But these are just a small sampling of the 20,000: local, state and national gun control laws that every owner must know and comply with, under the legal concept of Ignorantia juris non excusat (Ignorance of the law is no excuse). The penalty for infraction is often a felony conviction, ruination and loss of gun rights by hyper-aggressive DA's who hate guns or want to get elected to higher office on the fraud that they're helping public safety. Or worse, the laws aren't enforced and teach both sides contempt for them. If any of these laws seem silly, annoying, or ineffective, you will begin to understand why gun-advocates mock and resist “reasonable gun control” and the legislators who create them.