The smartest Gun-Controllers in the room
When it comes to knowing guns, I've never see a pro-gun control legislator or activist with a clue about how guns work. Finding one is my white whale.
The purpose of this article isn't to malign everyone who supports gun control: I'm sure there's some sincere and intelligent folks out there. Maybe even a few that know the basics of guns. I hope to meet one. If I find more than one, I'll dedicate an article to them. But this article is about the majority of gun-controllers, and how it's the 99% that give the rest a bad name. And this isn't about "gotcha" type gaffes, this is fundamental failure to understand what they're talking about. If you don't know how to hold a gun, what the parts are, proper terms, usage, history, or function, then they sure don't know how to make legislation to make things better. The results are what you'd expect if a primitive Melanesian tribe member (of the cargo cult fame), was elected to congress and put in charge of Airline Safety. But that's not really fair for Melanesian's, as at least they would be advocates for more cargo, and the congressional anti-gun folks are luddites preying on an even dumber constituency.
Now that's not to say they can't be intelligent and functioning human beings in other aspects of their lives. They might be quite smart and accomplished, as long as you don't touch the emotional hot-button topic of boomsticks (then their brains turn off). These are just a few of the many examples that cause informed gun owners such frustration.
NOTE: some people may think these are just technicalities, but they show proficiency and understanding. Would you trust your life to a doctor who didn't know what a stethoscope was, or what part went in his ear? I certainly won't trust laws that limit my liberty to nitwits that don't know the basics of how a gun operates or basic terminology.
- 1 Arthur Acevedo (D), John Marshall Law School, Chicago tribune
- 2 Jennifer Barringer (forensic expert)
- 3 Joe Biden (D) Vice President
- 4 Michael Bloomberg (D) NYC Mayor
- 5 CNN
- 6 Diana DeGette (D) Colorado Congresswoman
- 7 Kevin De Leon (D) - California Senator
- 8 Patricia Eddington (D) NY Assemblywoman
- 9 Diane Feinstein (D) Senator California
- 10 Whoopi Goldberg (D)
- 11 Jesse Jackson (D)
- 12 Gersh Kuntzman (D)
- 13 @Jennifer4130
- 14 Carolyn McCarthy (D) - NY Congresswoman
- 15 Terry McAuliffe (D) Governor of Virginia
- 16 MSNBC
- 17 Barack Obama (D) Ex-President
- 18 Nancy Pelosi (D) California Congresswoman
- 19 Bonnie Schaefer (D) DNC Platform Committee member
- 20 Louise Slaughter (D) - NY Congresswoman
- 21 Joe Salazar (D) Colorado State Representative
- 22 Sandy Sheedy (D) California councilwoman
- 23 Shannon Watts (D) Activist "Moms Demand Action"
- 24 Leland Yee (D) California State Senator
- 25 Washington Post
- 26 References
Arthur Acevedo (D), John Marshall Law School, Chicago tribune
Arthur Acevedo made a statement that any fact checker would have caught as moronic, if only the Chicago Tribune had any. And the school this activist professes for, should be shamed in proxy for not demanding a public apology for saying something so insultingly stupid. What did he say that was so dumb? "For safety: the first bullet in every cops gun should be a blank"
Um, a blank can not operate a semi-automatic weapon.
These guns are balanced based on gas pressure or reactive force, which only happens because the bullet is in the way (as it's being pushed down the barrel), which causes back pressure or gasses, which you can use to slide or bolt back -- and that ejects the spent shell, and then a spring slides it forward to re-chamber a new round).
So ignoring that the guy doesn't understand how a gun works, we still get to the point where there are cases where the cop would have to shoot twice, while the criminal would only have to shoot once. This would end up with many cops dead. He may be willing to sacrifice cops lives, but I suspect they might disagree.
Plus, all cops would just learn to double-tap (shoot twice really quickly), because they know they can't trust the first round. That habit would transfer to other shots. Once that skill (muscle-memory) is burned in, you'd have MORE bullets fired, not fewer.
This does nothing to help public safety, the safety of cops, and you get dumber by just listening to the proposal.
Jennifer Barringer (forensic expert)
2016.07.09 ~ the smartest democrat they could find, "forensic expert Jennifer Lee Barringer" embarrassed herself on multiple places (Tru TV, Fox News, HLN, CBS and CNN) with absurd gun claims:
Fake claims included:
- You can guns at grocery stores in Texas - you can't
- Ban scopes, hunting rifles, and adapters - why?
- "Can add adapters to make the rifle shoot faster" - where can I get one?
- "rifle has a clip" - proper terminology is "removable magazine"
- "where your bullet doesn't have to be ejected between, like a single action rifle" - this is too dumb to explain. All bullets have to be ejected, almost all rifles are single action (single action means the trigger can't cock itself, then fire, it can only fire if the spring for the hammer is already cocked).
Joe Biden (D) Vice President
Vice President Joe Biden made this statement in an interview with Field & Stream's Anthony Licata, "Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15, because you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door". Someone's been watching too many cowboy westerns: it isn't going through a modern solid door, and you'd be breaking the law by doing it.
He later repeated it as a double barrel .12 gauge, and just fire two shots in the air. Only a few problems with this
- If you shoot the 2 shots with a double barrel, you are out of ammo and you can’t shoot the intruders
- shooting randomly into the air is unsafe
- shooting a warning shot may get you arrested and jailed (illegal in most cities)
- if there are 3 or more intruders (and you only have a double-barrell), you may not have enough rounds even if you haven’t fired indiscriminately into the air
- A 12 gauge may be too powerful for the person, an AR-15 or some other gun is easier (safer) to control (what know-nothing Joe was recommending against)
Michael Bloomberg (D) NYC Mayor
Michael Bloomberg, Mayor, Billionaire, Gun-Moron, who always has 5 armed bodyguards around him, shows he doesn't know the difference between Assault Weapon (invented term by gun controllers to confuse people (basically a regular semi-auto rifle that looks like an assault rifle) and Assault Rifle (fully automatic banned military hardware since 1930's). He goes on to show he doesn't know anything about rifles, pistols, or hunting. This is only one of hundreds of times he's demonstrated complete lack of understanding on the topic of guns, how they work, human nature, laws, the Constitution, and so on. I'm sometimes amazed he can operate dining room utensils without hurting himself.
CNN explains to us about guns for ants -- a .223mm is mighty small. (about 1/128th of an inch) -- it's either a .223 Caliber (how much of an inch across it is), or it's a 5.56mm. They also got wrong .9mm (9mm) and .22mm long rifle (22LR).
I think they only tried to add the "long rifle" to the slide because it sounded "scary". In truth, the 22LR is the weakest common rifle (or pistol) round you can use, though it sometimes comes in a 22-short variant for targets (that was popular decades ago), which is the only reason why they differentiate. But again, if CNN had fact checkers, they would have caught that.
To give you a sense of scale -- boxes of ammo may be 50-100 rounds (take someone else shooting, and you're probably going to go through 300 rounds), but many shooters buy cans (or bags) that come in 500 or 1,000 rounds bulk. So this maniac had enough ammo to go shooting 3 or 4 times with each gun. And dynamite fishing only once. Or as they'd say in Texas or Arkansas upon hearing of that stockpile, "Bubba's running a little low on ammo".
Doesn't know the difference between automatic and semi-automatic. Which is fine, if she knew she was ignorant and didn't pontificate on it so much.
Diana DeGette (D) Colorado Congresswoman
Rep. Diana DeGette (D-Colorado) made this comment during an April 2 gun control forum in Denver confirming what gun owners already suspected: She doesn't know what she's talking about. Bullets go in magazines, they don't magically come from them. This wasn't just a gaffe, this is totally misunderstanding how everything works.
"If you ban (high cap magazines) in the future, the number of these high-capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time because the bullets will have been shot and there won't be any more available."
Kevin De Leon (D) - California Senator
California Senator Kevin De Leon rambles on about Ghost Guns, and rambles on all sorts of stuff he gets wrong:
- A rate of fire no gun has: 3o round magazine that can be shot within half a second
- 30 caliber clip: actually, it's .223 caliber
- 30 magazine clip: actually, it's a 30 round magazine, that gun doesn't have a clip, and no gun holds 30 of them at the same time. Videos mocking him.:
Patricia Eddington (D) NY Assemblywoman
Former Assemblywoman Patricia Eddington (D-NY), "Come on. This is crazy. … But some of these bullets have an incendiary device on the tip of it, … which is a heat seeking device. So you don’t shoot deer with a bullet that size. If you do, you could cook it at the same time"
Diane Feinstein (D) Senator California
Feinstein at a press conference. This photo is infamous in Gun-Advocate circles. Here's dimwit Diane, doing something that everyone who has any training on a gun, knows is bad, "Never put your finger on the trigger until you're ready to shoot".
You see this in Hollywood movies, and by people that have never used guns in real life (or have poor training or a lack of respect for those around them) -- they put their finger on the triggers. So Diane is blathering about how dangerous guns are, while behaving without callous disregard for those around her, and failing to follow the first rule of gun safety ("Trigger Discipline"). And if you know her background (about getting a Conceal and carry permit, while being an opponent of them for everyone else), it just makes it worse.
Diane's famous photo likely inspired this meme. A guy is shot/grenaded, and he still knows to keep his finger off the trigger until you're ready to shoot. Something no gun controller posing for the cameras seem to understand.
During a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on gun control, basically claiming her proposed semi-automatic weapons ban would finally make it illegal to hunt people. I think I know what she was trying to say, but that was a polemics lie that was even worse. So she's not just an insulting liar, but she's to dumb to do that right.
"We have federal regulations and state laws that prohibit hunting ducks with more than three rounds. And yet it's legal to hunt humans with 15-round, 30-round, even 150-round magazines."
Feinstein was arguing with Ted Cruz and she got destroyed:
Cruz asked, "would she consider it constitutional for Congress to specify that the First Amendment shall apply only to the following books and shall not apply to the books that Congress has deemed outside the protection of the Bill of Rights?"
She went off tantrumed back:
There's two views to that exchange, the ignorant folks that thought her visceral emotional rant carried the day. And the logical and informed folks that saw Cruz's point go unanswered, and an outclassed dimwit argue with a constitutional lawyer and the author of the very ruling she was trying to tell him supported her view, while he was patiently trying to explain that it most definitely did not.
During 1994 Feinstein authored the Clinton-Era Assault Weapons Ban and claimed it didn't go far enough in restricting firearms:
"If I could have banned them all -- 'Mr. and Mrs. America turn in your guns' -- I would have!"
Feinstein explaining how when she dealt with threats on her life, how she was scared so she got a concealed permit and she carried all the time because she was going to shoot them before they shot her. But she wants to make sure we never have that same sense of security.
Whoopi Goldberg (D)
Don't get me started on these klatch of dim-wits on The View. But they're a good example of people in NY and Hollywood talking about shit they don't know the first thing about. Things like Whoopi saying "She Wants Automatic Weapons Banned"... only fully-automatic weapons have been banned since 1934. And if you don't know the difference between fully-automatic and semi-automatic guns, you shouldn't talk about either. Just avoid guns in general, since you'll just demonstrate a strong opinion based on complete ignorance of the topic.
Jesse Jackson (D)
2016.07.10 ~ Jesse Jackson: AK-47’s in Texas, ‘can bring down airplanes'
The dumb is strong with this one. Box cutters brought down 4 airplanes, should we outlaw them? While it might be theoretically possible if it was landing, and you got an impossibly lucky shot, to date, no commercial airplane in the U.S. has ever been brought down by small arms fire. Ever. The only practical way that’s happening is if you got one on-board, and used it to shoot the pilot, and that is already a few kinds of illegal.
Gersh Kuntzman (D)
2016.07.14 ~ Gersh Kuntzman fired a weapon and had a literary meltdown about how scary it was, and exaggerates (to comical levels) everything to do with the gun and his experience. Here’s the serious piece (that reads like satire to the informed) that shows everything wrong with gun controllers and scare-mongers:
- It felt to me like a bazooka, the recoil bruised my shoulder
- it sounded like a cannon. The explosions — loud like a bomb — gave me a temporary form of PTSD
- The brass shell casings disoriented me as they flew past my face
- The smell of sulfur and destruction made me sick
- Forty nine people can be gone in 60 seconds
- you can get a military-styled weapon in seven minutes in this country
Every one of those claims is laughably false. Here's counter-points to his delusion:
- Children fire the AR-15 because it has a spring loaded slide weight that absorbs the energy and makes it easier to shoot than many pistols.
- People fire it off their nose or genitals, and 9 and 10 year old girls can fire the gun with giggles and smirks.
- There is no such thing as “temporary PTSD” and you don’t get PTSD from firing a gun in a controlled environment
- These guns intentionally direct shells away from your face (not near them)
- And the reason 49 people died in Orlando wasn’t because it took 60 seconds, but because the police waited 3 hours to go in while 30-40 of those folks bled to death
- These are not military styled weapons (they aren’t fully automatic), they’re hunting rifles made in plastic to look/oerate like military weapons with accessory rails
So this guy became the butt of jokes and meme’s by anyone with a clue who has ever shot the most popular sport and hunting rifle in the U.S. (the AR variants).
When Kuntzman was shown that he was stupidly lying, instead of being mature and apologizing for his ridiculously embellished story that would have embarrassed Bryan Williams, Kuntzman doubled-down and claimed he was justified , and anyone that disagreed was just a gun-nut, and that he was the victim (instead of the perpetrator of an absurd set of lies).
This is an Internet (Twitter) celebrity "Jennifer Mom" who became popular in 2014 with #GunSense #NotOneMore hashtag campaigns. She's so dumb, it's hard to tell if she's a troll or not -- but her followers seem to take her seriously -- so even if she's not dumb, her followers appear to be buying it.
Her tweet about filing down the firing pin to make a gun fully automatic is classic Jennifer. All that would really do, is mean is that your gun can't fire at all. So either she's be trolled and is repeating something she heard or found (and is "uninformed"), or she's trolling people who are buying it (and are "easily led astray"). But the fact that so many people believe that she could be a sincere gun-control advocate sort of proves the point -- her lack of information both amuses and infuriates the gun-rights folks, while her followers dutifully retweet her drivel.
Carolyn McCarthy (D) - NY Congresswoman
Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY) has no clue what a “barrel shroud” is, although she wants to regulate it and the term is in her legislation. She was questioned about it, and the hest she can do is “it’s a shoulder thing that goes up.” It isn't (I think she's talking about a folding stock). A barrel shroud is a small plastic/wood/metal cover that surrounds the barrel to prevent burns when it heats-up under high rates of fire).
Terry McAuliffe (D) Governor of Virginia
The day after the Virginia Baseball shooting of Steve Scalise (et al), Terry McAuliffe got out there and made a plea about the "93 million Americans every day to gun violence". He repeated it. Then when challenged, he corrected it. Sorta. His numbers are out of date, and he's throwing in gun suicides (despite guns have no noticeable effect on suicides), defensive uses, legitimate police shootings, and so on.
There are so many to choose from. I've never heard one of their commentators get virtually anything right about gun operation or gun control. It's not that each of them makes a slip now and again, it's that none of them have ever gotten the basics right.
So much dumb in one place. From using Everytown for Gun Safety fraudulent numbers, to not knowing about NRA gun safety programs, to ignoring all the plans the other side has offered but been ignored on, to not knowing the basics of gun control laws we have. He's either ignorant, retarded, a liar, or some degree of all of the above.
This dimwit makes Matthews look like a rocket scientist. He claims:
- the rate of fire on a handgun is less than 15 rounds per minute. They have the same rate of fire, or sometimes faster. (About 3-5 rounds per second, is easily achievable in a pistol).
- 1100 fps is not quick enough to kill someone with an AR-15, because rifle bullets are 3x faster. The facts are that teachers with handguns have already stopped shooters. And historically, civilians have better scores than cops on this. (Mass shootings stopped by civilians are quicker, fewer death tolls, less accidental casualties, and so on).
- Imagine you’re a teacher, and some kid is shooting people. Do you want to have a tool (gun) to defend yourself and your students or to wait for the cops to arrive, and get out from behind the cars and come in... 8-20 minutes later. He seems to think you would rather die, than use a pistol to defend yourself, just because the cops hid outside and waited for the bloodshed to be over before entering.
Barack Obama (D) Ex-President
Obama says utterly retarded things like, "And then there’s a reality that there are neighborhoods around the country where it is easier for a 12 or 13-year-old to purchase a gun, and cheaper, than it is for them to get a book"
Has he ever heard of Amazon.com? How do you download a gun off the Internet?
Of course if it was true, it would only show the failure of gun control, since those neighborhoods would most likely be ones in Chicago and Detroit, where they have strict gun control. He's arguing against gun control, and isn't bright enough to realize he's saying, "It's not working, we need more of it!".
There's a whole Obama Gun Quotes section devoted to dumb things he's said.
I decomposed just one of his speeches at Obama fact-check on Guns, and frankly, got bored correcting all the lies, errors and a fraction of the omissions, just 1/4th of the way through it. If their best speaker, with the entire resources of the President, can't do better than this crap, then it's no wonder the informed ignore the gun-control advocates.
Nancy Pelosi (D) California Congresswoman
Nancy Pelosi, when asked about gun rights, Nancy Pelosi explained,
"We're talking about no further sales of assault weapons. What is the justification for an assault weapon? No further sales of those, no further sales of the increased capacity, 30 rounds in a gun. We're re talking about background checks which is very popular, even among gun owners, and, hunters. We avow the First Amendment. We stand with that and say that people have a right to have a gun to protect themselves in their homes and their jobs, where, and that they -- and the workplace and that they, for recreation and hunting and the rest. So we're not questioning their right to do that."
Ignoring that she confuses the 1st and 2nd Amendment and seems confused as to what the term "avow" actually means, the statement just gets dumber and more offensive:
- She says background checkers are popular among gun owners and hunters, they're not. And if they are, let's have them for voting or getting social services
- She wants to outlaw Assault Weapons... something that's already illegal
- She meant to say "Assault Rifles" (a made up term by progressives that means low powered rifles that look like Assault Weapons) -- but you can't outlaw assault rifles according to prior Supreme Court rulings, because those are the exact kind of arms that the 2nd was written to protect. She wouldn't be "avowing" the 2nd, she wants to violate it.
- And her blather about increased capacity doesn't make sense -- magazines are cheap to make and buy. You can print plans for your 3D printer. So what does outlawing them do?
In the end, everyone that listens to Pelosi gets dumber by proxy. And this wasn't in the top-10 of dumbest things said on the topic.
Bonnie Schaefer (D) DNC Platform Committee member
A Democratic National Platform Committee member (Bonnie Schaefer) said that no one should own a gun, “I really don’t personally think anyone should have a gun, I mean that’s just my own — you know — philosophy. Nothing is ever solved when you have a gun in your hand, except the worst possible scenario”. Yup, the worst possible scenario is you weren't raped, murdered or assaulted while waiting for the cops to arrive.
Louise Slaughter (D) - NY Congresswoman
13-term congresswoman Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-New York) blamed the Second Amendment for violent crime, saying "Americans aren't safe anywhere" and gun control "has to be done" to protect citizens from themselves and their constitutionally guaranteed individual right to own a firearm.
Then she made one of the dumbest quotes since Maxine Waters learned to speak:
The Second Amendment only protects the people who want all the guns they can have. The rest of us, we've got no Second Amendment. What are we supposed to do?
Joe Salazar (D) Colorado State Representative
Rep. Joe Salazar with regards to why women on campus shouldn't use a gun to stop rape:
"It's why we have call boxes, it's why we have safe zones, it's why we have the whistles. Because you just don't know who you're gonna be shooting at... And you don't know if you feel like you're gonna be raped, or if you feel like someone's been following you around or if you feel like you're in trouble when you may actually not be, that you pop out that gun and you pop ... pop a round at somebody."
I'm OK with a woman shooting someone trying to rape her. In fact, I'm sort of a fan of it. It would likely cut down on rapes more than whistles and call boxes.
Sandy Sheedy (D) California councilwoman
Sandy Sheedy, a city councilwoman from Sacramento, seems to believe that you can be shot by an unloaded gun.
Shannon Watts (D) Activist "Moms Demand Action"
Head of Moms Demand Action (Shannon Watts) explains: https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/statuses/396363030277414912
"An assault weapon enables humans to shoot 10 rounds in one minute."
There were guns in the 1600's that exceeded that rate of fire, by a lot.
Leland Yee (D) California State Senator
Democrat State Senator from California, Leland Yee Talks about not having Assault Weapons in the Hands of the People, right before he gets arrested for illegal arms trafficking (selling both illegal guns and rocket launchers, from an Islamic Terrorist organization).
WaPo gets caught in many lies about Gun Control. Here's just an example: they spin a yarn about how 1/24th of kids witnessed seen a shooting, when any editor or fact checker would not have let that fraud through.
- Trigger warning — sarcastic example of what gun controllers sound like to the informed: https://www.facebook.com/MattWalshBlog/videos/1388304541202652/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED
- Clips of famous gun-controllers blabbing about things that are unintelligible to gun owners, "Assault ammunition clips": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNjdlJxanmQ&app=desktop