Transphobia literally means the unreasonable fear towards all trans-people. What it does not mean is what the left is trying to corrupt the term into: any dislike or prejudice of any trans person or policy. Someone not liking any perv being able to claim they associate as a woman to use the bathroom with their little girls or wives is not necessarily transphobic. Nor is one that has a problem with M2F trans athletes destroying Women's sports necessarily a transphobe. There's nuances and complexities that are beyond the willingness of activists to explore, when you give them the cudgel of political correctness and a hate-label.
Disagreeing with any trans-activist.
|With no trans-people ever causing a problem, North Carolina is such a bunch of rednecked-bigots, that they invented a law to ban trans-people from using the restroom, they need to be more tolerant towards LGBT culture... like San Francisco. Which still has hypocritical laws against bath houses and oral sex. Also, being male has no advantages in women's sports.||After multiple abuses by creeps exploiting trans-friendly laws in other cities (and no cases of local abuse against Trans folks), Charlotte activists ignored warnings and passed a law saying creepy guys could use Women’s bathroom. The State overrode that dumb local ordinance by saying trans-people had to legally change their gender on their drivers-license/birth certificate before they got a free pass, and private companies could do what they wanted.|
The definition comes from:
- Trans (Transexual) -- a person whose gender identity is different than the genitalia and chromosomes they were both with
- Phobia -- an exaggerated usually inexplicable and illogical fear of a particular object, class of objects, or situation
Those trying to extend the word into any prejudices, or policies are really stretching the word beyond reasonable bounds. Are transexuals automatically cis-phobic if they don't agree with every policy or person who is straight? Stay reasonable. Leave room for disagreement without everything being a phobia.
But there's a lot of policies and high profile examples where the trans-activists have taken issues a bit too far. Just because you're trans (or trans-activists) doesn't make you wrong... but it certainly doesn't make you automatically right either: 10 items
- 2017.04.27 ACLU sues Hospital to end religious liberty - Gender Re-assignment is a complex issue. The ACLU decides that if a Hospital rejects performing a non-medically necessary female genital mutilation procedure (hysterectomy on a trans person), that they should sue into putting political correctness over medical ethics.
- 2019.06.16 Expelled over gender thoughtcrime - Scottish student tapes teacher kicking him out of class for the thought crime of saying, "There are only 2 genders". While politically incorrect it is medically true (with the exception of hermaphroditism, which isn't what they were talking about). After the post goes viral, student is expelled for having taped the teacher being unreasonable. A bigger crime than thought-crime is exposing thought-crime. Gofundme banned him, and won't say why.
- Gay Therapy - I'm not a fan of the idea of "Gay Therapy". But I'm less a fan of denial of truth. The facts are for many that sexuality is somewhat malleable. (It's not as black and white as many want to pretend -- as proven by Prison-gays. When there's no other option for companionship, some will switch teams). So there's two things here: (1) Can you convince people to change who they are (including their sexuality)? (2) Should you? If you don't believe in #1, then you don't believe Psychology is real, and that people can change. So psychologists that attack this as mumbo-jumbo, are attacking their entire field. Separately, is "should you"? And that depends. I wouldn't, for the sake of liberty: let people decide what path they want to take. But I extend that same liberty to those who want to follow the practice, as those who oppose it. Pick your own path -- just don't try to legislate it (like Stupid/Hypocritical California does).
- Jessica Yaniv - A trans-activist in Canada (previously known as Jonathan Yaniv) was trying to force women to wax his genitalia. Since one refused (they didn't offer Manzilians), he filed a complaint with the British Columbia Human Rights Tribunal citing gender identity discrimination, demanding financial restitution. The defendants pointed out safety concerns since testicles are different than women's bikini lines, but they couldn't afford the $20,000 it would take to fight the case, so it forced them to close their businesses, and JY celebrated the hostile act as a victory. It came out that s/he did that to 15 other estheticians, is a proud bigot that joined a women's gym to avoid dirty immigrants, and that s/he sent inappropriate tweets to early teenage girls, such as "show me your used tampon". Then he went one to harass people on twitter, and when they responded he cried trans-bigotry and got them banned: Meghan Murphy and Lindsay Shepherd -- while s/he gets to keep her account in gleeful bigotry. Yaniv was raided by the RCMP over concerns about being a predator posing as a trans person, as well as illegal weapons and running afoul of speech laws (with an anti-immigration rant). It couldn't happen to a nicer activist predator, that still qualifies for a blue-checked twitter account. S/he later lost a lawsuit against an esthetician showing that Canada might be nuts, but they're not fucking nuts.
- Trans athletes - I have nothing against trans folks. Their mental disorder gives them a harder life, and the last thing I want to do is to make someones life harder than it needs to be. But biological men competing in women’s sports, ruins women’s sports. At work we had a health day, and one of the tables had a grip meter. I squeezed and my Grip Strength went beyond pro athlete... for women, but avg for men. It was eye opening that an out of shape average male could easily crush what professional women’s athletes could do. Biology isn’t fair. And like it or not, what you wish you were doesn’t change your chromosomes. So while I love when women beat men in sports, I never forget how much harder they have to work to do it.
- Trans-Actors - BuzzFeed and other far-left SJW organizations keep looking for new excuses to prove that you need them to turn the world something that it isn't: fair. So they see injustice everywhere and whine about it, polarizing everyone against everyone else, with silliness like this video which has a few trans-actors whining about how they don't get pay equity (or jobs). Of course the reason they don't get jobs, is because they're waiting for people to hand them to them, instead of working for them.
- Trans-tolerance, Charlotte and Lady's Restrooms - adapt to their delusion. That's where they jump the shark and go from defending the little guy, into being the bullies. This article documents how the timeline went down, and where the bullied became the lying bullies.
- Trump v. Tranny Brigade - Here's my opinion on Trump's trans-army ban. I'm not a fan of that action, but it is blown way out of proportion, it was mostly the Democrats fault, and of all the things to get irritated with him on, this doesn't make the top 10. And the more hysterical the left gets about this, the more I flip from being opposed to his stupidty, to being more pissed about theirs. Keep balance and perspective. This goes into why.